Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Mayfair Manor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 pm
Felix did understand what Antha said. But there was a difference between what she wanted from him, and what life has taught him. Even if she wanted him to question her, Felix didn't think he was able to do that. unless the question held importance, it was useless to bring it up.

Antha lead Felix to the car. Felix again took the back seat. Closing the door behind him, he fastened his seat belt and then stared out the window. He did start to wonder how he was going to go against a ghost. They weren't materail objects. He could see them but he didn't know how he was suppose to face one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 pm
.David Talbot.
Courtland laughed. He couldn't help it. He never thought he'd see Antha of all people so uncertain of her romantic standing.
Atticus gave them confused eyes and then they turned apologetic and questioning when he looked only at Vikteren. "I did not mean to upset her in any way. Or you if I have done so. It is only that Nicholas called me last night. He thought I should know. But I was not sure I could trust information from Nicholas."
He forced a cough into his hand. Vampires didn't just naturally coughed but he felt the need to hide hisexpression. Atticus didn't like Nicholas and it showed.
Cyrus and Jack meanwhile were left staring at each other back in the kitchen. "You could drink," Jack replied to Kain. "It's what I do. Fun for all the boys and girls!" It made a big grin spread across his face. "I don't really know though. What would it take to keep you entertained?"
Cyrus was busy staring at him. His face showed his concentration. "It's only Antha you feel that draw too isn't it?" he asked. Cyrus wasn't strong but he was perceptive and it wasn't just witch powers. He had spent a long time studying people's expressions and reactions. He had to do something while he waswaiting for the birth of his Designee of the Legacy. Kain's actions had persuaded Cyrus to look into his mind and what he found there made him curious because he knew Antha had used no magic on him.

Kain first turned to Jack. "Doesn't take me much. If you give me a moment to let my meds kick in then I'd be happy to drink with you." Kain said with a small smile that didn't show past his mask. Then he looked at Cyrus looking him over almost as if he was mesureing him up. "Yes she is the only one. I'm not sure why yet." then he chuckled a little. "If your looking for my past I wish you luck. I haven't even found it yet." He said then turned to his case. "Give me a moment." He said then held his breath and took off the mask. The small scars now were showing as he lifted the light gas mask and put it on then put a small capsule in it and took a deep breath as it pumped gas into it. He then took it off and took a deep breath. Insted of starting to cough up blood he breathed normally. "That will last about an hour." He said aloud looking at them wondering if they knew what he was thinking or if they wondered what was wrong with him.  

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Antha laid her head back against the seat, closing her eyes and letting her mind wander until she found Rynn. "Here," she murmured, touching his wrist gently and attaching that connection to his mind so that he could follow it to Rynn. "I don't care how you get there," she said very simply, letting her eyes open momentarily to take in the electronic blue glow of the gauges on the dashboard, "Just get there, and wake me up when you do." As she spoke, she turned and curled up in her seat, her head resting against her knees, and not a minute after it had gone quiet in the car, Antha was asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 am
When her fingers touched his wrist Courtland closed his hand over Antha's and did what he was told. It probably wasn't a good idea with the recklessness of his driving to only have one hand ont he steering wheel the entire time but while she slept he kept his hand around hers.
Again it all led to that sense of comfort. For Mayfairs being close helped. Blood against blood made things easier. Aura agaisnt aura. Keeping his hand in hers would help her sleep and him stay calm. Because no matter how good of a witch he was it was tricky getting rid of ghosts.
It didn't help that Antha would be doing it. He trusted her to get rid of the ghost but Antha unleashing her power was like drowning. Drowning in power.
"Evie." He squeezed her hand and let go to shake her shoulder. "We're here I think." He leaned forward to look up at the manor in front of them. "Damm. This is the kind of place Julien always wanted us to buy. If it was more french that is."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 am
If Antha had any dreams, she couldn't recall them. One moment she was curling up in the seat, and the next Courtland was shaking her awake. "Je ne veux pas me reveiller," she murmured, withdrawing towards the car door, "Je veux dormir." But it wasn't Louis waking her, as she had first thought. The sound of the engine, faint as it was, reminded her that she was in the car and Louis had been dead for many years. Just like that, she was awake and alert, copying Courtland and leaning forward to take a look at the building. "Indeed it is. Julien has always been a sucker for grandeur."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:00 pm
The cousins brushed their questions off. They were used to odd people. "Cheers," Jack said setting a couple of bottles on the counter. Mayfairs always kept their bars well stocked.
Cyrus was still staring at him. "It might be that her power calls to you. Maybe her power level or her specific type of magic."
He picked up a bottle then leaned against the counter. He took a sip before continuing. "The other much more likely excuse is that you're attracted to her." He shrugged.
Jack laughed while he was pouring himself a glass. "Isn't everyone?"
Cyrus shook his head. "Not everyone. Even Antha Evelyn Mayfair can't have everything that moves."
That made Jack laugh again. "What do you think?" he asked Kain.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:10 pm
"Im not too sure." he responded picking up a bottle. "She is one of the only people I have felt this way about sience the war...but seeing as I can't remember my life before it or even the war itself, I guess that doesn't mean much." he said with a smile taking a long drink. "This is really good." he said as it dropped from his lips. "But when shes not around I feel a little...unfilled." He contuned then took another drink.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 pm
Jack did a bad job of hiding his laugh so it turned in to a snort as he raised his glass to his lips. Cyrus kicked him. "I think my cousin agrees with the second theory."
Jack nodded cheerfully. "Happens to everyone." He laughed.
"Might be both," Cyrus said. "So tell me about this war. If you don't mind. Why don't you remember anything?"

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am
"I have no idea. All I know for sure about the war was that it changed how I had to fight." he kicked his suitcase lightly. Then he picked it up and put it on the counter and opened it up. "Let me show you guys." he said deciding that it might help to try trusting someone. He lifted out a needle and some of the meds. "My heart beats slower than normal for some reason. So slow in fact that it could kill me. So every twelve hours I have to pump pure adrenalin into my body. This stuff is so strong that it makes things around me seem slower if I take two and almost stop compleatly if I take three. One keeps me alive." He said then pushed one of the bottles over to Cyrus so he could take a closer look at it. Then he took out a dust mask his gas mask and the filter like thing. "I cant breath normal air very well. Dust or anything in the air will rip my lungs apart. I have to wear one of these two masks at almost all times." he said placeing one hand on the dust mask and the other on the gas mask. "If I wear the gas mask however I can use one of these." he said holding up the filter. "It fills my lungs with pure oxygen making it to where I almost don't even need to breath except to speak and it keeps me alive." He then remembered something. "I think I may have been fighting Werewovles and Vampires durnign the war but my memory is still really foggy." he added as he shut his eyes trying to shake away the images from his mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 pm
Cyrus picked up the jar and turned it around in his hands for a minute. He stayed quiet while he was thinking. "A lot of people have come to Antha for help over the years." He scoffed and stared at the cabinets. "One of them reminded me of you. He was always sick and had these weird little quirks. She dragged him off to the Talamasca motherhouse to her little witchdoctor friend Atticus and they studied him for a very long time. Turns out he had been attacked by a werewolf. But his body was strong and the small amounts of werewolf DNA couldn't fully turn him. That was what made him sick."
He paused and set the bottle down on the counter. "Antha and Atticus convinced him to let them inject a little vampire blood into his system. Instead of turning or killing him it did the same thing. They had a ******** field day. Finally they gave him the choice of vampire or werewolf. He chose werewolf and they gave him a big injection of werewolf DNA. He transformed and he was never sick again."
Jack pushed his glass away and went for the bottle. "Antha and Atticus are fanatics for all of this metaphysical s**t."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 pm
"Strange." Kain said almost to himself looking out the window as he took a sip of his drink. "Someone would chose which way they wanted to live forever." His eyes went wide for a moment. "I remember others in the war got attacked and just about eaten alive by the wolves. Had to take off there heads in the end of the battle just to make sure we didn't fight with them to. I had close calls but I always managed to get them to feel the bite of my sword before I felt the bite of their teeth." he then looked at the bottle for a moment. "I had to use that stuff and the oxygen to make me almost as fast as the wovles and the vampires. Guess it worked well enough." he said with a small smirk now that he remembered a little more.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 pm
Cyrus and Jack were both quiet for a few minutes. Cyrus looked thoughtful. Jack was nervous and kept himself busy by drinking.
Alcoholism at it's finest.
"I have a bit of advice for you," Cyrus said finally. It drew Jack's attention but Cyrus wasn't paying attention to anythign really. "You can take it or not but listen to me carefully. Do not tell Antha about this. Don't tell anyone. Because Antha learns about just about everything and you don't want her to know."
He leaned against the counter and crossed his arms. "I love my cousin. Really I do. I love her so much I can't stand it. But she's not exactly a good person Kain. If she finds out about this and sees potential in you then she's going to find a way to talk you into letting her use you. And a hundred people in this city can tell you that it will be fantastic while it lasts but when it ends she'll ******** you over. When it comes to her craft Antha is merciless. She has to be to keep control of this city and she's very serious about her position."
Jack stared at the counter. "Antha is a very zealous witch. She doesn't mean to be cruel."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 am
Kain looked at him with knowing eyes. "So long as she doesn't just read my mind. I'll do my best not to tell her." he then looked at his hands a little. "To be honest part of me doesn't mind the idea of being used though. It reminds me of the war a little." he said with a smirk then looked at him again. "I trust that you two will help make sure she doesn't find out then." he said, it wasn't a question it was a satement. "If it will ever help her though then tell her. If she needs my help." he added finishing off the drink.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:24 pm
Felix finally reached the Mayfair Manor. He slowed himself to a walk, once it came into view. He didn't exactly take the same route back. He veered off on purpose. Trying to get to know the area around him. Know all it's little corners and dark spots. It could take a while but if he was going to be living here, he felt he needed to. He would feel better knowing the area around him.

Felix walked to the door and turned around. He noticed that Courtlands car wasn't here. He should have gotten to the Manor first. He drove a car and Felix ran back. How did Felix get here first? He quickly dropped the question. Courtland probably stayed a little longer. He wasn't like Felix. Felix was trained to take orders. Courtland wasn't. Felix dropped the thought and opened the door and walked in.

Azure Halfbreed

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:37 pm
It was the touch of Antha's mind that woke Dolly Jean. Whatever her message, it wasn't very clear, but Dolly Jean still formed a sort of understanding from it. That was what drove her to creep down the stairs, peeking around the banister to the front door as it opened. She was frightened only a moment or two before she saw Felix enter, which alleviate any sense of panic that had arisen. "Felix," she called to him, her voice matching the smile on her face as she flitted down the stairs, "Antha told me you were coming." Her face contorted into something like puzzlement for a split second as she stopped before him, hands clasped behind her back. "I think." But she dismissed that vague uncertainty and let that gentle smile overtake her face again. "Welcome home. How was the trip?"

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games