Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

...I'm still not understanding your "before a fight" explanation. (Not sure if it's a lack of punctuation, of if it's just me. Are you trying to say that it can only apply to encounters? (be them social or battle)

The spell always covers the battlefield you do not get to decide how big it is, you said you could use it to buy time but because of the way it works you couldn't mid fight put the party in a bubble and heal. Only way you could use it to heal up is by using it before a fight, but there is no reason to because you could just heal normally

so it really is useless outside of an encounter then.

I was talking to Bored Reckless and she is thinking that she wants her character to be a water mage. She was wondering about a spell to manipulate the form and shape of water. (So a basic water manipulation spell.) Not sure if it could be caused by the same spell (like an effect based on how you use it) or if it would be a completely different spell, but the ability to cause water to pressureize, expand, or suddenly burst through a pipe that you can see (or a kettle, or a barrel, or a bottle, etc.). Something water-based that could case a distraction for a thief to steal stuff.
She was also wondering about a water-themed barrier spell.

I also wanted to ask about a spell to manipulate the size and shape of flames, as well as a spell to change the colour of flames or water (and/or consistency of water) . A spell to create objects and sculptures out of ice would also be useful, as would an ice wall/barrier spell.
In fact, a basic spell for each element to manipulate the element would be good in general. It's simple and adds variety,(not to mention more options).

finally, is your Disarming Darkness spell the same as my Shadow Capture Bind spell? Like, exactly the same?

You can still use it to threaten people/instill fear becausethey don't see you, but yeah basically

Yeah that would be good for filler but seems a little weak, we can just say you can do basic manipulation with the children spells

Probably, I changed it up to fit with PSCT and gave it a new name(I think), did that with a lot of spells  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

...I'm still not understanding your "before a fight" explanation. (Not sure if it's a lack of punctuation, of if it's just me. Are you trying to say that it can only apply to encounters? (be them social or battle)

The spell always covers the battlefield you do not get to decide how big it is, you said you could use it to buy time but because of the way it works you couldn't mid fight put the party in a bubble and heal. Only way you could use it to heal up is by using it before a fight, but there is no reason to because you could just heal normally

so it really is useless outside of an encounter then.

I was talking to Bored Reckless and she is thinking that she wants her character to be a water mage. She was wondering about a spell to manipulate the form and shape of water. (So a basic water manipulation spell.) Not sure if it could be caused by the same spell (like an effect based on how you use it) or if it would be a completely different spell, but the ability to cause water to pressureize, expand, or suddenly burst through a pipe that you can see (or a kettle, or a barrel, or a bottle, etc.). Something water-based that could case a distraction for a thief to steal stuff.
She was also wondering about a water-themed barrier spell.

I also wanted to ask about a spell to manipulate the size and shape of flames, as well as a spell to change the colour of flames or water (and/or consistency of water) . A spell to create objects and sculptures out of ice would also be useful, as would an ice wall/barrier spell.
In fact, a basic spell for each element to manipulate the element would be good in general. It's simple and adds variety,(not to mention more options).

finally, is your Disarming Darkness spell the same as my Shadow Capture Bind spell? Like, exactly the same?

You can still use it to threaten people/instill fear becausethey don't see you, but yeah basically

Yeah that would be good for filler but seems a little weak, we can just say you can do basic manipulation with the children spells

Probably, I changed it up to fit with PSCT and gave it a new name(I think), did that with a lot of spells

PSCT?

Weak? On the contrary, basic manipulation spells are actually quite useful. You can use it to transfer water from one cup to another ( probably in smaller quantities),, make a fire burn taller or light candles, have the wind make the leaves dance in tune with music, or cool a bown of soup with ice magic, or entertain children with convincing shadow puppets. It allows for more creative freedom and it's great for simple things outside of battle (especially for entertainment and for him or distractions.)
After all, can you imagine a wood mage that can't make a flower bloom for fun?

Another thing: What about a spell to breath underwater?

And do we increase our chances of success on rolls or saves if we have an advantage or proficiency? (Like for a rogue to have proficiency in stealing and hiding, etc)

G2g CU's my tablet sucks...  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:00 pm
Haru Yates
PSCT?

Weak? On the contrary, basic manipulation spells are actually quite useful. You can use it to transfer water from one cup to another ( probably in smaller quantities),, make a fire burn taller or light candles, have the wind make the leaves dance in tune with music, or cool a bown of soup with ice magic, or entertain children with convincing shadow puppets. It allows for more creative freedom and it's great for simple things outside of battle (especially for entertainment and for him or distractions.)

And do we increase our chances of success on rolls or saves if we have an advantage or proficiency? (Like for a rogue to have proficiency in stealing and hiding, etc)

PSCT(short for, problem solving card text) is a turm made for weighting YGO vards to make some interactions that would otherwise be hard to word easier to eork out

Yeah everything you said there(except maybe making already existing fire grow) is whay the children spells already do(BTW just wanna point out you say entertain children with puppets and entertaining children is in the description of those spells)

Feel like that would be kinda weak like dark vision, something more interesting would be a spell that would do bolth and maybe some more, just have a lot of smaller neet effects to more advanced traversal, but would probably make that a wood spell or put it in the shop as a few items

NOTE: when I say a spell is weak I mean in comparison to other already existing abilities, this doesn't mean I don't like the idea just that it doesn't work for this system

No but you can increase that by buying armour I will probably make a post about that shop and work out a reasonable starting gold amount, that post will have all the ruling you will need to know(I can post the WIP shop now(if you want but don't expect much, creating that and spells are very different and aren't as easily explained when in a WIP state  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
PSCT?

PSCT(short for, problem solving card text) is a turm made for weighting YGO vards to make some interactions that would otherwise be hard to word easier to eork out

Yeah everything you said there(except maybe making already existing fire grow) is what the children spells already do(BTW just wanna point out you say entertain children with puppets and entertaining children is in the description of those spells)

Nuh-uh. The description just says "a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG". It doesn't say anything about it being commonly used to entertain children.

Xa44
Feel like that would be kinda weak like dark vision, something more interesting would be a spell that would do bolth and maybe some more, just have a lot of smaller neet effects to more advanced traversal, but would probably make that a wood spell or put it in the shop as a few items

What's wrong with having many different spells instead of one that does multiple things? Not everything has to be multi-purpose, you know. Even useless spells can be fun. I don't normally care for useless spells, but I know of people who would love to be able to cast "fireworks". I also know people who would look at a spell that creates fireworks and think how great that spell would be for distracting people and waking people up in the middle of the night. ...Actually, even Gandalf had a spell to make fireworks! lol.
A spell to make a flower bloom (Kinda like Groot did back in Guardians of the Galaxy) might have no purpose other than to be pleasant (which may make other people like you more, which may make them think you're good people and thus, they may choose to open up to you or trust you just a little more). Still, creative people will think of creative ways to make use of them.

Xa44
NOTE: when I say a spell is weak I mean in comparison to other already existing abilities, this doesn't mean I don't like the idea just that it doesn't work for this system

Just curious, but why exactly wouldn't it work?

Is it because knowing this spell would be game-breaking by allowing us to bypass things like getting a boat or a torch? (Because if that's the case, you could easily add restrictions to spells such as time limits, limited uses, limited number of targets, or other restrictions to ensure that it can't be abused. For example, breathing underwater could be restricted to 5 minutes at a time, can only affect one target at a time, and does not give the user the ability to speak underwater. It's amazing how placing restrictions on spells and abilities can open up so many more options for the Game Master. ) Actually, a spell to breath underwater could be life-saving because I don't imagine that Terran would have had many opportunities to learn to swim in his life. sweatdrop

Xa44
No but you can increase that by buying armor I will probably make a post about that shop and work out a reasonable starting gold amount, that post will have all the ruling you will need to know (I can post the WIP shop now (if you want but don't expect much, creating that and spells are very different and aren't as easily explained when in a WIP state

If you welcome feedback on the WIP shop, (or constructive criticism, if you're brave enough to hear it), then it might be a good idea to post it; maybe as a separate thread.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Xa44

I should also mention that my sis (Bored Reckless) was surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) to hear that we don't get any advantage or bonuses on our rolls to succeed on something that our character should be skilled in. (with the exception of armor, that is.) It might not hurt to at least consider something like this for your system. (like I may have said before, a thief should be better at theivery than somebody who has never even heard of thieves tools. Or, as a better example, a cleric shouldn't be able to steal as well as a professional thief.)

Otherwise, talent is dead. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

I should also mention that my sis (Bored Reckless) was surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) to hear that we don't get any advantage or bonuses on our rolls to succeed on something that our character should be skilled in. (with the exception of armor, that is.) It might not hurt to at least consider something like this for your system. (like I may have said before, a thief should be better at theivery than somebody who has never even heard of thieves tools. Or, as a better example, a cleric shouldn't be able to steal as well as a professional thief.)

A thief with modern day tec 200 years ago would make them a strong thief

I don't want manny filler spells and dividing them up like that would mean you would need to level to get a roleplay spell witch you can roleplay without spells like that, think about a street performer that just casts random spells
I will add a spell of bearding at some point because Urealms
Also if I did that than there would be times like this"can I use fireball and detonate it in the air to make a firework" "no to do that you would need the firework spell to do that" and if I didn't than what is the point of the spell

For why ko water breathing is because it would be outclassed by so manny spells and the only use would be to walk to places you shouldn't be
Examples of it being outclassed
I fell off a boat, cast Bubble to float you up onto the ship

I wanna swim to the bottom of the ocean, cast Drip

Breath holding contest, use Bubble on yourself to breathe or to take out the comp

I wanna swim really far, cast Flow you move faster than you would swimming

Hiding, cast Flatten you are now a blob and can teleport behind a wall or behind the person

I feel like all theae examples the alternatives are 1-better and 2-more entertaining, I sit in the water vs I put you in a magic bubble like come on bubbles man

Kk going to post the shop but really it is a big WIP so a pot of things you may say will be changed already or are put in as a WIP and are not explained yet for my personal organisation  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm
Town specific
Dark = ●
Fire = ○
Water = □
Nature =■
Earth = ♤(everything at the earth town cost 10G)
Ice = ♡
Wind + Lightning = ◇
Light = ☆
Arcane = sells all

WEAPONS

Dagger-5G
Spear-7G
Sword-12G
Axe-8G
Bow-4G
Arrows(8 )-4G

SHIELDS

S. Shield- 7G
M. Shield- 10G
L. Shield- 15G

ARMOUR
(Heavy and knight armour are not sold in earth town)

* = can be used with full metal armours
^ = full metal armours
Light armour*- 8G
Light armour- 13G
Light chain*- 18G
Basic plate- 25G
Heavy plate^- 40G
Knight armour^- 70G

CLOTHING
(Only basic outfit is sold in the Earth town)

Adventurers clothes- 5G
Basic outfit- 10G
Classy outfit- 17G
Traditional outfit- 10G
Noble outfit- 33G

Swimsuit●□- 8G
Dessert outfit○♤- 10G
Snow outfit♡◇- 15G
Rain outfit- 6G

MEDICINE

Bandages- 6G
Medicine- 4G
Healing stone- 8G

FOODS
(Dragon slap isn't available in earth town)

Ration- 2G
Bread- 3G
Meat- 5G
Fruit/vegetables- 4G
Spices- 2G
Dooreat- 1G
Fancy meal- 10G

* = alcoholic

Canteen- 6G
Peps- 5G
Colo- 5G
Valley dew- 5G
Pr. Salt- 5G
Citrus aid- 5G
Vnegative8- 5G
11 up- 5G
Beer*- 10G
Wine*- 20G
Dragon slap*- 50G

CAMPING
(Only a few marked items can be purchased in the earth town)

small tent♤- 15G
Medium tent- 30G
Large tent- 80G

Magic fence♤- 32G
Magic barrier- 70G

Collection of books♤- 28G
Training dummys- 47G

Firestarter♤- 5G
Fire stone♤- 20G

Stone firepit♤- 10G
Metal firepit- 25G

Basic trap♤- 8G
Advanced trap♤- 13G

Cooking set♤- 18G

MISC

shovel- 7G
Dice+cards- 3G

Canvas- 2G
Art supplies- 7G
S. instrument- 11G
M. instrument- 24G
L. instrument- 37G

(house prices stay the same in earth town)

1 room house 1 bathroom- 127G
3 room house 1 bathroom- 364G
5 room house 2 bathroom- 642G  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:02 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

I should also mention that my sis (Bored Reckless) was surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) to hear that we don't get any advantage or bonuses on our rolls to succeed on something that our character should be skilled in. (with the exception of armor, that is.) It might not hurt to at least consider something like this for your system. (like I may have said before, a thief should be better at thievery than somebody who has never even heard of thieves tools. Or, as a better example, a cleric shouldn't be able to steal as well as a professional thief.)

A thief with modern day tec 200 years ago would make them a strong thief

I would have thought that being able to use some sleight of hand would make a more skilled thief. (You know, to be able to remove somebody's watch or wallet without them noticing?)
What kinda "modern day tech 200 years ago" helps you steal? (*confused*)

Xa44
I don't want many filler spells and dividing them up like that would mean you would need to level to get a roleplay spell witch you can roleplay without spells like that, think about a street performer that just casts random spells
I will add a spell of bearding at some point because Urealms
Also if I did that than there would be times like this"can I use fireball and detonate it in the air to make a firework" "no to do that you would need the firework spell to do that" and if I didn't than what is the point of the spell

Wouldn't exploding a fireball to create fireworks rain fire down upon us? (whereas a fireworks spell would be fairly harmless?)

Xa44
For why ko water breathing is because it would be outclassed by so manny spells and the only use would be to walk to places you shouldn't be
Examples of it being outclassed
I fell off a boat, cast Bubble to float you up onto the ship

I wanna swim to the bottom of the ocean, cast Drip

Breath holding contest, use Bubble on yourself to breathe or to take out the comp

I wanna swim really far, cast Flow you move faster than you would swimming

Hiding, cast Flatten you are now a blob and can teleport behind a wall or behind the person

I feel like all these examples the alternatives are 1-better and 2-more entertaining, I sit in the water vs I put you in a magic bubble like come on bubbles man

Lol. Actually, that sounds complicated to me. sweatdrop
Drip says you need to be in the air to use it.
Bubble says you float upward until it pops. Are you saying that you can control where the bubble floats to and make it pop at will? If so, then you should add that to the spell's description so that we understand the extent of what the spell can do. Otherwise, I'd be worried about fall damage from the bubble popping.
Flatten's description says you flatten yourself into nothing. You meant to say you flatten yourself into a puddle, right? Like, disappear into one puddle and emerge from another? It doesn't feel much like a water spell without involving water, is all.

How would bubble help you win a breath holding competition? You'd be disqualified on account of the bubble surrounding your head; or at the very least, for the rise and fall of your chest as you breath. (or for using it to ko your competition, although I do find the thought funny: "ready? GO!" *Uses bubble on opponent to knock them out.* "There, I won." [I probably understood that wrong.])

When you are making a 1000-spell spell list, it's usually a good idea to keep your spells simple and easy to understand. You gotta tell us what it's capable of doing in the description. For example, "Drip" says you cast it in the air to fall back to the surface and land nearby. I assumed this meant that the drop of water bursts/splatters like a raindrop when it hits a surface, including the surface of a lake or the ocean. Does drop allow you to bypass hitting the ocean's surface or can it be cast underwater as well?

Xa44
Kk going to post the shop but really it is a big WIP so a pot of things you may say will be changed already or are put in as a WIP and are not explained yet for my personal organisation

Ok. *looks over shop listings*

A couple questions about the world and the list:

tab Is there a limit to how much we can carry at a time?

tab Is the darkness town close enough to the ocean to make fish a potential food source? (assuming it doesn't go bad too quickly due to the distance traveled to get it?) Or is the eastern edge of the map/continent a cliff overlooking the ocean?

tab Do shops in the dark town sell items/charms/clothes to protect new citizens from the necrotic dark energies? (I say necrotic because it drains the life outta stuff)

tab Does the dark energy that surrounds the dark town appear as a fog or something that makes the town harder to find, making it more secluded and scary than it otherwise would have been without the dark aura? (Does the town get much sunlight? and is it easy to get lost while traveling through the dark energies surrounding the town?)

tab Is there a legal drinking age? And if so, what is it?

tab Do different towns specialize in different foods? (like the water town eats a lot of fish, the wood/forest town has wild game, the light town has fancy stuff like meat and poultry and bacon ... or fruit pies, the earth town could have bugs (like, giant ones or something cool like that) or stone-baked items, the frozen town has snow cones and arctic game (rabbit, seal, etc), and the arcane town has (idk) pastas or specialty cheeses, the darkness town could do dried meat (because of the need to preserve it) and the fire town could do flambe or something? Just a thought.)

tab What kinda drink is "dragon slap"? (what's it closest to?)

tab What is "Dooreat" supposed to be? (is it a typo?)

tab Does light armor include leather armor?

tab What do "adventurers clothes" include/grant?

tab "Collection of books"? Could you use this to learn spells or gain a bonus to knowledge-based checks?

tab House prices are for Inns, right? (suggestion: Might be a good idea to charge more for an inn in the ice town because it's so cold and secluded there. Travelers may not have much of a choice but to stay at the Ice town inn unless they are willing to risk freezing to death.)

tab Will wagon rentals ever be a thing?

tab Is there a buy-back system where we can sell items to the shops?

Sorry for all the questions!  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 am
Xa44

A few more things to consider:

Are there restrictions for Nature's consume spell? Such as the maximum size of things that can be eaten, and weather or not it's limited to food or non-living targets? (In other words, can enemies be devoured?)
In addition, is there a spell to make a target grow and shrink?

Is "acid" a type of effect or damage for any spell as of yet?

Nature's spell "trap" sounds like it might be more accurate to call it "snare", but whatever floats your boat.

Can the nature spell "fall" be used with pine needles in addition to leaves?

Another suggestion for a nature spell: something along the lines of "animal companions" or "animal messenger".

Are there any spells to summon creatures or beasts? Like a Summoner Class/Build?

Another idea might be like something based on D&D 5e's Contagion spell, used to infect a target with a disease. (may be random or chosen. In d&d, this spell lasts up to 8 hours I think.)

What water-based spell includes the ability to raise or lower water-levels? (is it splash?)

Are there any spells to detect or disarm traps?

And finally, if shade can be used to manipulate shadows and such, then how does it differ from conjure shadow? Is it something like the difference between this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*shadow being cast and moving independently.

and something like this?:

*Shadow materializing as a thick black smoke-like substance.
[img sources: ... google images.]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:38 pm
Haru Yates

A few more things to consider:

Are there restrictions for Nature's consume spell? Such as the maximum size of things that can be eaten, and weather or not it's limited to food or non-living targets? (In other words, can enemies be devoured?)

Maybe? Idk I feel like I would but if there isn't I probably had a reason so I will need to look that one over

Haru Yates
Is "acid" a type of effect or damage for any spell as of yet?

Not yet but that seems like a thing that would need statues ailments to be done

Haru Yates
Nature's spell "trap" sounds like it might be more accurate to call it "snare", but whatever floats your boat.

Can the nature spell "fall" be used with pine needles in addition to leaves?

They are leafs so yes

Haru Yates
Another suggestion for a nature spell: something along the lines of "animal companions" or "animal messenger".

A talk to animals thing could work but that effects is obtainable with lightning and also I like the idea of them not being able to talk really, that way bonding with a animals can be more impactful

Haru Yates
Are there any spells to summon creatures or beasts? Like a Summoner Class/Build?

Most earth spells are based on that gimmick, that is why sit is a spell

Haru Yates
Another idea might be like something based on D&D 5e's Contagion spell, used to infect a target with a disease. (may be random or chosen. In d&d, this spell lasts up to 8 hours I think.)

Still establishing what status ailments are hold back on those ideas for a bit until I can get that done

Haru Yates
What water-based spell includes the ability to raise or lower water-levels? (is it splash?)

As of now yes but I will probably make a spell for that

Haru Yates
Are there any spells to detect or disarm traps?

Not yet but, idk if traps will really be a thing, at least in the way you are thinking

Haru Yates
And finally, if shade can be used to manipulate shadows and such, then how does it differ from conjure shadow? Is it something like the difference between this:

Yes but way more extreme, that spell lets you do allusions and more advanced things  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:19 pm
Haru Yates

I would have thought that being able to use some sleight of hand would make a more skilled thief. (You know, to be able to remove somebody's watch or wallet without them noticing?)

poket knifes, a gun, lock-pick kits, other things probably
Haru Yates

Wouldn't exploding a fireball to create fireworks rain fire down upon us? (whereas a fireworks spell would be fairly harmless?)

the way the spell works the AOE has a fixed range so it would just blow up and then flicker away

Haru Yates

Bubble says you float upward until it pops. Are you saying that you can control where the bubble floats to and make it pop at will? If so, then you should add that to the spell's description so that we understand the extent of what the spell can do. Otherwise, I'd be worried about fall damage from the bubble popping.
Flatten's description says you flatten yourself into nothing. You meant to say you flatten yourself into a puddle, right? Like, disappear into one puddle and emerge from another? It doesn't feel much like a water spell without involving water, is all.

How would bubble help you win a breath holding competition? You'd be disqualified on account of the bubble surrounding your head; or at the very least, for the rise and fall of your chest as you breath. (or for using it to ko your competition, although I do find the thought funny: "ready? GO!" *Uses bubble on opponent to knock them out.* "There, I won." [I probably understood that wrong.])

When you are making a 1000-spell spell list, it's usually a good idea to keep your spells simple and easy to understand. You gotta tell us what it's capable of doing in the description. For example, "Drip" says you cast it in the air to fall back to the surface and land nearby. I assumed this meant that the drop of water bursts/splatters like a raindrop when it hits a surface, including the surface of a lake or the ocean. Does drop allow you to bypass hitting the ocean's surface or can it be cast underwater as well?

like using a water breathing spell wouldn't be cheating LOL

the idea is that the puddle goes into the dirt so nothing would be viable

bubble lasts until popped, you can pop it with a arrow or something or just with a slap

Haru Yates

Ok. *looks over shop listings*

A couple questions about the world and the list:

tab Is there a limit to how much we can carry at a time?

tab Is the darkness town close enough to the ocean to make fish a potential food source? (assuming it doesn't go bad too quickly due to the distance traveled to get it?) Or is the eastern edge of the map/continent a cliff overlooking the ocean?

tab Do shops in the dark town sell items/charms/clothes to protect new citizens from the necrotic dark energies? (I say necrotic because it drains the life outta stuff)

tab Does the dark energy that surrounds the dark town appear as a fog or something that makes the town harder to find, making it more secluded and scary than it otherwise would have been without the dark aura? (Does the town get much sunlight? and is it easy to get lost while traveling through the dark energies surrounding the town?)

tab Is there a legal drinking age? And if so, what is it?

tab Do different towns specialize in different foods? (like the water town eats a lot of fish, the wood/forest town has wild game, the light town has fancy stuff like meat and poultry and bacon ... or fruit pies, the earth town could have bugs (like, giant ones or something cool like that) or stone-baked items, the frozen town has snow cones and arctic game (rabbit, seal, etc), and the arcane town has (idk) pastas or specialty cheeses, the darkness town could do dried meat (because of the need to preserve it) and the fire town could do flambe or something? Just a thought.)

tab What kinda drink is "dragon slap"? (what's it closest to?)

tab What is "Dooreat" supposed to be? (is it a typo?)

tab Does light armor include leather armor?

tab What do "adventurers clothes" include/grant?

tab "Collection of books"? Could you use this to learn spells or gain a bonus to knowledge-based checks?

tab House prices are for Inns, right? (suggestion: Might be a good idea to charge more for an inn in the ice town because it's so cold and secluded there. Travelers may not have much of a choice but to stay at the Ice town inn unless they are willing to risk freezing to death.)

tab Will wagon rentals ever be a thing?

tab Is there a buy-back system where we can sell items to the shops?

Sorry for all the questions!

no that is why I toss out bags of holding so much

yeah, it is a fishing town mainly, that's why you can buy swimsuits there as well

again it is a WIP, and that would be a quest shop so not listed here

nope viability is fine, dark town was the best place in the world befor the war but everyone just hated them, but they have a democratic gov and the most advanced tec

16, because that is more fun

yes, that is why it is just meat because it is different everywhere

dragon slap is a rediculously powerful drink, one sip makes you feel like you got slaped by a dragon, that drunk, every round after drinking it you will cast a random spell that you know at a target the GM picks

dooreat is door eat it is a dorito bag basicly

yes

whatever looks cool(it is basicly your starting outfit unless said otherwise)

collection of book gives EXP overnight if you wanna read

the house prices are for actual strait up houses not inns(do need to add that)

maybe? bag of holding kinda makes that seem useless

right now I am thinking no, so no for the time being

it's fine most needed to be addressed at some point anyway  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:23 pm
Haru Yates

Nope as long as you can keep eating you keep getting bigger

Also I love the idea of there being a barbarian type character but instead of raging he just eats dirt and gets real big LOLOLOLOL  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

pocket knifes, a gun, lock-pick kits, other things probably

Those tools are for mugging, not stealth, lol. (Except the lock-pick. That's usually included in thieves tools. The question is whether or not the person knows how to use it, and how skilled they are at using it. yum_puddi )

Xa44
Haru Yates

like using a water breathing spell wouldn't be cheating LOL

I'll admit that it would be cheating in a competition, but what if you got attacked by one of these and it dragged you below the water's surface?:

User Image
(Yeah, I kept my favourite miiverse posts.)

Xa44
the idea is that the puddle goes into the dirt so nothing would be viable

The puddle may not go into the dirt if you can alter the consistency of the liquid. Like making it thicker, kinda like slime or something.

Xa44
yeah, it is a fishing town mainly, that's why you can buy swimsuits there as well

So Terran would probably know how to swim then. (He doesn't have to like it, though! I get the feeling he's not a big fan of swimming.)

Xa44
nope visbility is fine, dark town was the best place in the world befor the war but everyone just hated them, but they have a democratic gov and the most advanced tec

... So it's not so "secluded" then?

Xa44
16, because that is more fun

Well, at least Terran can legally carry around his bottle of wine. sweatdrop

Xa44
dragon slap is a rediculously powerful drink, one sip makes you feel like you got slaped by a dragon, that drunk, every round after drinking it you will cast a random spell that you know at a target the GM picks

So it's a recipie for a barfight. Sounds like fun!
Xa44
dooreat is door eat it is a dorito bag basicly

Ha! I get it. (So it's cheezed chips, eh?)

Xa44
collection of book gives EXP overnight if you wanna read

I see. Sounds useful. (I kinda think I like that.)

Xa44
the house prices are for actual strait up houses not inns(do need to add that)

You mean for owning a house???

Xa44
maybe? bag of holding kinda makes that seem useless

The wagon this is more for transporting people instead of having to walk. (Horse-drawn wagon might be useful for travelling to certain places. We don't need to use one, but it's nice to have the option in case we ever get enough gold to splurge on a luxury ride, lol.)

Xa44
it's fine most needed to be addressed at some point anyway

I figure that my asking questions makes you think, so I'm gonna keep asking stuff! (Because I feel like I need to know the world that my character is familiar with.)
Xa44
Haru Yates

A talk to animals thing could work but that effects is obtainable with lightning and also I like the idea of them not being able to talk really, that way bonding with a animals can be more impactful

I was thinking more along the lines or an animal familiar, a "pet" (not sure if that's the right word, but it's closest to what I mean); or a messenger animal that you can call upon to deliver letters and stuff like a carrier pigeon. (or an owl if you're a Harry Potter fan.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Most earth spells are based on that gimmick, that is why sit is a spell

Ah, so that's why it's called "sit".

Xa44
Haru Yates

Yes but way more extreme, that spell lets you do allusions and more advanced things

Way more extreme as in the pictures are more extreme than the spell, or the spell is more extreme than the pictures?
And which spell is which effect?

Also I'ma drill this into your head sooner or later, lol! It's illusion with an i. Allusion means something different. wink

Xa44
Haru Yates

Nope as long as you can keep eating you keep getting bigger

Also I love the idea of there being a barbarian type character but instead of raging he just eats dirt and gets real big LOLOLOLOL

OMG, make it a goblin barbarian! (Could you imagine?)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:35 am
Haru Yates

I'll admit that it would be cheating in a competition, but what if you got attacked by one of these and it dragged you below the water's surface?:

User Image

Just kill it
Haru Yates
The puddle may not go into the dirt if you can alter the consistency of the liquid. Like making it thicker, kinda like slime or something.

If you did that it would probably hurt

Haru Yates
... So it's not so "secluded" then?

No

Haru Yates

How old is he, 15?(probably still would let him drink because people don't care that much)

Haru Yates
You mean for owning a house???

Yep

Haru Yates
The wagon this is more for transporting people instead of having to walk. (Horse-drawn wagon might be useful for travelling to certain places. We don't need to use one, but it's nice to have the option in case we ever get enough gold to splurge on a luxury ride, lol.)

A horse would do the same a wagon wouldn't be needed(maybe have a different thing instead of horses, lizards?)

Haru Yates
I was thinking more along the lines or an animal familiar, a "pet" (not sure if that's the right word, but it's closest to what I mean); or a messenger animal that you can call upon to deliver letters and stuff like a carrier pigeon. (or an owl if you're a Harry Potter fan.)

You could still train birds

Haru Yates
Way more extreme as in the pictures are more extreme than the spell, or the spell is more extreme than the pictures?

The first would be shade and even that is a stretch, the other you can do basically anything, even have a floating Shadow  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

User Image

Just kill it

Easier said than done if you'r grappled and panicking. (I can't see my shadows as being all that useful here unless they can cause madness and make it trash about, which could do more damage to me while I'm grappled... I suppose that shadow darts or whatever we call them might hurt it, but can I hold my breath long enough to get free? cat_confused )
Xa44
Haru Yates

If you did that it would probably hurt

How? Water has no bones or nerves?

Xa44
Haru Yates

How old is he, 15?(probably still would let him drink because people don't care that much)

I was on the fence over whether or not he should be 15 or 16, but ended up settling on 16. (I imagined him as being a lot more angsty at age 15 and a lot more short tempered. Making him 16 gives him an opportunity to be more mature and level-headed, which is something I really did want him to be. Although he still has a bit of a short fuse when he's in a bad mood, especially when it comes to his mother. [He often doesn't respond to insults made about him because he's used to that and doesn't care much (although even that has a limit), but the moment you insult Yulia, something usually snaps.])

Xa44
Haru Yates

A horse would do the same a wagon wouldn't be needed(maybe have a different thing instead of horses, lizards?)

"Ride ze shoopuf?"

Xa44
Haru Yates

The first would be shade and even that is a stretch, the other you can do basically anything, even have a floating Shadow

A stretch how? too much movement?
[Another spell idea would be something similar in that a fire mage could create images/objects out of smoke to tell stories and send smoke signals. Is that covered under the "Flame" spell.]

So could you, say, create/conjure a shadow-doppelganger of sorts with conjure shadow? (Like an anti-Sora [kingdom Hearts1] in a sense? Or could that be a different spell?)
Or what can I do with Conjure shadow? (like, what can a floating shadow do?)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games