Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:31 am
Ohhmaru-Concoo-Tanoweichi
I have brought this very topic up in the past but we based all changes and add-on's to the guild by a majority vote and as its not been something more then myself and now you have spoke up nor a major concern or interest yet. We've let the topic lay until further notice or at least until more members wish to see the idea implemented. However please understand an idea such as this would require a good deal of time and effort to be devoted to it. Personal locations would need to be tagged with information such as where its located, How to enter/exit to or from it, Wild pokemon if they would be allowed and more.

If it becomes enough of an asked for topic then the crew can and will bring it up to a discussion. For now most members act as though while in the designated location that a home or such is at they are actually in said home.

Why don't you guys put up a poll and if it passes, then leave all the work to us members? The threads will belong to our characters, after all, so it would be extremely unfair to you, the mods, to do the work. The most you mods will have to do is tag the links in the proper main threads, but that's not really that hard....I do more edits to my role play posts that turn out tk be more work than that, so....  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:48 am
Sythril Vythethi
It can even be used to house the HQ places for groups like Flare and Royale.

I have a request, stop making tiny fonted things, if you don't want anyone else to see them then PM O-C-T themself. You're not the only person to do it just the most recent so not targeting you or anything Sythril  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:01 am
Shadow - Dragon
I have a request, stop making tiny fonted things, if you don't want anyone else to see them then PM O-C-T themself. You're not the only person to do it just the most recent so not targeting you or anything Sythril

...If you don't want to go through the trouble of quoting, copy/paste, or however you enlarge the text, then don't. It's called the whispering effect, like when you go, "Psst. Hey." to someone. If I didn't want anyone to see it, I wouldn't have put it in the first place.

Also, why would I PM a mod (I wasn't addressing Ohhmaru directly) when clearly it's an idea that involves everyone? You're not required to read this thread, you know. I will post how I like, so....Deal with it. I happen to like putting small text every once in awhile for the heck of it. Makes me feel like I'm telling a secret.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 am
Sythril Vythethi
Shadow - Dragon

...If you don't want to go through the trouble of quoting, copy/paste, or however you enlarge the text, then don't. It's called the whispering effect, like when you go, "Psst. Hey." to someone. If I didn't want anyone to see it, I wouldn't have put it in the first place.

Also, why would I PM a mod (I wasn't addressing Ohhmaru directly) when clearly it's an idea that involves everyone? You're not required to read this thread, you know. I will post how I like, so....Deal with it. I happen to like putting small text every once in awhile for the heck of it. Makes me feel like I'm telling a secret.

-sigh- wasn't trying to start anything, sorry.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

That Taisho Guy

Daring Guildsman

6,875 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 am
Shadow - Dragon
-sigh- wasn't trying to start anything, sorry.

I know you weren't. I just happen to get incredibly irked when someone says things like that. It's irritating.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am
CLCyrus

Why don't you guys put up a poll and if it passes, then leave all the work to us members? The threads will belong to our characters, after all, so it would be extremely unfair to you, the mods, to do the work. The most you mods will have to do is tag the links in the proper main threads, but that's not really that hard....I do more edits to my role play posts that turn out tk be more work than that, so....

Sythril Vythethi
I have a question....This more out of "I feel really bad" rather than "I think this should be a feature". But, I still think it'd be interesting to have.

See, I've been in a few mass role play guilds like this, and there's always been a thread dedicated to character houses. Now, I know it sounds ridiculous since characters generally live in named cities and we can just role play them at their homes when we get to the appropriate town. But, then I read Avonlea's and Mitsu's profiles and....They don't have accessible homes. Avonlea's home is a house she built hidden near the sea line of Kalos and Mitsu's tribe is nomadic but never actually enter any towns or cities to stay because....Well, I'm assuming it's a housing issue. And, I feel really bad about that because almost everyone they meet can go home at will, but they can't because their homes don't exist on the maps. I also think it would be a lot easier to role play in a thread dedicated solely to a character's home rather than in the town thread because sometimes people disappear for weeks and threads can fill up in that time due to others traveling and it's a real pain to flip through twenty pages to find your group's last post and....Some people just can't be bothered with it.

So....Would a housing forum be something that can be considered as an addition in the future? I'd actually love for Ezra and/or Ophelia to visit the Umkhaya Wedwa camp because it sounds like outsiders are welcome to visit from how things are worded in Mitsu's profile. Plus, Avonlea is Ezra's buddy, so visiting her place is something that may happen in the future sometime. If there are other characters who don't have specified or mapped homes, I'm sure they'd enjoy having access to them, too, for plot purposes at the least. It can even be used to house the HQ places for groups like Flare and Royale.

Okay! First of all, I would like to apologize for not getting to this yesterday. I do like this idea a lot, particularly since it would allow for more creativity in homelands and the like. It would actually be very easy to just modify this secret base subforum to be the hub for "character lodging", or secret bases for the RPer created villain teams.

This would be a feature that we wouldn't need to put up a poll for because it does not change any of the rules we have set in place, and it's a fairly quick change. I can add in a quick rules and guidelines reference for any character housing and then you all can go for it. I'll let you know when it's done c:  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:03 pm
I have a quick couple of questions. o3o

1) In the Secret Base/lodging section of the pokemon subforms, is it possible to raise friendship levels there? I kind of see it as a place where a character could utilize the space for some quiet, quality time with their pokemon. I noticed that they got the 1 xp for the posts, but there was nothing mentioned on the friendship points, so I was curious.

2) As far as learning moves and leveling is concerned, are we using the X/Y leveling up move system or the Omega Red/ Alpha Sapphire version? Looking at my go-to pokemon information place of Serebii.net, there are a few pokemon who have different skillsets and times that they learn them (Ralts is a good example of this, in X/Y He learns teleport at lvl 12 but in Ruby/Sapphire Ralts learns various moves quicker and even some moves that he doesn't learn in X/Y -Disarming voice and Draining kiss come to mind) So, I was just curious about that, seeing as Ralts is my starter pokemon. razz  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 pm
Razsminion
I have a quick couple of questions. o3o

1) In the Secret Base/lodging section of the pokemon subforms, is it possible to raise friendship levels there? I kind of see it as a place where a character could utilize the space for some quiet, quality time with their pokemon. I noticed that they got the 1 xp for the posts, but there was nothing mentioned on the friendship points, so I was curious.

2) As far as learning moves and leveling is concerned, are we using the X/Y leveling up move system or the Omega Red/ Alpha Sapphire version? Looking at my go-to pokemon information place of Serebii.net, there are a few pokemon who have different skillsets and times that they learn them (Ralts is a good example of this, in X/Y He learns teleport at lvl 12 but in Ruby/Sapphire Ralts learns various moves quicker and even some moves that he doesn't learn in X/Y -Disarming voice and Draining kiss come to mind) So, I was just curious about that, seeing as Ralts is my starter pokemon. razz

For the secret base/lodging section, we haven't... really got it up >w> It's just now being implemented, so I can't say for sure. That being said, I would assume it likely will be the case, since that's consistent with the purpose of it, and you'll be able to post for most things like that. I'll give you an official ruling when I can biggrin

For the moves, though, the most recent is what we're using-- so ORAS : >  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Albino - Cedric

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 pm
Does Aquacorde have that healer person the games have? Or, does Theo have to go to Santalune City to have his Pokémon treated?

Also, where is everyone finding trainer sprites that they want edited? You all must be internet wizards or something 'cause I can't find any sprite bases that aren't cluttered into one image or female. eek  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 pm
Albino - Cedric
Does Aquacorde have that healer person the games have? Or, does Theo have to go to Santalune City to have his Pokémon treated?

Also, where is everyone finding trainer sprites that they want edited? You all must be internet wizards or something 'cause I can't find any sprite bases that aren't cluttered into one image or female. eek
Try this

serebii.net or bulbapedia also have them.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Albino - Cedric

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:20 am
Try this

serebii.net or bulbapedia also have them.

Too bad I can't navigate those sites....Do you have a link to any pages that don't have animated sprites? Or, an answer to my first question at least?  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:06 am
Albino - Cedric

Yes, you can heal your pokemon in Aquacorde, just like in the games. It obviously isn't your typical pokemon center, but you still get the benefits.

o 3o as for the trainer sprite thing, I'm sure Spectral knows of a good place to look.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Albino - Cedric

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:36 am
You know, I always feel like a nuisance when I use these sort of threads repeatedly, but....That's what they're here for. So, might as well go all out!

So, the ability Pickup. Does that mean items that require 10 posts originally are instant finds? And, what exactly does it mean by "Does not stack"?

I did have more questions, but....I seem to have had a brain blerp and can't remember. So, when I do, I'll ask.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:49 am
Albino - Cedric
You know, I always feel like a nuisance when I use these sort of threads repeatedly, but....That's what they're here for. So, might as well go all out!

So, the ability Pickup. Does that mean items that require 10 posts originally are instant finds? And, what exactly does it mean by "Does not stack"?

I did have more questions, but....I seem to have had a brain blerp and can't remember. So, when I do, I'll ask.

I believe that pickup doesn't effect items that require 10 posts to get. I'll need to confirm this with the other mods though.

"Does not stack" means you can't have multiple pokemon in your party with the ability pickup and have additional 10 posts taken off what you have to post. So, if you had 2 pickup ability-ed pokemon in your party, you would only be able to take 10 posts off of, say, getting a quick claw.

and yes, this is what this thread is for, so go on ahead with the questions. :3  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:58 pm
Albino - Cedric

Don't feel that way! We love questions c:

Vigilia is correct though, the "does not stack" refers to the fact that multiple pokemon with pickup put in the active party does not allow characters to reduce item post counters by an additional -10 posts, and pickup will not effect items that already have a base requirement of 10 posts. This was discussed before and I forgot to clarify that in the abilities >~>;; I'll reword all of that better now, since the "does not stack" is a bit vague.

Thank you! See this is why we love questions, helps us fix things since the guild is still sort of in the "beta testing" phase.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games