Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Show Yourself! Picture topic! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm
Recursive Paradox
Well except for places where people actually try to beat you for it and then you need to buy weapons and train to kill. x_x

neutral

Quote:
We're involved together in a polyamorous relationship. Living together actually. Things are pretty committed between us now. 3nodding

That's interesting, and it's nice to know that relationships like those can work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm
Taliah
Recursive Paradox
Well except for places where people actually try to beat you for it and then you need to buy weapons and train to kill. x_x

neutral

I know some people who have gotten into serious fights over them wearing drag or crossdressing. And obviously the epidemic violence against trans folk in America.

I'm having a hard time thinking of more than five cities where I would be reasonably safe were I out as trans. People (mostly white males) seem to be fond of killing us (although trans women of color specifically are the ones who are murdered in greater numbers than us all by far. And police seem to be fond of not investigating the murders. Sometimes the press even refuses to use the word murder, but instead the words, "trans killing". I guess people like me don't warrant the word murder when someone murders us. >.<

...I sound a bit bitter, don't I?

Quote:
Quote:
We're involved together in a polyamorous relationship. Living together actually. Things are pretty committed between us now. 3nodding

That's interesting, and it's nice to know that relationships like those can work.

It's a bit rare honestly. Poly relationships are high maintenance and require very strong communication and trust to even function on a basic level. A lot of people who have a poor mindset for poly or don't have the maturity to handle difficultly in relationships jump into poly sets because the idea of more love is appealing to folk. Most of those tend to fall apart.

Then there's the fact that it's not the norm for relationships in our culture so there's a lot of scrutiny on poly folk and a bit less on monogamous folk. I wouldn't be surprised if a somwhat comparable percentage of monogamous relationships crashed and burned too but no one notices because monogamy is normal. 3nodding  

Recursive Paradox

Colored White

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm
Maze
The Musical Lemon
<.< I don't see what it is you see, but thanks... >.> sweatdrop

Your face is fairly symmetrical. This is good. You have good teeth. Also good. Your cheeks are a little round, but that just means you eat well. I'd tell you to consider another hair-do, but all in all, I have to agree there's not a whole lot of ugly going on in there.

Anyone any tips on how to gain weight, by the way? I'm getting annoyed at myself. XD;

Well I see myself a bit differently, I now have braces(My teeth are worse then they appear) and my hair is just growing back from me being blond. o.o Wasn't a good stage... But, if you need to know how to gain weight, is it body fat or muscle weight? [Is pro at gaining/losing weight. Have to so I can make weight in my paint ball. Team thing, not tournament rules.]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am
[old pic]
Me two years ago.

[also old]
My 8th grade promotion pic, two years ago.

No new ones, sorry. Our computer recently crashed and all data was unfortunately...lost...forever. crying I had so much stuff saved on it... gonk

Xayim XVI

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm
User Image
this is me and yes i am not wearing a shirt, but I assure you I AM WEARING PANTS  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 pm
Ray of Mel
I AM WEARING PANTS

LIES  

Recursive Paradox

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 pm
Recursive Paradox
I know some people who have gotten into serious fights over them wearing drag or cross dressing. And obviously the epidemic violence against trans folk in America.

I know several people from my graduating class who would would fit the bill. Though, being gay was the biggest scandal in our little town - and that was reason enough to be given death threats. Didn't hear of any trans though, but I'm sure they were keeping as quiet about it as possible, considering. And I can't say I blame them.

Quote:
People (mostly white males) seem to be fond of killing us (although trans women of color specifically are the ones who are murdered in greater numbers than us all by far. And police seem to be fond of not investigating the murders. Sometimes the press even refuses to use the word murder, but instead the words, "trans killing". I guess people like me don't warrant the word murder when someone murders us. >.<

That just makes me sick. It's the damned law that says it's murder, not a freak show for the media to morally rape. How can people not understand, or even feel, how wrong that is? Or worse, ignore it.

Quote:
...I sound a bit bitter, don't I?

Not when your very life is at risk of beatings and killings just simply for being who you are. You have every reason to be angry. This really isn't much different than people from the South thinking they can go lynching blacks because they are black.

Quote:
Poly relationships are high maintenance and require very strong communication and trust to even function on a basic level.

I'd imagine. Most people are too insecure or jealous for that kind of relationship. Not sure if I could do it to be quite honest. I'm a bit emotionally wobbly at times. sweatdrop

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if a somewhat comparable percentage of monogamous relationships crashed and burned too but no one notices because monogamy is normal. 3nodding

Yeah, I agree with that. Tends to go for gay relationships that I know of as well. No one bats an eye when hetero-relationships fail, but when relationships that aren't normal go sour, everyone runs with it and makes it out worse than it actually is. Makes me angry that people can be so un-empathetic and truly see them as not human for something so trifling as sex orientation or sex/gender identity.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:54 pm
Taliah

I know several people from my graduating class who would would fit the bill. Though, being gay was the biggest scandal in our little town - and that was reason enough to be given death threats. Didn't hear of any trans though, but I'm sure they were keeping as quiet about it as possible, considering. And I can't say I blame them.

My town wasn't terrible. I doubt I would have been threatened or beaten. But I certainly would have been regularly harassed and probably denied jobs and service at restaurants and such.

Quote:
Quote:
People (mostly white males) seem to be fond of killing us (although trans women of color specifically are the ones who are murdered in greater numbers than us all by far. And police seem to be fond of not investigating the murders. Sometimes the press even refuses to use the word murder, but instead the words, "trans killing". I guess people like me don't warrant the word murder when someone murders us. >.<

That just makes me sick. It's the damned law that says it's murder, not a freak show for the media to morally rape. How can people not understand, or even feel, how wrong that is? Or worse, ignore it.

People convince themselves that we're just freaks breaking the most basic rules of society. It's surprisingly easy to create an us and them mentality and attack "The Other". Almost any situation where you have a minority and your society has issues, the majority will seek to either scrapegoat the minority or will take out its problems on the minority.

It's sickening and it sucks. It's also extraordinarily common.

Quote:

Not when your very life is at risk of beatings and killings just simply for being who you are. You have every reason to be angry. This really isn't much different than people from the South thinking they can go lynching blacks because they are black.

This is true. Ugh. ******** people. They ruin everything.

Quote:
Not sure if I could do it to be quite honest. I'm a bit emotionally wobbly at times. sweatdrop

Don't feel bad about that. Being monogamous is perfectly fine. Just do what works for you, provided it doesn't violate the rights of others.  

Recursive Paradox

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:36 pm
Recursive Paradox

My town wasn't terrible. I doubt I would have been threatened or beaten. But I certainly would have been regularly harassed and probably denied jobs and service at restaurants and such.

Which is bad enough on the social and/or emotional level.

Quote:
Don't feel bad about that. Being monogamous is perfectly fine. Just do what works for you, provided it doesn't violate the rights of others.

I wasn't too worried about it. Just was trying to put myself in that situation mentally, to see if I might could see myself there.

Hope Nuri doesn't care we totally went off topic for a page or so. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:07 am
Taliah
Recursive Paradox

Which is bad enough on the social and/or emotional level.

Wow... I just spoke nonchalantly about being discriminated against... that's pretty ******** up.

Quote:
Hope Nuri doesn't care we totally went off topic for a page or so. xp

And suddenly an on topic post appears!

Yum, alcohol coffee! Rune caught me unawares for that one. I was just trying to enjoy my delicious drink and she snap shot'd me. *cries*  

Recursive Paradox

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:41 am
I want alcohol coffee! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:58 am
patch99329
I want alcohol coffee! eek

It's yummy. My personal favorite is one particular drink that Error got me to try. Cherry Brandy in standard brewed coffee with hazelnut creamer.

A tasty coffee-like drink is a small bit of Kaluha, Hazelnut liquor and Bailey's Irish Cream. It tastes like a creamy alcoholic latte. 4laugh Just, don't drink too many. It's really really strong. x_x  

Recursive Paradox

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:20 pm
I'm sorry Ray, but YOU ARE HAWT.

Me!
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 pm
Speaking of hot! YUMMY!  

maenad nuri
Captain

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 am
Slightly related, what with all the appreciable images in this thread...
Does anyone else here have difficulty expressing an appreciation for someone's appearance without it sounding like a come-on or insincere?
It may just be the point I am originating from, but I can't seem to say someone looks good without either:
1. Sounding stilted and insincere.
or
2. Sounding like I am expressing an urgent and ardent desire to go some place more private with them.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games