Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:42 pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 am

Vertigo_Kiwi
jaden kendam
Vertigo_Kiwi
I started college today! I did a lot of "people watching" and sitting by myself.

When I did get social, I showed this boy my Edgar Allan Poe action figure (I carry it around in my purse) and he kinda stopped talking to me. xd

I guess my social skills suck.

Uhm...start out slowly...then surprise people with the Edgar Allen Poe figures. Remember, college is not like Ohio. Specially college that is not in Ohio. Just cause someone looks goth or acts goth or says they are goth, does not make them goth. Same goes for Christian, Pagan, anything. Plus, college tends to have some of the more vocal people proclaiming to be things they are not. Tis for shock value or to look like they fit in.

Yea, the only people who were talking to me were 30-50 year-old men. So, I figured since this boy was about my age he'd get a kick out of it. But, I'm discovering that I'm a bit of a weirdo...so I guess it happens. Actually, I'm really figuring out that the older people are more humorous than the younger ones. I don't know, we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

In college, in my experiences, many of the younger people were still stuck in high school mode, where different was not good, and if it was more different than you, then even worse. Like the "punks" hated the "goths" and so on.

jaden kendam

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:24 am

New haircut and goggles make me look like I have elf-ears even though I don't--and moreover, dark-skinned elf-ears. Dark-skinned avatars must look really silly with the Gaia elf-ears. Boo.

Speaking of pictures, my hair before I cut it last month, me after it has grown out somewhat, and an action shot--well, at least a picture not taken with my webcam--me at the top of the Uetliberg observation tower overlooking Zürich at New Year's. I made the scarf myself.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:33 pm

Updated my Pathways thread with more Yummies!

TeaDidikai

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:05 pm

jaden kendam

In college, in my experiences, many of the younger people were still stuck in high school mode, where different was not good, and if it was more different than you, then even worse. Like the "punks" hated the "goths" and so on.

Yea, but all the people here who still act like they're in high school are actually 20-25 years old. I don't really get it, but I guess it takes awhile. How long did it take you to make friends or to actually click with someone? I'm getting paranoid because I see all these people who are already in their little groups, and I'm still sitting by myself. I do talk to a lot of people, so I am trying really hard. It's just they don't want anything more than to just "waste the lunch period."
I worry a lot, so maybe I'm just over-analyzing everything.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:03 pm

Vertigo_Kiwi
jaden kendam

Yea, but all the people here who still act like they're in high school are actually 20-25 years old. I don't really get it, but I guess it takes awhile. How long did it take you to make friends or to actually click with someone? I'm getting paranoid because I see all these people who are already in their little groups, and I'm still sitting by myself. I do talk to a lot of people, so I am trying really hard. It's just they don't want anything more than to just "waste the lunch period."

I talked to a small group of people. And sooner or later, i would meet more. I am actually happy to know only a few, rather than many as talking to many can be an extreme waste of time, if they act like you are a waste of thiers.

jaden kendam

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:45 pm

jaden kendam
Vertigo_Kiwi
jaden kendam

I talked to a small group of people. And sooner or later, i would meet more. I am actually happy to know only a few, rather than many as talking to many can be an extreme waste of time, if they act like you are a waste of thiers.

Yea, I'm just afraid that it's going to be like it was in high school. I'll talk to people about the weather or classes, but after school I'll have no social life. Which is kind of sad because you never really have anyone to lean on or whatever. I guess that's what mothers are for. cool
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:25 am

Anyone got any quick but interesting lunch recipes?

I've got free reign over the kitchen while my parents are in Europe, and the boyfriend's been coming over on his lunch break every day to be my guinea pig for various lunch experiments. Unfortunately, because I spend most of my free time working from home, I have very limited time left to hunt down recipes that are both quick and have something interesting to them. He's got about an hour for lunch altogether, and it takes about 5 minutes to get here from his work, as a general timeframe. Tuesday and Wednesday, I made cheese tacos with buttered tortillas, salsa and stir-fried chicken strips (which for a while there I totally thought I'd either burn or overcook, but huzzah, they were delish), and yesterday he took over and made an omelet for himself because I was running around panicking before my meeting with the MBA program dude at the university. I'd like to make something tomorrow OTHER than cheese tacos, because they're yummy and all, but enough is enough.

Ingredients I have on hand are sparse, but I can easily run to the grocery store. On hand I've got two tortillas left, a bunch of shredded cheese and some solid cheeses, a whole buttload of different kinds of pasta and noodles, frozen chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), about 4 eggs, some milk, and... I dunno, assorted miscellanea. There's also a bunch of canned soups.

Anyone? Bueler?

Sivirs

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:26 am

Quesadillas? razz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:39 am

Vertigo_Kiwi
jaden kendam
Vertigo_Kiwi
jaden kendam

Yea, I'm just afraid that it's going to be like it was in high school. I'll talk to people about the weather or classes, but after school I'll have no social life. Which is kind of sad because you never really have anyone to lean on or whatever. I guess that's what mothers are for. cool

Give it time. And use your brains. If someone has the feeling of being creepy, then its not a good person to get involved with. And by creepy, I mean someone who you know is not the right person you want to get to know. Like I said, I have a small circle of friends. Heck, there is only one person in Ohio that I hang out with. So, patience and honesty are the keys here.

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:41 am

Sivirs

I've got free reign over the kitchen while my parents are in Europe, and the boyfriend's been coming over on his lunch break every day to be my guinea pig for various lunch experiments. Unfortunately, because I spend most of my free time working from home, I have very limited time left to hunt down recipes that are both quick and have something interesting to them. He's got about an hour for lunch altogether, and it takes about 5 minutes to get here from his work, as a general timeframe. Tuesday and Wednesday, I made cheese tacos with buttered tortillas, salsa and stir-fried chicken strips (which for a while there I totally thought I'd either burn or overcook, but huzzah, they were delish), and yesterday he took over and made an omelet for himself because I was running around panicking before my meeting with the MBA program dude at the university. I'd like to make something tomorrow OTHER than cheese tacos, because they're yummy and all, but enough is enough.

Ingredients I have on hand are sparse, but I can easily run to the grocery store. On hand I've got two tortillas left, a bunch of shredded cheese and some solid cheeses, a whole buttload of different kinds of pasta and noodles, frozen chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), about 4 eggs, some milk, and... I dunno, assorted miscellanea. There's also a bunch of canned soups.

Anyone? Bueler?

Make some home made maccaroni and cheese. Cook some pasta. Melt cheese in a different pot. You can add chicken or tuna fish if you want. And combine. Hearty and good. Just make sure you dont burn the cheese. You can add milk to it while it is melting or water or some butter.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:02 am

Sivirs

Anyone? Bueler?
What kinds of soup?

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:00 am

I move tomorrow. GAAAAAH.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:17 pm

BlueRoseTorn
You'll be fine.

In a couple of weeks, you'll be eating yummies with friends while boys play video games. 3nodding

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:23 pm

TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
You'll be fine.

In a couple of weeks, you'll be eating yummies with friends while boys play video games. 3nodding

I know it'll be tons of fun and basically a cake walk after I actually get out there...it's just the plane ride that's scaring the s**t out of me right now.

And I got stuck with a middle seat! gonk
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games