Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:31 pm

User Image

I just have to say, it was awesome getting to see Horvath's costume in person earlier in the week.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:35 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:42 pm

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:52 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:54 pm

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:59 pm

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:00 pm

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:11 pm

I've been listening to various podcast interviews featuring Alfred Molina. Quite enjoyable hearing him talk about various productions I've seen him in. Plus his voice is just nice to listen to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:13 pm

User Image

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:38 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:04 pm

_______ stepped out from her car and closed the door behind her as she glanced around the neighborhood she had pulled into. While she didn't necessarily feel uncomfortable being in the town of Pine Mills, there was certainly something about the place that felt... off. She didn't really know how to describe the feeling.
The only reason she had found her way to this small, rural town - one she didn't even know existed despite living miles away in the next state over - was because of the trail of connections she stumbled upon. During her walks along the surrounding trails, she discovered an obsidian rock tied and hanging from a branch. Upon mentioning it at the book store in the town, the owner mentioned that the local resident Jim Bussey had put those there during his own searches for their local mystical legend 'The Water Man.'
"Please don't be a weirdo," she muttered under her breath as she walked up the pathway to ring the doorbell.
She felt herself tense up slightly as she saw a broad silhouette approach the door from inside.
"If you're selling something, the answer is 'No.'"
"I was told you are considered an expert on a... on The Water Man," she stated in response, feeling her curiosity peaked.
"Did the neighborhood kids put you up to this?"
"What? No." she replied in confusion before adding. "I found the rocks you put up in the woods during one of my walks."
The last of her uncertainty melted away when he stepped closer and into the light shining through the doorway. She felt a strange kinship with this silver-streaked dark haired man in his sweater vest. He looked like a combination of Santa Claus and a quirky professor.
"You were out in the woods? By yourself?"
"Yes."
"You're quite brave. I could only be out there for a short period of time before I got too spooked."
"Because you thought The Water Man was out there?"
"He is," he replied, his eyes flashing as if daring her to contradict him.
"Who is The Water Man?" she asked. "I can't say I've ever heard of him until I came across the rocks and the lady at the bookstore mentioned the story."
"How much did she tell you?"
"Not much really. Just said you were responsible for the rocks and I should speak to you about it further."
She watched as his gaze looked her up and down before opening the door.
"Come in," he said, stepping aside allowing her to enter.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:24 pm

She timidly stepped into the house taking in the various décor and knick knacks around the room. Aside from it being freezing, despite it being fairly warm for a spring day outside, it felt warm and welcoming. Spotting various books scattered about the area, she couldn't help wonder the titles of all of them and what conversations transpired in this sitting room.
"Please have a seat," he said, as he passed past her. "Would like some tea? The kettle might still be warm."
"That sounds lovely."
He seemed nodded in response as he disappeared through the entryway to what she presumed was the kitchen. She settled herself into one of the armchairs, once again finding her attention wandering over the various objects around her.
"Here we are," he said, as he returned with a tray containing the kettle and two mugs barely releasing steam trails into the chilled air. He handed one over to her.
"Thank you," she said taking it gently and taking a sip. The corner of her mouth rose as she instantly recognized the peppermint flavor.
"I must say... I am a bit surprised she didn't tell you to just buy my book rather than send you my way," he said, settling into the armchair opposite of her. "She knows I'm not typically one for company."
"Understandable. And I do apologize for imposing on you." She took another sip of tea letting silence fall between them for a moment before speaking again. "It felt like she must have spotted something in me that she must have felt you would've liked."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:01 pm

"So, why do you want to know about The Water Man?" he asked.
"Learning about local folklore is always fascinating. Especially about ones that I haven't heard of before."
He didn't say anything for awhile, just watched her. While she normally would feel uncomfortable under such an intent gaze, with this man she felt different. It was still awkward but she didn't feel like trying to find an escape route, to get away from his view.
"His name was Edward Schaal," he finally said. "He was a young man when he and his wife moved to Wild Horse, a mining town. The only rock in the mountains though was obsidian, worth less than iron. One day, Edward found a rock vein no one had ever seen before. It produced a mesmerizing glow. Unfortunately, his discovery was soon forgotten due to tragedy striking Wild Horse that very night. The dam broke and flooded the area, no chance of escape. Many died that night... except for Edward, who miraculously woke up. He became known as the Water Man since then."
"And I take it this mysterious rock he uncovered is claimed to be the reason why he survived?" she asked.
The corner of his mouth rose and she saw a spark of delight in his eyes. "Yes, many believed it made him immortal. Some, my father included who was a boy then, believed it contained magical powers as well that helped defy death. He saw the Water Man bring dead animals back to life. And the story is that he has returned to the area where Wild Horse was to search for his wife's remains, in hopes of being reunited with her."
"Why the obsidian rocks hanging from the branches?"
"My father stated the Water Man started doing it during his searches for his wife," he replied. "While my rocks are not true obsidian, I like to pay homage to the legend. Plus it marks where I have looked to see if I can track down the Water Man himself."
He reached over to one of the bookshelves next to him, rummaging through the various books and papers stacked haphazardly there. He pulled out a folded piece and handed it over to her.
"It's a map of the forest," he stated. "That is a copy. Keep it. It's yours."
She traced her fingers over the various icons of landmarks placed on the colorful map of the forest surrounding the lake.
"Why do you seek the Water Man?"
"Originally it was because I hoped to see my father again," he replied. "Now it's just so I could prove to every one in this town that I'm not crazy."

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:13 pm

"Have you looked everywhere that's shown here on that map?" she asked, looking up at him.
"Almost." He leaned forward and tapped at a spot right in the middle of the map where it seemed to be in the deepest part of the map and least accessible portion of the lake. "Except around here. I got spooked and haven't been able to get the courage to go there again."
"What if you went with someone?"
"You really think anyone in this town would want to spend a day hiking around the forest with me?"
"Hard to believe they would look so poorly upon you," she commented.
"Don't waste your time with such flattery," he barked. "They consider me a mad man."
"They only consider you that because they lack the ability to understand the science of imagination," she retorted.
"Science of imagination?" He leaned back gazing at her with wide eyes.
She gestured at the books surrounding her. "I can tell you are an intelligent man, Mr. Bussey. You clearly have a lot of knowledge about the area outside of this Water Man knowledge. And I have found most stories - folklore, fairy tales, and the like - always contain a thread of truth. Or I suppose it should be a 'vein' of truth, in this case."
"What are you saying?"
"If you want to complete your search of the areas shown on this map, I will go with you to the spot you seemed so spooked by."
He brushed her suggestion aside as he shifted in his chair. "I don't want to waste anymore of your time with my nonsense."
"It's my time to decide on what I would like to do with it. And honestly... adventuring in the woods is exactly up my alley."
"You really would go with me?"
"You're really not that bad," she said, smiling. "If I felt the same way as the rest of this town does about you, as you make them sound like, I would have walked back out that door a long time ago."
She felt her smile slowly grow bigger as she watched him shift in his chair so more as if trying to hide his excitement.
"Very well then," he said. "Meet me here tomorrow at 8:00 AM in the morning. If you are late, I will not answer the door. No exceptions."
"Understood."
"No exceptions," he repeated, pointing a finger at her with his eyebrows furrowing intensely. His face then relaxed as he leaned back in his chair and continued to sip his own tea.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games