Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Lady Courtney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:45 pm
I think over the summer any teacher with available time should set "practice lessons" as I called mine. Just lessons to keep people here without making it too much pressure. Opinions?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:21 pm
That's sort of like what I suggested in the Summer Term Poll Thread.

Quote:
For the summer term, what if we do fun extra-credit classes instead of the harder core classes like Transfiguration, Potions, and Divination. Teachers could put up things like Alchemy (I've put up an application to do this one already), Magical Pet Care (caring for owls, hippogriffs, kneazles, etc. and understanding the laws that go with owning these creatures), or perhaps even Becoming an Animagus (the laws, the registration, and perhaps a quiz to determine if the taker is canine, feline, avian, reptile, etc.).
Just little things for fun. Little to no homework, no major tests, no grading system. Points given for participating in a discussion or what homework there might be. Filler stuff until fall, when fewer people will be travelling.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:02 am
Just to let all the teachers know if they could wrap up there classes so that we can lock them and get the summer term underway.
Thanks
Celestial Archer
Gryffindor Head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:58 pm
The Astronomy Class is now closed and can be locked. I have saved everything so that it can be deleted if it needs to be.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:25 am
I have locked all classrooms that have stated in the headers that were ready to be locked.
Anyone how would like to start a summer trial class can apply here and I'll reveiw all applications.
Lady Courtney's Herbology class can stay open for the summer, since it is a trial thats fine with me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:51 pm
Alutian
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
A couple of months, I think.

2. How many posts have you made?
Who knows? I've made many, and have never bothered to go back and count them.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Several other classes, and I always completed the homework.

4. Class you are applying for:
I was thinking of doing a little 'fun' class on Alchemy. I recently got a book that explains where elements from the Harry Potter series came from, and it includes a bit on Alchemy.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Arany (Alutian)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I'm already teaching a Divination class; this one is just something extra for the fun of it.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
As I said, it's just a fun class, so there will be no homework or tests. After I put up the lesson, I will give a discussion topic that relates to it and let students talk about it in the class. Points will be given periodically when a student A.) Does extra research, B.) Brings up a very good point in the discussion, or C.) Participates actively and intelligently in the discussion.
There will be no passing or failing. If I ever do the class again, those who participated in it this first time might not be allowed to retake it, as they will know much already about the lessons.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
On previous page of this thread, recommendations by both Reese_Roper and Voluptuous Jon for this class.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
An extremely informative book called The Sorcerer's Companion, and therefore, a lot of extra information.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
The book tells what Arithmancy really is, so if the Arithmancy professor would like to contact me, I can send that information. It's really a form of number divination. There are no complicated equations, just a bunch of basic addition.

Here it is--an application for a summer class.  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:49 am
Alutian you can start this class for the summer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:49 am
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I have been a part of this guild since 11-12-05.

2. How many posts have you made? I have made 272 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes, I have been enrolled in almost every class available. I have done the homework and extra credit in all the classes I have ever been enrolled in.

4. Class you are applying for: I am applying for the Astronomy Teacher for the Summer Term. ( And also in the Fall)

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): I go by Avatar or Tina.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I want to teach here at Hogwarts because, I love Harry Potter and I am very interested in Astronomy.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) For the Summer Term I thought that I might change a few things in the classroom, I'll post a subject and the class will have a discussion about that subject. Those who join in the discussion will receive points for there House. (More for the students who join in more in the class.)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) I have asked Celestial Archer but she has not returned my PM yet. However I did have others when applying last term. And the student seemed to be interested in the class and want to re-apply during the Fall Term.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Well, as I said above I am very interested in Astronomy. This is probably due to the fact that I love history and want to be an Archeologist. I also have the time to take the class seriously but also have some fun with it.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:38 am
I am gonna take a break for the summer, I need time to rest from teaching and any form of school!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:07 pm
Will I have to re-post an application for next term's Divination class?  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:15 am
Teachers should note that they shoud wrap-up their summer classes and begin applying for the Fall Term, which will begin on September 4th.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:47 am

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I've been here since June 2005.

2. How many posts have you made? 962

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yess
4. Class you are applying for: Ancient Runes or Transfiguration.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor Alasse Anwamane. User Name: Celestial Archer

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I've had a lot of fun the last couple terms.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) Um similar to my older classes

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Most of the people who know me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I've been teaching Ancient Ruins for a couple of terms and Tranfiguration has never ever been tought that I know of, so it might be a fun adventure.

10. Anything else you would like to add: Um No

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:03 pm
For the Spring Term

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? have been a part of this guild since
11-12-05.

2. How many posts have you made? I have made 285 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the
homework that was assigned to you? Yes & Yes

4. Class you are applying for: I am Applying for Astronomy Teacher.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not
wanted but not required): I usually use my name, Tina. However I am also referred to as Avatar,
either is fine with me.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I love Astronomy and I love to teach what I do
know about it.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your
lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a
brief description if you'd like) My class will be like the last Term. (Last Spring)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and
trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this
application.) I have asked Celestial during the Spring Term. I haven’t done this yet, but, I’m
pretty sure anyone who took my class during the Spring Term would give me a reference.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I have the time to make
the lessons and grade them while keeping up with other things that are going on in the guild.

10. Anything else you would like to add: No

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:12 pm
The Astronomy Classroom is ready to be closed.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games