Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:55 pm
oops I guess I didn't see that. Get rid of them, I don't like them xD there is a gender flip thread like a thread for guy flutes girl perc, the non stereotypical. Tell them to take their conversations there or to the standard thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:35 pm
*rolls around before she returns to school tomorrow*  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 pm
Tubariffic
there is a gender flip thread like a thread for guy flutes girl perc, the non stereotypical.

I don't get what you mean...

Keep the guy flute/girl perc threads because they're not stereotypical??

*lost*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:09 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Tubariffic
there is a gender flip thread like a thread for guy flutes girl perc, the non stereotypical.

I don't get what you mean...

Keep the guy flute/girl perc threads because they're not stereotypical??

*lost*

No, there is like a thread that is entitled "Girls in an all boys section!" and it was for the non stereotypical gender peeps.
New today:Bombed all district and ran over my mailbox xD  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:11 am
Hey Shiz, how's the mod search going?

I would like to make a suggestion: with the new mods coming, and new subforums coming- I think the guild could do with a make over. I mean just like the front page of the guild is horribly outdated, and I know there has been talk of making it more apparent of what to put in your join request. Also the Rules and Banners sticky could go for a make over. I think the reason all the coding is messed up on the banners post, is that we have too many of them. So perhaps breaking up the banner posts (you could get rid of the old memberlist . . . that's just me). And of course I've always hated too many stickies/ announcements and getting rid of the ones that just aren't used any more (like the Directory of Threads, which was originally nice, but we just aren't sticklers for the whole "no repeat thread" rule any more).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:23 pm
w00t! I was just about to make an announcement about the mod search.
I have chosen three
Phantom of the Forum
T i f a
WickedSong

Phantom is the whole super band geek ultimate nerd type, kinda how I was when I first became a mod.
T i f a is the been on gaia for a while now, knows the ebb and flow of the guild systems
and WickedSong is new to the guild and gaia, she said that the guild is the reason she stays on gaia, I wanted to pick one to see if she can stay committed, I liked her application, and she has already made a thread that has been stickied, so it sounds like she had good ideas.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:09 pm
Read this, and email conversation I had with a n00b.

me

n00b

hi
im sry to bug u but i kinda didnt no that i click on the donate button and donated 20.000 and more to ur gulid and i like to have it bac plz and thxs

There is no way to give it back
when did this occur?

y i need it for my dream avi plezzz i am baging u icon_crying.gif

There is no way to access the guild funds, and I want to know when this happened to see if you really did donate 20k to the guild, seeing how we have a transition log stating when money goes in, from whom, for what epurpos, and the amount.

today around 4:00-4:30 pt time
and i didnt donate it on purpose plz

There is nothing in my log about a 20000g donation, nor are you even a member of the guild.

i ment 2000 no im not but i thout that thing would give me that much thats y i didnt do it on epurpos i swar

But you didn't donate anything, there is nothing in the transaction log stating that you donated any amount what soever.

plezz can i have my money bac i swar i am not lieing i am very trust wrothy ill even give u my password

or try this i went to guilds then i cliked on my guilds then i saw this guy named kooreo i clicked on it then i scorld down to the bottom and it says gold and password so i chose a number 2000 that was how much gold i wanted but i thout it would give me gold until it said u donated 20k

There is nothing in my log saying you gave money to the guild, that has record of all the money going into the guild.

then y do i have 13k only i use to have 33k icon_crying.gif icon_crying.gif icon_crying.gif

You just said you donated 2000 not 20000, now it is 20000 again?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:00 pm
Tubariffic

Phantom is the whole super band geek ultimate nerd type, kinda how I was when I first became a mod.

^_^
*glomps Tuba*

And now that I'm mod, I have a question...

What should I look for in decent applications to join the guild?
(I promise I won't just accept percussion people. XD )

As to that e-mail convo, that's really moronic.
I got a n00b PM saying he was an admin, when his username was 'aaaaa241' or something. >>;  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 am
Hahahaha. That's great Shiz.

Phantom- Basically if they say something about liking music or band then accept them. There are some that are a "no duh" that you can decline: ones that leave spam, or insulting. The rest you have to use your better judgment. Some people leave applications blank, they just say "hi", they just say "I want to join," they think as in "nerds" we mean computer/gaming nerds, kind of so forth. I find it's really up to whoever is accepting applications at that point to decide whether or not they're in the guild. Personally if they say "I want to join" I'll accept, and even some times blank or ones that say "hi." If they cause trouble- we'll (hopefully) catch them. If you're unsure about whether or not to accept them or not, just skip it, and someone else will deal with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 pm
I look for key words such as "band" and like an instrument. It is nice when they actually fill out the form, it helps in the process.  

Tubariffic
Captain

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:53 pm
Congrats to the new mods~

Tifa = FF7 fan?

@Shiz: Wooooow. You're so nice. xDD How can you take that idiocy, haha I probably would've ignored them. =X  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Nice?
I went back and forth only for my entertainment xD  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:58 pm
heh.

My first idiotic join request...

kittygrrl5
1 BAND 1 SOUND OOOO DEAR WOOO BANDS SWEET!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:40 am
Masquanade
Hahahaha. That's great Shiz.

Phantom- Basically if they say something about liking music or band then accept them. There are some that are a "no duh" that you can decline: ones that leave spam, or insulting. The rest you have to use your better judgment. Some people leave applications blank, they just say "hi", they just say "I want to join," they think as in "nerds" we mean computer/gaming nerds, kind of so forth. I find it's really up to whoever is accepting applications at that point to decide whether or not they're in the guild. Personally if they say "I want to join" I'll accept, and even some times blank or ones that say "hi." If they cause trouble- we'll (hopefully) catch them. If you're unsure about whether or not to accept them or not, just skip it, and someone else will deal with it.
I just went through three days worth of join requests O_O
People Pm me asking if i got thier request only to have to sort through like two days worth of requests O_O
Being a crew member is fun XD  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:36 am
The amount of requests have become insane xD  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games