20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:39 pm
Slag10
Choosing not to smoke drink and ******** anything that moves isnt fashion, its straight edge, and more over its common sense.

I've always gone by not doing something if I don't want to, but not telling other's that they're wrong and stupid for doing so. I've been a vegetarian for years, but I don't care if other people want to eat meat, regardless of wether or not I necessarily approve...Pretending to be deeply offended and sending people on guilt trips is fun though. I always let them know I was joking though.

I don't smoke, drink, or have sex either, but I'm not straightedge, I just happen to not do those things. If people want to, then they can go ahead, just don't try to make me.

Besides, the overwhelming pecentage of 'SxE 'till 21' barely-teens kinda annoys me.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:02 pm
I know alot of edge kids that dont preach. then again alot of edge kids are assholes. I personaly only bring it up when people ask, or say something that shows they are grossly mis-informed as that one guy said. its a personal thing, but its still very important to me to stand up for the movement when i feel led  

Slag10

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:34 pm
Slag10
I know alot of edge kids that dont preach. then again alot of edge kids are assholes. I personaly only bring it up when people ask, or say something that shows they are grossly mis-informed as that one guy said. its a personal thing, but its still very important to me to stand up for the movement when i feel led
Im edge because like I said I used to drink, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life. If you ask me, drinking, smoking ANYTHING, doing drugs, or having sex is just something I don't plan on doing for a long time. And the smoking/drugs ever. So I mean its really a personal choice, do what you wanna do. But my insight on it is that all any of that does is just ******** up your problem more because you get addicted, even to pot if its habitual cuz my mom got addicted to the high in college. But yeah, and if the condom broke when I'm 16 I would have to go through the rest of my life tied down to one girl, while trying to support a kid. I'm not ready for that at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:17 pm
MCS4evr0
Also, there are still more modern punk bands that have the same "punk" sound like Dropkick Murphy's, Rancid, and Flogging Molly just to name the popular ones.

And I love every single one of those bands (especially Dropkick), check out Gogol Bordello for some kickass modern punk. Gypsy punk they say, it's weird as hell but I dig it. Great shows too.  

The Leninator!

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:25 pm
MCS4evr0
Slag10
Im edge because like I said I used to drink, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life. If you ask me, drinking, smoking ANYTHING, doing drugs, or having sex is just something I don't plan on doing for a long time. And the smoking/drugs ever. So I mean its really a personal choice, do what you wanna do. But my insight on it is that all any of that does is just ******** up your problem more because you get addicted, even to pot if its habitual cuz my mom got addicted to the high in college. But yeah, and if the condom broke when I'm 16 I would have to go through the rest of my life tied down to one girl, while trying to support a kid. I'm not ready for that at all.

First of all the only way you can get addicted to marijuana is if you are extremly weak minded. It's only mentally addictive, and guess what? Food is too! Whenever you crave anything, it's a mental addiction. Plus, pot has absolutly no negative effects on your body. But I respect your choice.

Here's my problem with how most SXEs act depicted in comic form- http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/8/

But that's not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is the ******** aggro. I get in more fights with Straight Edgers because I disagree with them then with skinheads (I'm a skinhead, but I'm a redskin which the boneheads don't take kindly to). And it is and always has been part of the straight edge culture to beat on people who drink, smoke, or screw. I'm fine if you just don't want to drink or smoke or whatever, but that alone doesn't make you SXE, and most straight edgers are A- violent to those who aren't, and B- preachy and evangelical about being Straight Edge.

Whatever, if you're Straight Edge and don't start s**t, good for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:30 am
The Leninator!
MCS4evr0
Also, there are still more modern punk bands that have the same "punk" sound like Dropkick Murphy's, Rancid, and Flogging Molly just to name the popular ones.

And I love every single one of those bands (especially Dropkick), check out Gogol Bordello for some kickass modern punk. Gypsy punk they say, it's weird as hell but I dig it. Great shows too.

Gogol Bordello kicks so much a**. I love those gypsy punks. Yeah, their music is pretty crazy but I love it.  

Frankenska

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:37 am
The Leninator!
MCS4evr0
Slag10

First of all the only way you can get addicted to marijuana is if you are extremly weak minded. It's only mentally addictive, and guess what? Food is too! Whenever you crave anything, it's a mental addiction. Plus, pot has absolutly no negative effects on your body. But I respect your choice.

Here's my problem with how most SXEs act depicted in comic form- http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/8/

But that's not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is the ******** aggro. I get in more fights with Straight Edgers because I disagree with them then with skinheads (I'm a skinhead, but I'm a redskin which the boneheads don't take kindly to). And it is and always has been part of the straight edge culture to beat on people who drink, smoke, or screw. I'm fine if you just don't want to drink or smoke or whatever, but that alone doesn't make you SXE, and most straight edgers are A- violent to those who aren't, and B- preachy and evangelical about being Straight Edge.

I totally agree.
That's why when someone asks why I don't Drink, Smoke, ******** just say it's a commitment thing.
and leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:29 am
Theres a major difference between being SXE which is like preaching and beating ppl, and then theres just saying your "straightedge" cuz its easier than saying i dont smoke, drink, do drugs, or screw. I'm totally open minded and I would go Vegetarian if I even remotely liked vegetables and/or tomato sauce. But I don't so if I didn't eat meat I'd be worse off nutrition-wise than I am. But basicly i just say straightedge cuz its easier, doesnt mean i preach or beat ppl. Its their decision.  

MCS4evr0

Slag10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:34 pm
The Leninator!
MCS4evr0
Slag10

i love how you make broad sweeping generalizations about something you obviously know nothing about. I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but you're talking s**t. plain and simple. and when you talk s**t to people in real life you better back it up. I know that if i called any of the local skins in my scene a neo nazi, i wouldn't make it to my car after the show. My advice, if you dont like edgers is 1) stay the ******** away from a hardcore show- 2) quit talking s**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:54 pm
Frankenska
The Leninator!
MCS4evr0

Gogol Bordello kicks so much a**. I love those gypsy punks. Yeah, their music is pretty crazy but I love it.

go gogol... Even my 43 year old mother loves Gogol Bordello  

Don Caballero

Frankenska

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:13 pm
A Perfect Circle 420
Frankenska
The Leninator!
MCS4evr0

go gogol... Even my 43 year old mother loves Gogol Bordello

Haha, rad! My mom likes'em too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:49 am
Haha my friends Russian teacher is like super obsessed with em... idk y but he is.  

MCS4evr0

Jcake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:01 pm
OMG Supa Kawaii
it really sucks though when EVERY ONE YOU KNOW listens to emo... well most people i know that is. Seriously one of the exuse i got from some one is that "it helps me when im depressed" i don't get how depressing emo music helps.

Yeah, I'm the only rudie in a sea of emo. I really don't understand the attraction to emo. It's made to make you depressed, all the songs(and, coincidentally, the band's names) seem to sound the same, and they're all seeming to be a lack of soul to them. They seem to have no passion to me. How about you guys?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:12 pm
The Leninator!

Tip o' the hat to you, good sir. You hit the nail on the head there. Or should I say Bone-Head? Straight Edge is a choice and no one should be preachy and violent upon other people because that's just intolerence. It makes me sick that this stuff still exists in the world today.

Well, we gotta get on to fixing this world for everyone. Cus if we don't, who will? The Bone-Heads?  

Jcake

bake_out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:18 pm
well no one has said anything in such a long time
but all i got to say is
lets all fart on emo and emo people hahah lol =p  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers