Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:17 am
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, мαч ④тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②0⑧
( ⑥ мσитнs, ②⑦ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:26 am
User Image

xxxx❄ ♚ Cassandra Ice ♚ ❄xxxx
xxxxThe Ice Huntressxxxx

”The last thing you'll feel before you breathe your last is my cold kiss...”

Residence: 1506 Lumiere Housing DistrictOccupation: Huntress / Flutist / Pezzle's Potions Sales Associate

▂▂ ⊴ ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± ⊵ ▂▂

Initially, Cassandra wasn't planning to stay long at this library anyway, since she was just there to research more about the plants that were typically utilized for concoctions and poisons. Though her cousins have the private libraries in their manors, the references were limited, and it wouldn't hurt to extend to other sources aside from what's available through those libraries, as well as via the internet. A few books wouldn't hurt to bring along before she would head to Pezzle's for her shift; that would be something worth wasting time for aside from having to watch over the wares in order to appease potential new customers who were craving for otherworldly answers to solve problems. It was a shame that people would still realize that it wouldn't be a good idea to cross some lines that were best left uncharted.

Once she picked up the books, she would then head over to the desk so that she would granted the consent to borrow. It was a shame that the rain was still apparent outside; she had called a cab for the lift to the library and she would end up utilizing the service again to head back to Pezzle's for her job.

Mood: busy
Company: no one but herself
Money: $81.00 (Wallet) ; $800.00 (Bank Account)
OOC:

iamWanderlust626

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Can I truly be loved?

xxxThere's so much that I feel

xxxxxxBut I don't know what is real

xxxxxxxxxAll these voices in my head

xxxxxxxxxxxxAll these secrets that I dread

status: single ; company: none ; feelings: Oh my... ; wallet: $22 ; bank: $940
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> xxxxxOnce she had stepped foot out of the cab in front of the Soleil Library, Juliana tucked her burlap satchel up tightly against her bosom in attempt to keep it from getting wet as the rain continued to come down from the sky. Slowly she raised her eyes to the face of the building, and a tiny smile spread across her lips at the thrill of knowledge that she was about to be surrounded by one of the best scents in the world - leather bindings, and old pages.

> xxxxxAfter having paid the driver, Julie headed through the doors and inhaled deeply. Her hair was dusted with droplets that caused her bangs to stick to her forehead, and as she let her satchel rest at her hip she made sure to run her fingers through her hair in hopes of making herself more presentable. 'Oh, please,' she thought with a tone of distaste that briefly flashed across her brow before disappearing. 'This is a library, Julie. Not a blind date.' Though, if she was honest with herself, any time spent with a good book as a good date in her mind.

> xxxxx'Okay, history, history, historyyy,' she repeated in her head, her feet carrying her along the isles in search of the genre block that she was searching for. She hadn't really had time to explore the library, just yet, as she didn't really enjoy the idea of paying for a cab to go across town.

> xxxxxActually that was just what she told herself, so that she wouldn't blow her money away via travel three times a week.

> xxxxx'I wonder if they have training books for things like--' Quickly her mind silenced before finishing the thought, and Julie swung her head around in hopes that no one might be staring at her before she rounded a wooden panel to step into the isle of training books. 'If I checked one of those out, I'd probably have to explain myself. Just a history nerd, right?'.But no, she was so much more than that. Her eyes scanned the lines and lines of books as she tried to locate anything that might have dealt with her particular conundrum.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

Out of Crayons:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:24 pm
User Image

xxxxThe Ice Huntressxxxx

Residence: 1506 Lumiere Housing DistrictOccupation: Huntress / Flutist / Pezzle's Potions Sales Associate

Cassandra was told that the checking would take around a minute or two, the librarian inspecting for the cards that would be laden with proofs that someone had borrowed them, the names and signatures scribbled in black ink. Turned out that one of the books had the card that was already full and the hard paper had to be replaced with a new one, the employee rewriting the crucial details of the book but leaving the lost blank. While waiting, the ice mage spotted a woman browsing around; based on the satchel the other was holding, she must be a wanderer, except if that stranger did have one of the houses in one of the districts. And while she was waiting, one of the assistants of the librarian came by to help on the newcomer, all while Cassie was told that she could now put her name and signature on the cards for the borrowing consent to be granted. Immediately, the potion sales associate picked up the pen and began to jot down the necessary information.

Once she was done, her eyes took in the sight of the two people, the assistant doing their best in helping out the other woman. But the librarian called her out, saying that she needed to surrender a valid ID as another proof, and she fished out her wallet from her bag, pulling out her postal ID from the leather-bound confinement so that the lady would inspect the card thoroughly.

Mood: busy, also curious
Company: everyone in the library
OOC:

iamWanderlust626

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 pm
Can I truly be loved?

status: single ; company: a library assistant, a girl with snow-white hair ; feelings: I just wanted a book ; wallet: $22 ; bank: $940

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> xxxxxWhen the assistant had wandered over to where she was perusing, Julie felt herself get a little red in the ears out of embarrassment for looking at a book entitled Controlling a Mind of Emotion. From what little she had been able to read, it seemed to be a book to help guide those who struggled with empathy manage said empathy while out in society. It seemed like an interesting read, so as she turned to answered the assistant's inquiry of if she needed help with anything, Julie tucked the small book under her arm to check out once she had found what she had truly been looking for.

> xxxxx"O-oh.. U-uhm..." It was always like this. No matter what sort of person they seemed, Julie always stuttered from nerves upon meeting them. She'd made more friends in books than she ever had in people, so she had never developed a good set of social skills to use for even basic conversation. "I-I was wondering.. if you might have a certain.. history book..? I'd been looking for weeks, before I came to town, and I... can't say I've found it for purchase. So... maybe I can borrow it from here..?" Bookworm's had let her down, in that it had had plenty of philosophical works for her to come back for - but no history, that she had seen.

> xxxxxThankfully the assistant showed her a very kind smile that reached into her eyes, and Julie found herself feeling just a tad more relaxed. With just a few words to follow, she was guided up one of the flights of stairs to a section that was primarily history - ranging into every timeline that Julie could possibly imagine. 'How the heck do they get this stuff?' Her inner child was happier than it had felt in a very long time. "Oh, thank you!" she all but whispered in her excitement, her feet carrying her between the rows of shelves and books as her heart pounded and her eyes scanned every title she passed. And it wasn't long, after weeks of searching, she finally found the title she had been looking for. Had she not been in a library, she would have screamed in her ecstasy.

> xxxxx"There it is, right there!" she said, not loudly, but full of the loud emotions moving throughout her little body. It was too tall for her to reach, so the assistant pulled a ladder over with a small laugh before climbing up to grab the book for Julie. The girl's hands literally itched as she waited for the leather-bound book to come into reach of her arms, and once she held it in her hands she actually had to swallow a wave of emotion building up from her chest to her throat. How many people had that sort of reaction to finding a book? She had no idea, and in this moment she hadn't a care. "Thank you so much," she said to the woman, not sure if that was who she was thanking or the library itself. Regardless when the assistant asked if she needed anything else, Julie shook her head vigorously and said that she was ready to check out.

> xxxxxOnce she was back downstairs Julie went right to the checkout station, where she saw a young woman with the whitest hair she had ever witnessed finishing up her own check-out. She did her best not to stare at the snowy locks, and lowered her eyes as she awaited help as she curled a piece of her own hair behind her ear silently and clutched her two books to her chest.

> xxxxx'It's even whiter than those people that strip color from their hair. Could that really be real..?'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

Out of Crayons:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm
User Image

xxxxThe Ice Huntressxxxx

The inspection took several seconds, the librarian's bespectacled face checking for the legitimacy of the card, and Cassandra was given a nod and some advice, meaning the borrowing consent was granted. But as she was about to leave however, the brunette inspected her looks, more specifically her hair, and the ice mage giggled in delight. She liked it when she was much of a show-stopper because of her looks. "What's the matter, mademoiselle? Liking my hair? That's what happens when I'm blessed with such good looks." Indeed, being born as part of the Ice family surely have benefits, and pulchritude is just one of them. Though all of family members would be wounded because of the battles they had endured, the captivating aura and the fierceness were nonetheless still apparent.

That one aside, her postal ID would expire in almost half a year; she may have to travel back to France soon to have it renewed. It would depend on the situation, however, since anything could happen.

Company: everyone in the library
OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Will it be okay if there would be something bad going on later for them? It's a minor one, however.

iamWanderlust626

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:01 pm
Can I truly be loved?

status: single ; company: a girl with snow-white hair ; feelings: crap, crap, crap..! ; wallet: $22 ; bank: $940

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> xxxxxAs soon as the girl with the white hair spoke in her direction, Julie felt her face redden and inwardly screamed for permission to hide under a rock. 's**t!' Quickly she glanced to the woman's eyes in attempt to not seem rude; it was improper to not look someone in the eye, when they spoke to you, so her parents had said. Though, especially these days, Julie had a very hard time doing such a thing. Once the brilliant blues had her attention, the brunette sharply looked down once more with a short and nervous laugh. "S.. Sorry," she stuttered out as she shifted from foot to foot. "I-I've just... n-never seen real.. I-I mean, really real, hair like that, before... Is it..?"

> xxxxx'Well damn, Jules. Way to sound like a fidiot to a stranger...'

> xxxxxThankfully distraction was offered in the form of a person having come over to help her check out, and Julie welcomed it. She always felt so strange when she spoke to people. She didn't even really know why, other than perhaps her empathic senses. Though perhaps the confident energy of this particular person was reason enough, considering how reserved Julie was herself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

Out of Crayons: Err, sure! Wanna let me know what you had in mind? c:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 am
User Image

xxxxThe Ice Huntressxxxx

Cassandra smiled as she returned the ID into her wallet, keeping the card safe in its compartment once again before stashing into her bag. The books came next, having to make sure that all of them would be fit inside. "Well, it all depends in the genes, and some can be just... unique. I'm sure that yours is not that bad as well." That was one aside, she should definitely get going, though she wouldn't mind letting the other tag along in case they would end up traveling in the similar location. "We should definitely share a cab ride together if that's okay with you," she added, and without letting the other protest, the ice mage left the library, having to bring her coat and umbrella along before exiting through the door. Since the rain was still present, she had to open up the umbrella on her way out.

The rain splattered from the sky, and Cassandra looked up, gray clouds being the obvious indication. Sadly, she had no time for such day dreams; she ended up calling a cab and she took the back seat, but not without letting the other hop in so that the newcomer would get her share of the protection from the weeping skies above. "May I ask what's your name?" she questioned as the cab drove off, with the fair-haired maiden requesting that Cerise would be the destination.

-- Exit --

Company: everyone in the library -> kust the stranger
OOC:

iamWanderlust626

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm
Can I truly be loved?

status: single ; company: a girl with snow-white hair ; feelings: where're we going..? ; wallet: $22 ; bank: $940

✿✿✿xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> xxxxxJulie took the woman's word to mean that yes, it was indeed her own biological hair growing out of her head. It caused the brunet's cheeks to flush and her brows to furrow - or perhaps it was the words which followed, which stated that perhaps her genes "weren't so bad" either. It was a curious thing to have heard, and not something that Julie had ever heard before in reference to anyone. But, alas she had to let the words go as she was granted her check-out of her two books and put them into her bag. The woman with white hair, after all, had thrown another odd statement her way that brought a flush to her face once more.

> xxxxx"Sh-share a.. c-cab...?" But before Julie could answer, the woman was gone toward the door. It took a moment for Julie to register in her mind that she hadn't been able to disapprove of sharing a ride, about as long as it took her to realise that she had absolutely no idea where this woman was headed. It couldn't have been anywhere Julie knew; Julie seemed to be a bit closer to the poor side than the woman she somewhat reluctantly now shared a taxi with.

> xxxxx'Cerise..?' the brunet thought to herself, her brows furrowed as she tucked her satchel now full from her books up tightly against her bosom. She wanted to ask what sort of place this was that they were headed to, but instead she was cut off by a new question from the girl with white hair.

> xxxxx"M.. My name is Juliana."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx✿✿✿

Out of Crayons:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Exit Scene.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 am
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, мαч ⑤тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ②0⑨
( ⑥ мσитнs, ②⑧ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:54 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick did a short version of his morning exercise. Once the rest of his morning routine is done, he geared up for the rain and has Hiro all snuggled up in his jacket. Opened up his umbrella after the exiting the house and locked the front door. Wasn't too long of a trip to the library and spend time there. Picked out some picture books that he was sure Hiro will like and spent the rest of the afternoon at the back of the library showing them to the kitten. [exit]
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Soleil Library.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ: relaxing.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $591.60. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:his kitten, Hiro .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:13 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, мαч ②⑥тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ②③0
( ⑦ мσитнs, ⑱ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1304 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The meal that he shared with Night yesterday was worthwhile, but once again, the next meeting would wait till another time. Right now, Benjamin was currently in the library to return all the books that he had borrowed, with most of them about hairstyles and formal outfits back in the days of Renaissance era. It took him a bicycle ride to get there, though he had to wear a raincoat to keep himself mostly dry. He enjoyed the feeling of water against his bare hands and face, occasionally looking up at the sky to savor the sensation of the cool drops on his skin. But he still had to obey the rules of the road, so he had only done that once for today, at least for this morning.

He had taken off his coat before venturing further into the library, with his bag in tow. After setting the coat on the rack beside the umbrella station to let it dry, the half-demon conversed with the librarian in charge, showing her the books to be returned. His ID card from England had been the proof of identification, and now, he had taken that back. After slipping the ID into his wallet, which he stashed back into his bag, he left for one of the shelves.

Right now, he was in the mood to check out the Bristish cuisine, more specifically the desserts. Benjamin wanted to try more than just the usual shortbread cookies that were the accompaniment for tea.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: occupied
Company: mostly himself
Money: $107.60 (Wallet); $1300.00 (Bank)
OOC:

Dark Lord Everfear

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image

User Image

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Company:】--【Outfit:】Rainy Library Visit【Funds:】$936.75

┏━━━💔━━┫💀┣━━💔━━━┓

Ozwald sighed and pulled his hood down as he stepped into the library. He was getting close to the end of one of his books and because he was so into it, he really wanted the next book in the series. To that end, he figured that checking out the library would be a good idea. Plus according to the librarian at the front desk, he could check out a lot of books. So to a semi shut in like himself, that would be really great. He looked around in awe, not really expecting the place to be so big. It'd be easily to spend lots of time among the floors and shelves. For now though, the dark male had a goal in mind, so he quickly set out to find the fantasy section. His tired eyes slowly scanned the shelf, every so often reaching out to grab a book. Absentmindedly he softly hummed a soft he had heard on the radio once. Though he wasn't really big into music, there was no way he'd be able to name any one singer or band, he did like to occasionally listen to it. Softer, calmer sounding songs really helped him to sleep when his body eventually crashed after spending days awake. He zoned out for a second, which caused him to drop the book in his hand. A soft curse escaped his lips as he quickly dropped to the ground to pick it up.

┗━━💔━━━┫💀┣━━━💔━━┛

【Items:】Backpack 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Calm 【Profile:】See Here

【OOC:】

princess syub

Quote:

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

Dark Lord Everfear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

Leon had enjoyed his date with Cassandra the day before very much. They'd gone to a store and picked up some sandwiches and fresh fruit, then had themselves a little picnic at the park. They'd gone for a walk through the park and did some window-shopping around the town. Afterwards, they had headed to the bar for karaoke. He had fun, although he swore he'd made everyone's ears bleed with his awful, out-of-tune rendition of Take me Home, Country Roads. All in all, they had fun together, and looked forward to seeing each other again.

Leon awoke to find that it was a rainy day, and the sky was overcast with thick grey clouds. Some would find this gloomy or depressing, but Leon didn't mind - he enjoyed this weather! He always found walking in the rain to be refreshing and invigorating.

Sitting up and checking his phone, Leon decided to send a text to Cassandra. Good morning, Cassie! Yesterday was so much fun! Let me know when you want to hang out again... I think I'll be heading to the library this morning. He got dressed and took Molly out for her morning walk... When he returned home, he fixed himself a quick breakfast of a soy yogurt, granola, and fruit. He then got into his car, heading for the library.

From the time he was a small child, the library had been his favorite place in Soleil. It is where he had discovered his love of books, and where he'd found the inspiration to become a writer. He'd checked out some books a week ago, and now he intended to return them and check out some new ones. Before stepping into the library, he deposited his books in the book drop - A book on the Doukhobors, and one on late 19th and early 20th century Russian history; he had checked out these books to do research for fleshing out the background of one of his characters, a vampire named Ivan. One of the other books was on Gypsy folklore, and there was also a fiction - Talon of the Silver Hawk by Raymond E. Feist. He'd picked up this book and became so enthralled with it that he couldn't put it down... He ended up reading it in a single night. It was definitely one of Feist's better works, and he looked forward to reading the sequel.

As Leon walked into the library, he made his way through the "H" section of the fiction department. He was glad to see that there were several copies of his books on the shelves here - being one of the most well-known authors from Soleil, he was a bit of a local legend here in town, his books were popular.

Now that Leon had returned his books, he was looking to checking out a few more. He wanted to invite Cassandra over to his home and cook dinner for her sometime... so he headed towards the nonfiction books, looking through the section that dealt with cuisine and culinary arts. He enjoyed cooking every now and then, and finding ways to make versions of well-known dishes without meat. Since he didn't eat meat, he was planning on perhaps fixing up a nice, fancy vegan dinner for both of them - one that would impress her, then inviting her over and surprising her with it.

Upon arriving at the desired section of the library, Leon found that he wasn't alone. There was a young man with blond hair and blue eyes there, looking at the books on British cuisine. "Hello!" said Leon kindly, smiling warmly at him. "Are you looking for anything in particular?" he asked, hoping to strike up a conversation with this man.

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games