Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:56 am

First thing I noticed was the grey on the cheek.
Stop doing that.

Dark Flesh/Dwarf Flesh, and then Elf Flesh on top of that.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:53 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal

First thing I noticed was the grey on the cheek.
Stop doing that.

Dark Flesh/Dwarf Flesh, and then Elf Flesh on top of that.

-Mykal

xd {didn't notice it. I better go fix that as soon as I can)  

Rey_Za_Burrel

The Daft Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Rey- They look okay, but you should work on maybe trying some dry brushing with a lighter color. and or inking them? also try to paint the gun's a different color (try black with bolt gun metal dry brushed over) or if they are the standard issued imperial flash lights then green for the cover and grey for the nozel. 3nodding keep at it, rome wasn't built in a day.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:20 pm
Tank? Plox?

Also, I like the Guardsmen. However, a lot of the gear seems to blend into the armor and camo in one mass grey mass. Perhaps you could outline the gear in a darker tone? It makes everything stand out a bit more.

Besides that, they look nifty. No complaints, and the camo and color is worthy of theft.

Some Mook

kissmekillme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:11 pm
They're cleanly painted but they really need some blacklining to not look like grey blobs. A good tertiary colour would help too to compliment, something warm and contrasting probably. The eyes and flesh need the most work.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:20 pm
razz
I didn't expect to see this many replies so quickly.
Thanks all!! and keep em comming!!  

Rey_Za_Burrel

The Daft Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 pm
Josef Gafencu
Tank? Plox?

Also, I like the Guardsmen. However, a lot of the gear seems to blend into the armor and camo in one mass grey mass. Perhaps you could outline the gear in a darker tone? It makes everything stand out a bit more.

Besides that, they look nifty. No complaints, and the camo and color is worthy of theft.

by the way Josef, I liked your tank there, it looks like you put alot of work into it, it'd probley take me lonegr because I haven't gotten around to making a vehicle (other than dreadnoughts), and I havent even started to paint it. lol. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:59 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
King Kento
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
King Kento
kissmekillme
No pressure at all. It's painting. You ******** up, you strip. The only pressure in modelling is in physical conversion.

I wouldnt say pressure, but danger. I remember converting my vyper to have the shuriken cannon on the bottom as an upgrade so i could use the turret for something else. In shaving away a chunk of plastic I managed to place my knife through my palm at least an inch deep. Oddly enough it didnt bleed while i just sat their gawking. It didnt hurt either until a day later, then it was a b***h. Fun times, and scars make great conversation starters.

"Hey baby, I got this one carving miniature scale models to play tabletop wargames with."
cool

-Mykal

Oh I know, chicks love that one. They like a dangerous type willing to shed some blood in the name of miniatures and fun. Then its out to a wild night at the local hobby shop.

"If I roll a 6, and then you fail your save, you take your top off."
wink

-Mykal

Meh too tame. me and Stace do strip Soul Caliber and other random nerdy things.  

King Kento

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:28 pm
King Kento
ninja Yeah, let's keep this to the whole painting of minatures and whatnot...

((I actually decided against responding before you, saying that I've usually got my shirt off before they do. xp ))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 pm
Xenos Mortium
King Kento

((I actually decided against responding before you, saying that I've usually got my shirt off before they do. xp ))

Understood. 3nodding  

King Kento

The Daft Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:56 am
King Kento
Xenos Mortium
King Kento

Understood. 3nodding

Yeah that little conversation has gotten alittle too offtopic there. lol

I myself don't have very many scars from modeling since I use clippers and I use a model knife on a cutting board. sweatdrop

(Just to add, I know where Kento is coming from. I do the same thing just with Halo 2 gonk )  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:15 am
Sorry for the double post but.

I just put the finishing touches on two of my HQ's... Wolf Guard Terminator Captain and Wolf Lord Leman Russ (and yes...it is Leman Russ...a really...really...really old miniture I got off ebay for 50 bucks. and the last little bits of stripes on my Tech Marine

Have a look  

The Daft Knight

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:33 pm

Mr Russ also had 2 wolves, so I don't know if you got your money's worth.
Also, I'd have updated his backpack to a 4th edition one.

I think Russ is painted well, but I detest the stripes. It's just personal tastes though.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:04 pm
I think they’re painted very well.
The way that you painted the fur is my favorite part.  

Rey_Za_Burrel

The Daft Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:41 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Mr Russ also had 2 wolves, so I don't know if you got your money's worth.
Also, I'd have updated his backpack to a 4th edition one.

I think Russ is painted well, but I detest the stripes. It's just personal tastes though.

-Mykal

Oh yeah he came with the two wolves.

and I wasn't exactly sure wether or not it matter'd if the backpack was 4th edition or 1st edition. (which is what I have alot of) 3nodding

Rey: I had help with the fur. sweatdrop that was done by my step-dad since I can never get fur right. the rest was done by me though. 3nodding  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games