Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 pm
Lagorama
c: Hello my fellow gaians and thank you, xx I met my fate xx, for the invite

You may call me what you please >u < !!

I'm a little sad at what has become of gaia, if it really thinks itself a company, it is doing a poor job of being one. I know very little about economic and finance, but I have some knowledge of management and they really need to get their act together and at least hire an economist.

It's sad that the games people have invested in just die, it's sad that as soon as they release a goldsink, they negate it with more 'cash for gold' type schemes.

This throwing cash everywhere, tempting people with offers that inflate the marketplace and appealing to our greed, sounds to me like a quick fix. Gaia calls itself a company, but I call bullshit, a company can't thrive without business and it can't thrive without listening to customers.

I can honestly say that the pop-up was the last straw, ever heard of reverse psychology? It is a turn off, it is going to do the opposite of encouraging me to buy cash. Put it this way: let's say a salesman starts following you around going "buy this, buy this, it's only $$$!!", how would you feel? Well a normal person would call it harassment and call for a restraining order

Verge Concierge Service: by god, are you serious? It isn't even clear on the prices, what they'll be asking from you, how it will be done. So much fail it hurts.
Hi, great to have you with us!

They actually did have an economist at one time, he was let go when they started cutting staff a while back. It's a real shame too, he did an excellent job while he was with us.

On a lighter note, we're happy to have you as a part of our fast-growing guild, so make yourself at home!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 pm
Kaiserin Kai
Hello, I'm Kaiserin Kai~

I have been a part of this site since 2005 and it makes me truly sad to see what has been happening in recent times. I understand Gaia needs money to run but this is just too much!

I was directed here from the thread "If people are really angry at gaia, we should have a gaia..." in the GCD (Would post a link but bb code is down) which has some really good ideas.

Lets all work together to make this site a better place!
Welcome! I'm so excited to see all the new members today, I hope you'll enjoy spending time with the guild, we have a few great ideas of our own, and hopefully we can get enough moment to really have an impact.

I see you've already gotten "The Look"! wink  

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm
Usaki Tsukino
Hiya~ ^_^

I haven't ever joined one of those forum-guilds before, I actually got an achievement for it right now, too bad I already stands with one foot outside the door since I'm allready looking for another community to join -_-
We're glad to have you with us, and hopefully you won't leave Gaia just yet.

I know things look kinda bleak, but I truly believe that with enough support we can really make a difference.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 pm
frozen_water
Cameron Valimere
Greetings fellow Gaians,

I've only just heard about this "little" group of yours, and I'm quite impressed with its numbers. Did my part by white-listing the ads, even earned free GC by watching videos and filling out surveys and the like. Only when something in the cash shop was released that I actually wanted, mostly preferring to wait out the MP waves, until something I wanted was cheap enough for me to afford.
But to watch our beloved e-home slowly decay, to sit back and watch as the one at the helm of our sacred homepage tears it asunder, is something not even I can tolerate anymore.
While I'd love to donate gold, its not so easy for me to get as for most, I do a bit now and then, got a few million gold. But its hard earned, most of my items are donated or anon gifted or were even saved up for in my three years on the site like Dante's Divine Verdict and Hidden Ace.
But I wish to help anyway.
I have a decent collection of Alchemy formulas and components, that I will sell to any member of this guild for half the MP price, at the time those items are requested. The Math wizards of this guild may even factor in the 2% goldsink from the MP if they like.
I will also stop bringing in new members as a form of protest, activate my adblock extension, and offer my services as a wordsmith to any formal message/PM/e-mail that will aid our cause. I have attached my signature containing a link to a Petition I had once put hope into, as an example of my writing. Feel free to sign it if you like, though I doubt its goal will ever be realized.
I look forward to doing the best I can to aid our cause!

Until next time!

Cameron V.
It's great to see such enthusiasm! We're so glad to have you here, and can't wait to see what you'll bring to our guild! c:

Not sure I'll be able to do much, but I'd rather look back and say I actually did something when my comrades had need of me. ^_^  

Cameron Valimere

Invisible Knight

15,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Invisibility 100

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 pm
Seer Alywin
Name is Alywin. This guild has my full support!
(and no, I didn't spend GC to buy Fafnir. I bought him with gold ONE WEEK before they added him into Verge. Glad, though. No need to waste cash)
Welcome! Glad to know we have your support, if we want to make some changes we're gonna need it!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 pm
IdiosyncraticEnigmatic
Hey Hey, my names Iggy (or Jess) depending on what you feel like calling me. I've been on gaia since I was 16, I'm now 23. This is my second account.

I used to love gaia this was my home away from home but quite frankly right now I'm pissed with all the changes and the fact that gaia is ignoring it users wants. So yeah that's why I'm here.
I've been around since '03 so I've definitely felt those same changes myself.

I really care a lot about this place, and it's clear you do to. This guild has really helped me find something to care about on the site again, and even with all the disappointments lately it's helped me refocus my energy in a productive way, hopefully it can provide the same service to you.  

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm
Cameron Valimere
frozen_water
Cameron Valimere
Greetings fellow Gaians,

I've only just heard about this "little" group of yours, and I'm quite impressed with its numbers. Did my part by white-listing the ads, even earned free GC by watching videos and filling out surveys and the like. Only when something in the cash shop was released that I actually wanted, mostly preferring to wait out the MP waves, until something I wanted was cheap enough for me to afford.
But to watch our beloved e-home slowly decay, to sit back and watch as the one at the helm of our sacred homepage tears it asunder, is something not even I can tolerate anymore.
While I'd love to donate gold, its not so easy for me to get as for most, I do a bit now and then, got a few million gold. But its hard earned, most of my items are donated or anon gifted or were even saved up for in my three years on the site like Dante's Divine Verdict and Hidden Ace.
But I wish to help anyway.
I have a decent collection of Alchemy formulas and components, that I will sell to any member of this guild for half the MP price, at the time those items are requested. The Math wizards of this guild may even factor in the 2% goldsink from the MP if they like.
I will also stop bringing in new members as a form of protest, activate my adblock extension, and offer my services as a wordsmith to any formal message/PM/e-mail that will aid our cause. I have attached my signature containing a link to a Petition I had once put hope into, as an example of my writing. Feel free to sign it if you like, though I doubt its goal will ever be realized.
I look forward to doing the best I can to aid our cause!

Until next time!

Cameron V.
It's great to see such enthusiasm! We're so glad to have you here, and can't wait to see what you'll bring to our guild! c:

Not sure I'll be able to do much, but I'd rather look back and say I actually did something when my comrades had need of me. ^_^
I always feel the same way! I don't know how much help I really am in a lot of cases, but I feel that I have to at least try to do something. It's really great to see people who feel the same way.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:17 pm
frozen_water
I always feel the same way! I don't know how much help I really am in a lot of cases, but I feel that I have to at least try to do something. It's really great to see people who feel the same way.

Agreed! Its nice to see so many people that are not only tired of this decline to our home, but willing to work toward a peaceful end to the trouble. I don't think I'd have joined at all, if there wasn't such emphasis on the fact we're not planning to murder anyone. xD  

Cameron Valimere

Invisible Knight

15,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Invisibility 100

Cein Suki

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 pm
Erm.. I'm a veteran gaian... I joined gaia to get away from greedy, selfish and mean people...
I hope that we can work for a Better Gaia~

-bows-  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm
Cein Suki
Erm.. I'm a veteran gaian... I joined gaia to get away from greedy, selfish and mean people...

-bows-

Pleased to see you on board.  

Javier Cross

Cein Suki

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:29 pm
Javier Cross
Cein Suki

-bows-

Pleased to see you on board.

Thank you :3 I watched gaia go to hell... it made me sad.
My husband stopped getting on gaia because of this absurd increase in prices...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm
Hey there,
I saw this in someone's signature and decided that joining was the thing to do.
Gaia really needs to stop this crazy business.  

Angelic Reprobate

Demonic Human

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 pm
Angelic Reprobate
Hey there,
I saw this in someone's signature and decided that joining was the thing to do.
Gaia really needs to stop this crazy business.

Pleasure to have you on board.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm
Hello! I'm Alpaca With A mustache. You can call me Alpaca. I used to buy gcash all the time but the minute the mp prices went berserk and then the pop up ads happened I was done. I do not wish to be a walking wallet for gaia. Without users they will have nothing. They should be aware of that and if they keep this up it will end ultimately with a gaia gravestone.  

Alpaca With A Mustache

Wheezing Trash

18,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm
Alpaca With A Mustache
Hello! I'm Alpaca With A mustache. You can call me Alpaca. I used to buy gcash all the time but the minute the mp prices went berserk and then the pop up ads happened I was done. I do not wish to be a walking wallet for gaia. Without users they will have nothing. They should be aware of that and if they keep this up it will end ultimately with a gaia gravestone.

Pleased to meet you, AWAM.
You ride on an actual Alpaca, by chance?  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games