Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 am
This is diablo, not world of warcraft surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 am
Lady Blodwynn

Exactly. But that doesn't mean that they won't still charge. Bloody bastards...

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:51 am
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn

Exactly. But that doesn't mean that they won't still charge. Bloody bastards...
This wont be like Hellgate London where you have to pay to play online, or so Ive heard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:31 pm
They say they considered making it an MMO, but they decided to stick to the core gameplay that made Diablo. No internet fees for sure.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:32 am
Though this is Blizzard, they can do just about anything and get away with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 am

They can until a significant number of people *cough*The Koreas*cough* stop following blindly.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:48 pm
kek, fat chance of that happening. I've been told that StarCraft is their national sport and that World of Warcraft kills more people than violence and silly accidents alike.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 am
Interactive post! surprised

This August I'm having some friends over for a week or so and I thought it would be an excellent time to blow the dust off my xbox and hook it up again. One of my friends is a rather avid xbox player and will provide the games. Funny twist that nobody expects: My friend who brings the games is also about the only one to play them, not because I'm dull but because most of us are not gamers and he will be doing this for our amusement. Almost makes it sound like work sweatdrop

Please note that I wont be playing them myself, as that would take effort and I'd rather just lie on the couch watching someone else play through them like some sort of interactive movie.

While I can't ask him to lug along everything that he has choices have to be made and seeing as I am mostly oblivious to the games out there, I'd like some input on the games listed below. Things I'm looking for are horror, gore and suspense, but also funny things.

- Alone in the Dark
- Army of Two
- Assassin's Creed
- Beautiful Katamari
- Bioshock
- Call of Duty 4
- Dead Rising
- Devil May Cry 4 heart heart heart heart heart heart
- Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- Gears of War
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
- Gun
- Half-Life 2 the Orange Box
- Halo 3
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
- Lego Star Wars
- Lost Planet
- Mass Effect
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Rainbow Six Vegas
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Scene It? Lights Camera Action!
- Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Tenchu Z
- The Darkness
- The Godfather
- Viva Piñata

So nerdlings, which games would you recommend for watching? xp  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:37 am
For watching? Well that's a whole different ballpark from playing. Bioshock is like a thriller movie, good for scares and stuff. Assassin's Creed is cool to watch, although only in moderation because it gets boring and repetitive. Call of Duty 4, multiplayer, is pretty intense and fast paced. Dead Rising is a lot of fun, and worth quite a few laughs as well. Oblivion is really complex and lengthy, I don't suggest it as a spectator. Gears of War can be fun, seeing lots of chainsaws and explosions and guts is always entertaining. I imagine Portal from the Orange Box would be fun to watch. Halo 3 is, but only if you're playing a silly online custom game that involves a lot of "wtf" and "how'd you do that?". Mass Effect, like Oblivion is geared towards single player and its lengthy and cinematic, the action sequences aren't fantastic watching material. The rest of those I don't know, although I hear the Darkness is fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:31 pm
No multiplayer sweatdrop I'm not buying a card for that load of bollocks. If I want nerd rage I'll check my inbox at MySpace.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:03 pm
Bioshock and Half Life 2 out of that list would be my best bets. They're both very cinematic and thrilling.

I've never played Alone in the Dark, but I'd wager that it should fit your bill pretty well, and Call of Duty 4 shouldn't be that bad.

Overall, I suggest Bioshock, hands down. It has a true cinematic feeling combined with well played horror and intrigue.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:12 pm
Xenos Mortium
Bioshock and Half Life 2 out of that list would be my best bets. They're both very cinematic and thrilling.

I've never played Alone in the Dark, but I'd wager that it should fit your bill pretty well, and Call of Duty 4 shouldn't be that bad.

Overall, I suggest Bioshock, hands down. It has a true cinematic feeling combined with well played horror and intrigue.
Half-Life 2 and all associated episodes are like playing a movie. heart  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:13 am
Half-Life 2 is boring and not my cuppa tea, I tried playing it myself on the pc some two odd years ago, not funny. Tho I am intrigued by Portal and all the lame jokes I keep hearing about it.

Right now on the list are Bioshock (horror-thriller), Dead Rising (zombies!), Gears of War (chainsaw gore!) and maybe the Darkness, I heard you could devour the hearts of opponents blaugh I'll ask the lad what he wants to play himself, though he shouldn't get too happy, he can pick one and only one game! pirate

If I'm feeling really pleased I'll write my own views on the games I watched  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 pm
So, what is everyone's feelings about E3 2008? The predictions I read estimate a revealing of some BioWare projects, possibly Mass Effect 2, and something else called Dragon Age. Gears of War 2 will be showcased I imagine, looking forward to that, and Left 4 Dead piques my interest. I'd like to see more about Force Unleashed and Fallout 3. Rumors also of a glimpse at Bioshock 2.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:44 pm

I bet that we see something huge about Resident Evil 5.

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games