Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:56 am
I hate noobs asking me if I would give them certain items on my own avatar and seeing if I want them.Its like, why would I equipt the items if I did not want them and what makes you so special that I would give such expensive items away to you?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:05 am
The Playdough Bunny
I hate noobs asking me if I would give them certain items on my own avatar and seeing if I want them.Its like, why would I equipt the items if I did not want them and what makes you so special that I would give such expensive items away to you?

Oooohhhhhh........that pisses me off too. I had one girl that would not leave me alone!! when I wouldn't give her my stuff she asked me to buy them for her. Then she asked me for money. NO! evil  

fuzzyelle

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:31 am
I've been asked for my kiki quite a bit...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 am
I'm hungry and there's no food in the house. Ugh... I have to go grocery shopping sad  

Fawn Matronic

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:51 am
Madame_Fluffy
Newbies/n00bs coming right up to you and asking for freebies. They run about, asking how to make some quick and easy money. And when you inform them the ways to make gold on Gaia (without resorting to the bannable botting route), they b***h about how that's 'too much work'.

I receive several "begs" per day, asking me to "donate" to them. I used to write back and tell them how to earn gold, but after awhile I realized it was a complete waste of keystrokes because they didn't read, they didn't want to work, they just wanted to be a unique snowflake who didn't have to put in any effort like the rest of us. Now I just cheerfully ignore them.

And a related complaint: people who send friend requests because they think it'll make you want to give them stuff. This is why I stopped accepting friend requests from strangers - I got tired of the "now that we're friends, give me stuff" PMs. ARGH. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

And as long as I'm complaining: my boss is being unreasonable again. Fortunately, I'm already in the process of looking for a far better job. I've been in this one way too long.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm
I'm so glad I"m not the only one who has a problem with begging. it's the worst when they ask for items i'm wearing or items i don't even have! I've been on here for five freaking years and never asked for a handout...why would i give my stuff that i love to people i don't even know??? at least some people know how i feel!!  

RadicalEd

Aged Member

YACHlRU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:30 pm
The Playdough Bunny

They don't tend to target me much on this char, but I get begged alot when I'm on one of my other chars.

I was in towns last week, some begging noob comes up to me...
Noob: Ur wingz mine
Me: what? you have the same pair? cool
Noob: Want ur wingz
Me: NOT FOR SALE
Noob: Not buy. Gimme
Me: you really think I'm gonna give you my wings?
Noob: Yes, gimme
Me: No, they are my wings and I bought them myself to wear them myself.
Noob: Why?
Me: I bought them because I wanted them, because I liked them, because they go with the image I'm attempting to portray.
Noob: Why?

As I thought this was going to be a wailling kid going "Why? Why? Why?" for all eternity, I turned my back to the char and ignored him. He soon got the message and left.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm
Members of Gaia that regularly insult people for stupid stuff like Name, Age, etc.

Beggers

People that insult you then report if you say anything they don't like.

Botters

Hackers (I saw this one that tried to sell an Angelic Rod on the Market. And another that hacked to 999,999,999 gold. Then posted a thread with a screen shot to there actual character. And a link to the website where he got the hack from.

Trolls

People that don't bother to read the Terms of Service.
stressed  

LanceCalvis

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:44 pm
I hate the fact that you can't report begging PMs any more sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 pm
Well, this doesn't have much to do with gaia, but...

I hate the fact that massages tickle me. Whereas everyone around me is saying how much they enjoy massages, my back is just too sensitive. Add on top of that a small bath tub and the fact that I work Retail, I just can't find any good ways to relax and relieve my stress. I've been told it's just that they were doing it wrong, but it's not the case. Even people who do it right tickle me. It's really frustrating at times.

One of these days, I just need to relax in a spa... But I just don't have the money to do that right now! T-T  

RoleOfAQS

Crystalwolf78

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:25 pm
The Playdough Bunny
Dragon student
I am going to MOCK every one who calls into their cell phone company and answers a simple question with a stupid one.

Question: What kind of phone do you have?
Dumb Answer: It's a (Name of Cell Phone Company) phone.
My Thoughts: Well DUH, that's all we sell.

Question: How can I help you today?
Dumb Answer: Yes, I am a (Name of Cell Phone Company) customer.
My Thoughts: Gee, you think? I wouldn't be talking to you otherwise.

Those are my top two pet peeve answers (if you can't tell, I work for a cell phone company). Here are some other stuff I thought is just stupid (but funny)

Customer "My phone keeps shutting off when I press the PWR button when answering a call."
My thoughts: This isn't seen as much, but older phones labeled their power buttons PWR.

Customer "I didn't know you had to put the battery in to make the phone work."
My thoughts: *facepalm* A cell phone is an electrical device people. It needs a power source.

Still work related, they're making the call center move it's reps around so this makes six...maybe seven? I've lost count....desks moves I have done since April while everyone else has done only one or two.
my boyfriend works at a call center in the customer service department so I understand those stories.Its always funny when people get angry because he can't give them a all the retarded demands they want and then they say "Well I am never shopping here again" and its like "Oh no, your order of $100 every couple of years to a multi billion dollar company, how will we ever survive?"

i know i used to work a big time retail company and they asked me if i worked there in my head its "no i just wear the uniform for fun" duh i wouldnt wear cakys and uncomfortable shirt they make me wear here geez or the one guy wouldnt clearify what he was asking kept asking do u have more of these? points to item-" well we have more same thing different name sir " NO DO U HAVE MORE OF THESE?" me"u mean that particular one?" "NO F*** U" and he stormed off another cutomer told him of lol i love other customers who help us since we get in trouble for doing that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 pm
LanceCalvis
Members of Gaia that regularly insult people for stupid stuff like Name, Age, etc.

Beggers

People that insult you then report if you say anything they don't like.

Botters

Hackers (I saw this one that tried to sell an Angelic Rod on the Market. And another that hacked to 999,999,999 gold. Then posted a thread with a screen shot to there actual character. And a link to the website where he got the hack from.

Trolls

People that don't bother to read the Terms of Service.
stressed

Totally agree with all these particular headaches you mentioned - especially that one about the Angelic Rod and TOS thing.

In regards to the Angelic fishing rod - I came across a girl in a fishing room who bragged she had the angelic rod in her inventory. Thinking she was bluffing, I said 'Okay, let's see it then!'. She leaves and returns with, sure enough, the angelic rod. She explains the rod is only cosmetic (as it does nothing different from the basic rod, it just an image of the rod). When asked where she got such a thing, she said she downloaded it - and that it was perfectly fine for her to have because it 'wasn't cheating' (despite the fact that the item is not available on gaia to begin with and in order to equip it on Gaia, she's tampering with loopholed within the site's security - a huge no no).

Obviously, since the item is not available on Gaia, it is an illegal download, and I reported her on the spot (took a screencap of her avatar equipped with the illegally downloaded item and sent it directly to a moderator).

The TOS violators really piss me off - as the reasons they give for ignoring the rules either consist of 'well, everyone else is doing it, so - ******** you!' or 'I never read the rules - so, ******** you!'; like either excuse is going to let them off the hook after being caught doing something that they should not be doing.  

Madame_Fluffy

Madame_Fluffy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 pm
jellysundae
I hate the fact that you can't report begging PMs any more sad

I know it - the moderators simply state to ignore the PMs/place the user on your ignore list if they persist. XP

Sure, they'll stop annoying me - but what about the other people they target? Sure, these other people can place the beggar on their ignore lists, too - but considering the beggar is making an annoying a** of themselves by harrassing numerous users for items/gold; shouldn't they be reprimanded for it?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 pm
you also forget they can make new screen names at will!

Gaia doesn't really care about extra SNs like neopets did.. ugh I am so tired of Neopets too. I am glad I gave my account to my boyfriend's sister. that site did things to my computer. the games were fun but still... *shudders*

I have several SN's on gaia but at the same time I don't use them to get every item out there, I use them for more personal reasons and for having a laugh at what I can create.

this is why I like my gaia Avi. so much you can do with it. but this is a complaint department.

I have had several people who have threatened me on gaia, one stalker, and to make things weirder, I had many MANY n00bs try and con me to get rid of something like my coco. I had a kiki that I worked hard for once but that was kinda stolen from me. another complaint, I Wish Gaia wasnt such a sellout like Neopets became but those idiots MADE you send out personal info to get neopoints. Bad BAD idea. I got all kinds of weird s**t. eh well.. I swear they even had a link for free condoms. I still never got my box but oh well. what am I gonna do with that?  

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50

EriceMurcas

Fashionable Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:57 pm
Not really Gaia related but here it goes. I...
WAIT A MINUTE, GAIA IS A WORD! *adds it* Hurumph.
Anyway, my arthritis is kicking in and I might have to wake up early, tomorrow. Or I could sleep in. Speaking of NeoPets, I'm quite sure mine are dead. sad  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games