Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:50 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
I said that. I've still got 30 models to paint. Only 5 are undercoated and 5 primed for the red coat. gonk

I've got 1 assault squad to finish, 1 to start build, a 10 man tactical squad, a scout squad, the commander to my army, and a Whirlwind all to build and paint, and schools about to start for me in a few weeks. gonk Not to mention I won't have time after school with both a job and Football practice. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm
do you think it would be a waste of money to pur adreadnought under a carnifexs foot?like for extra detail?
my mom doersnt like me bying warhammers  

hackexe

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:22 pm
hackexe
do you think it would be a waste of money to pur adreadnought under a carnifexs foot?like for extra detail?
yes! it would also be bad to put a lictor commin out of a dread but it would look killer  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:25 pm
It all depends on your "disposeable income" - I earn my money through work, pay my rent, and survive. Whatever is left is mine to enjoy. If I wanted to buy a land raider just to smash it into scenery, that's my choice.

However, if you're on pocket money or an allowance, I'd not recommend doing conversions with such expensive models. 3nodding It depends. It's only a waste if you cannot afford it.
On a side note, the forge world MK IV Dreadnought sculpted base has a chaos dread back sticking out of the soil. 3nodding  

Cagalli Yura Attha

hackexe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:28 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
It all depends on your "disposeable income" - I earn my money through work, pay my rent, and survive. Whatever is left is mine to enjoy. If I wanted to buy a land raider just to smash it into scenery, that's my choice.

However, if you're on pocket money or an allowance, I'd not recommend doing conversions with such expensive models. 3nodding It depends. It's only a waste if you cannot afford it.
On a side note, the forge world MK IV Dreadnought sculpted base has a chaos dread back sticking out of the soil. 3nodding
thanx i didnt think of it that way and the chaos is where i got the idea  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:29 pm
Reddemon
hackexe
yes! it would also be bad to put a lictor commin out of a dread but it would look killer
surprised overgrown chestburster.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

hackexe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:31 pm
maybe i should use a few inexpensive ones like a space marine  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:34 pm
hackexe
maybe i should use a few inexpensive ones like a space marine
Conversions are NOT something i'd suggest for a beginner.
You need to know how to cut, sculpt, glue, and pin... To make a wounded/ dead thing under foot. Casualties are the HARDEST thing to make. 3nodding Try simple weapon swaps for HQ's and stuff for now - things to make your army unique. Start small.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

hackexe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:14 pm
ok rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:04 am
like the left handed grendae thrower  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Relkin9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:33 am
Well, I hate to say this, but I have not even been able to get around to unpacking my Titan.... crying Talk about embarassing... Anyway, anything interesting happen in this area since I was gone?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:28 am
not really bring the titan so some place i play ill bring a couple storm blades  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:46 pm
Mat
not really bring the titan so some place i play ill bring a couple storm blades
They aren't all that great. In the tank mega battle, the most effective unit was the Predator Tank.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:29 pm
i dont have any storm blades anyways  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:34 pm
don't. But a Titan. They're a barrel of laughs.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games