Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:35 pm
Hello everyone, I just joined. My name is Nick. As of Feb 23rd 2009, I had decide to change my life around. I went to diet and exercising. I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. Went down 3 shirt sizes, and 5 pants sizes.

I decide to join this guild because I felt I could help a lot of you out with this struggle. Because it is a struggle to loose weight. I know many things for dieting and weight loss. I work out 7 times a week. 3 times a week for muscle, and the rest cardio and swimming(toning my body up). I now eat raw foods.

I know many motivation techniques to keep you going. And what you should do and how you should eat to get that weight off. Most of my knowledge comes from self research, my gym trainers, and my mom's knowledge of weight loss, something she has also been battling.

If any of you need help send me pm.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm
I really need to get off my fat butt and lose some weight. I gained 5 lbs in 6 months, which is odd for me because I'm so used to being in school and doing PE everyday and now that I'm graduated I actually gain weight hahaha. I was aiming to lose 10 lbs because before I gained weight, I was trying to lose about 5. So, here I am, in all my chubby glory, at a whopping [lol not really] 120 lbs give or take. WAIT BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT AND SAY OMG YOU'RE SKINNY ALREADY YOU CRAZY PERSON. I'm only 5'1" or 5'2". With a really tiny bone structure. So, 110 is actually what I really should be.

But my problems are, First off the obvious, I'm lazy. Yes I admit it. Haha.
But second, I live with a family that took me in when my mom abandoned me a few months before I turned 18. There's already 5 other people living in this house, so 6 total. And none of them eat healthy. And I can't seem to get a job to save my life, so I can't buy my own food, and since I don't bring any money into the house, I don't really get a say on what gets bought. Almost everything in this house is sugary or salty junk.
Third, I don't live in a very safe city, so taking walks is kind of not... safe. At least not until Liz gets me a pocket knife. Long story haha. And, there's obviously very little space in this house to exercise so I'm limited on that. And, there's ALWAYS someone around to give me weird looks for exercising. It's so awkward that I just... don't do it. I get really freaked when people watch me, and my "room" is the living room so it's not like I can just shut the door and turn on some music haha.

So, yeah. Oh. I rambled. I need need need to lose weight.  

pigeonsoup

Somnium Aeternum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm
Hello all, I'm Hidamarimite, or just Anja. I'm just shy of 21 years old, and I've managed to put on the freshman fifteen... two years late. I used to be one of those people with great metabolism who everyone hated because I could sit around all day and eat tons of junk food and gain absolutely no weight. Unfortunately for me, my body's decided that isn't going to cut it anymore and I've started to develop a bit of a tummy. I'm only looking to lose about fifteen pounds right now, but I'm also trying to set up exercise and eating habits that will put me on a better track in the long run. Last I checked, I weighed just over 130, with my height at 5'3. I'm still in the healthy range of the BMI, but I'd like to get to the lower end of healthy instead of the upper.

I joined this guild because it's difficult for me to change my habits unless I make a declaration of them to more than just myself. Otherwise I always tell myself that I'll start tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. I'm a horrible procrastinator like that, even when it's something that I really want to do. Currently, I'm extremely lazy. I only really get out and walk around when I'm going to and from classes... and my campus is small so that's not much exercise at all. I'm also terrible about what I eat. Nearly every meal I have is fried and fatty, and I consume an insane amount of sugary, unhealthy drinks. I should really know better since my mom is a dietitian and I myself a member of the school's culinary club, but I just have no willpower.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Welcome to the guild guys! I hope you can find motivation and success with us here.

Anbaachan

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:27 am
Welcome to the Guild, all the new people!
^__^

*guilty*
I haven't been active here for a while. . .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 pm
hi  

flowercube

ShellehMonster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm
Im Shelleh as my friends call me in here Edanvers
i need to drop the weight it makes me depressed i wont even take pictures or look in a mirror, im utterly digusted with myself, im supposed to 135 and i wieght 210 pound... my diets have failed mostly because eating right is a problem.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Hello there everyone. My name is Mary, and I am currently a freshman in college. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life, and I've finally decided to put my foot down. I live with my parents due to economic reasons and am unemployed. Therefore, I have little say in what is brought home from the grocery store each week. I tip the scales at 170 pounds, although my goal is to weigh around 120-130. My body fat percentage is 29%, and I also wish to lower that to 17%. I want to encourage others along their weight loss journey and hopefully provide key information to them as well. Lastly, I hope to gather good tips and advice from those in the guild.  

Incipient Floret

skeletoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm
Hi, I'm Skeletoff.

I weigh about 170lbs (I don't have a scale in my dorm, but I will weigh myself next time I'm at the gym), and 5'8". Because I'm pretty tall, I don't look obese or that much overweight, but I feel like it. I still feel really uncomfortable wearing fitted shirts and dresses. I just want to feel better about myself.

I'm 19 and a freshman in college. I think my goal would be to lose at least 40lbs. but I'm really looking more at how I feel rather than numbers.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm
Welcome!

I agree that it should be about how you feel. I'm at that not-fat not-fit stage too and I'm just looking to feel good, plain and simple. What do you plan to do about it?

Start up a journal if you'd like, in the subforum. You can talk about anything from eating/exercise to how your day has gone. You can stop by my journal to chat, too, and I'll do the same to see how you're doing and keep you motivated!
Best of luck dear! <3

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

skeletoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm
Stars in my Pocket
Welcome!

I agree that it should be about how you feel. I'm at that not-fat not-fit stage too and I'm just looking to feel good, plain and simple. What do you plan to do about it?

Start up a journal if you'd like, in the subforum. You can talk about anything from eating/exercise to how your day has gone. You can stop by my journal to chat, too, and I'll do the same to see how you're doing and keep you motivated!
Best of luck dear! <3

:3 thanks!

I recently cut out all sweets (about 2 weeks ago) since I would binge on them. It's going pretty well so far. I substituted them with fruits and I haven't really been craving any sugar so far biggrin
Come Lent (feb 17th) I'll also not be eating meat (as I do every Lent) but I can't keep going after Lent because I get really sick every year from not eating meat. I'm anemic so I need the iron; otherwise I get terrible colds (weak immune system) and have to be out of school for a week or so.

But I'm planning on generally eating fruits and veggies more instead of other snacks. I already like them and eat them so it won't be hard. The biggest thing that I might have a problem with is going to the gym on a regular basis. I have one at school so I don't have to pay extra or anything, but I'll be so embarrassed D: I was there just to check out the hours and when it's least crowded (it's small) and all these already skinny girls were there. I have a buddy but I know she won't want to go a lot, so I'll just be going by myself most of the time. I'll just have to get over being embarrassed >.<

Oh, and I'm also working on sleeping habits. It's really hard for me to fall asleep and then when I finally do, it's so late that if I don't have school/work, I'll sleep til like 3 or even later, and if I do have school/work, I'll be tired all day, but then I still won't be able to fall asleep at night anyway. My dad bought me these herbal sleeping aids that are non-addictive and they've been helping. I take one an hour before I go to bed and I have to go to bed before midnight each night. I've been naturally waking up slightly earlier each day. :3

I'm planning on starting a journal in the subforum :3 I think tomorrow or Wednesday biggrin

Thanks so much!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 am
Hey folks, the name's Joe. I'm 5'9" and currently 188 lbs. During the holidays I decided that I was tired of sitting around all the time just turning into a blob and started looking into ways to become healthier, as well as lose weight. At my worst I was up to 205. I never had energy and I was growing out of clothes that I used to wear just fine.

It started when I got out of the Army. We worked out every day of the week, and even doing that I could barely maintain my weight. As soon as I got out my activity level dropped to nearly nothing and I started to put the weight on. The major culprit wasn't so much how active I was, but rather what I was eating and drinking. I was a soda junkie, and pretty much lived on fast food and pizza.

The first thing I changed was almost entirely cutting soda out of my diet. I drink water almost exclusively. I have a cup of coffee in the morning, usually black, and if I really need to have something sweet during the day I'll have tea with honey. After just a couple days I started to FEEL better. I just felt less 'icky' and the thought of physical activity was less daunting. I followed that up with changing from my family's usual 2-3 meals a day, and started eating 3 small meals with snacks in between. This coupled with a little weight training and the occasional cardio (hey it's winter and it's cold and snowy!) and I've been losing weight at a pretty steady rate of 1-2 pounds a week. It's awesome to hop on the scale and see the weight coming off and being confident that it isn't just me losing muscle mrgreen  

transient_discord

Majnooni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:24 am
Helloooo...
You can call me Majnooni, I guess.

I am 19, 5'3" and about 150 lbs. My weight has gone back and forth throughout my life.

Long story short
-was very skinny as a child
-picked up bad eating habits from both family members and friends and was overweight by later elementary school
-lost weight in middle school by cutting portions extremely or skipping meals, which was successful but unhealthy

My present state came about in high school. When I moved after 9th grade, I got extremely depressed, and as a result, gained a LOT of weight. I went from being on the upper end of average to being clearly overweight. At worst, I was probably 165 or so. I didn't even care, really. I knew that I wasn't healthy, but because my motivation to change was the fact that I looked bad, I never lost anything because it just made me more depressed.

After I started college, things got a lot better. I came to appreciate my own personality and realized that who I am really is more important that my weight. At the same time, I met girls who were chubby or overweight, but still confident and beautiful, unlike many of the girls I knew growing up who were obsessed with appearance and losing weight. As a result of my confidence, instead of the freshman 15, I got the freshman -15. lol.

Now, my motivation to lose weight is just to be healthy. My habits aren't that bad. I don't eat or drink much sugar or fried food, and I walk a lot. My weakness is carbs. Due to the fact that I can't eat the meat from my school cafeteria, I end up eating a lot of carbs. In general, cafeteria eating makes a balanced diet hard (as does college life in general). But, I'm determined. My philosophy is that I can lose weight by eating good food in reasonable portions, staying active, and improving my sleeping habits. I have to work around my health issues, which include anemia, heart issues, and asthma, but I manage to stay active by walking and dancing.

My target weight is about 125-130, but I plan to base my success on my implementation of healthy habits rather than the scale. I want to make the habits stick now, so when I get home and my family tries to make me fat again (as they tend to do) I can resist!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 am
Hey, I'm Diet Poison.

If you prefer, you can call me Lynne.

I've always been rather small, so my weight's been pretty low, too.

I'm fully grown. 4'6" and 94 lbs.

Recently, though, being in college has made me gain some in a rather short amount of time.

Besides my weight-loss goal, I want to level-off and manage to stay at a good weight through college and hopefully, through the rest of my life.  

Diet Poison

Heroic Mage

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 pm
Hi. I'm Dust.And.Echoes.

Most people just call me Dust or Dusty.

I'm a naturally heavy person, as in I just weigh more than the average while still being completely healthy.

But, back in 2008 I quit smoking, and I moved in with my now husband. I gained the boyfriend 15, and the I quit 20. Then we got married in June, and I gained about 10 more lbs.

So I shot up from 150(a perfectly healthy weight for me) to 195.

Currently I'm 189, and recovering from the holidays. I'd like to get back down to 150, and then begin "toning"

Right now I'm losing weight by portion control, as in not over eating, and activity/exercise. I'm also trying to make sure that my son learns good eating habits by example and healthy activities.

I will try to be as active as possible, but I'm horrible about being active in guilds. I really love the idea of this guild though.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games