Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:27 am
I think the media subforum is a very good idea, I was also thinking about splitting up the woodwind and brass sumforum, and maybe thinking about incorporating a choral subforum to attract (even) more people.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:01 am
I have a request for a sticky for the board Official Drum Major Thread in the Marching Discussion subforum. Here's my reasoning:

There are stickies for all of the other sections, but no where for drum majors to meet other drum majors or for people interested in trying out to ask what it's like. I've seen a lot of threads asking for drum major advice or complaining about their drum majors, and I believe questions like that could be answered in our sticky. Our sticky can be for drum majors to meet other DMs and for band members to ask about band problems. Drum majors are meant to be the problem solvers of their band - I know I have a lot of advice on how to deal with problems with other band members and drum majors and whatever else that I could share with people who want some advice.

So...to whoever stickifies boards, please consider. Thanks!  

WickedSong

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:26 pm
Penguin - Well people donate to the guild for guild purposes. I'm talking about guild captains who spend the guild money on items for themselves and themselves only. Yeah sure they spend 20k on the guild, but that's to create the place, I don't think that gives them the right to misuse guild funds. There are a lot of guilds who tell their members not to donate to the guild itself and donate to a mule or something.

Tubariffic - I still stand by not separating the Woodwinds and Brass. We originally had them separated back in the day. Now I do admit the reason we combined them was they weren't active enough to be seperated, but another reason was there was a lot of "woodwinds are better" and "brass sucks" type of stuff. I don't know, I would just keep it the way it is. Yeah, right now we're having a huge wave of popularity, but who knows what the future may bring? Plus you don't want to spread things out too much . . . but that's my thoughts on the issue.

I actually thought about like creating a subforum about music you listen to and/or if you're starting up your own rock band and stuff like that. I saw a lot of requests talking about how they liked certain bands or were creating their own. Or you could combine a choral/singing/making your own rock band subforum. Once again just my thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:40 pm
I second NOT separating woodwind and brass. They're all just wind instruments in the end and they aren't really different enough to deserve their own subforums. That's what the section stickies are for. whee  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 pm
Choice join request of the day is:

"I love playing insrumens"

You know what? I love playing insrumens as well.

Tubar- I know you were looking into adding more mods, but have you thought about doing a one over on the mods you already have. I mean I know it's the holidays and all, but I've only really seen penguin and you being active (unless they're being all lurky).

I would also like to recommend bolding (or making it more noticeable) not to PM to be added to the guild. My inbox is ridiculous right now. And not only from people wanting to join the guild, but people thanking me for letting them join, and someone complaining that it's not "band nerds" but "band geeks." I ignore them, unless they want to join and then I send them an invite . . . but still . . . I would much rather just accept their request via the request log. And I know penguin said something about the joining application- you could make that more visible as well. Just some suggestions.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:34 pm
I think hornfreak is active too, even if he hasn't been locking threads...

And wow, sounds like I got lucky with PMs. I've only gotten one, a person thinking you had to apply by PM or something. I have a few thank-you comments, though...  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Holy crap! eek

I take a week off Gaia (school's been crazy, especially with Christmass around the corner. I got on the computer about 15 minutes a day) and we get the spotlight and like 3k in members...dang.

I feel kinda sad I have never gotten Pm'ed... sad

Edit: I like this request:

I NEED A GUILD SO I CAN SHOW OFF...UMMM AND OTHER STUF IF U DO TY!!!!I WILL GIFT U A RARE ITEM IN GAIA!

Edit of the edit: We need better rules. There a little sketchy. I'm seeing a lot of spam (compared to usual) but I feel the rules don't really forbid it. Same goes with the many repeat threads.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 pm
Huh? The rules already state that there shouldn't be any repeat threads.

- Are we going to allow gender specific section threads? I was going to lock them all and redirect people to the section threads we have stickied but I thought I'd post here about it just in case...? I personally don't think they're called for... >_>  

RinoaHeartilly

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:59 pm

It does. I just feel we should say: talk about instruments in the appropriate thread, don't post specific high schools/states, ect. I guess it's too broad. sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:24 pm
Yeah, I wish some people would READ. -_- Cuz' I mean honestly, those rules weren't typed up for Masq's health. =P

But oh well. There's always n00bs wherever you go. x) haha~  

RinoaHeartilly

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:36 pm
So many n00bs, it burns D=
I would feel bad demoting the classic mods, they are like collectibles. I think that once I am done sorting out what we need to do with subforums I am going to have mods assigned to a subforum instead of all for all subs, just like gaia does it.
So to do list:
Make rules more obvious
Find some active members to help us out
Create subforums for things to fit into
Assign mods to forums

So no separate wood wind brass, add a media, I was also thinking about creating a orchestra/choral sub and a like garage band kind of one (don't know what to call it)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:22 pm
...collectibles? XDDD

Best request ever:
Quote:
cuz i play instruments?

heart
I laughed so hard; it's the obvious thing you would think of, but like no one puts it down. xD

Sounds good Shiz~ ...or are people calling you something else these days? lol  

RinoaHeartilly

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:09 pm
You know Aelfwyn, I had the same request a few days ago. LOL. And i know the feeling Shiz, about demoting mods. I would usually PM them saying if they became active in Gaia again along with the guile, I would give them back their modship. But I would rather have mods that were active, than those who weren't. But it's up to you.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:32 pm

I would prefer I wasn't put on the guard/percussion sub. Really I have no knowledge in that field...I guess I would be clueless if a topic was repeat or not. dramallama

I don't want it to seem I'm not active because of my lack of posts. I do try to move threads and all that jazz. xp People like me just laugh at what other people put and lurk away.... ninja

Edit:
A Request:
rofl i love batoven and moseart rofl

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games