Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 pm
football season is over D=
we lost in the penultimate game of the playoffs.
Boo.
In other news, ima probably not gonna do winterguard tryouts, dance audition= ewww.
but I did learn how to do helicopters on flag/rifle. If only I could get my 5 toss from last year back D=  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:50 pm
Hm, oh well, dude.

Maybe next year'll go better for ya?

At least your team made it to playoffs...
Ours only won two games all season.
WE LOST AGAINST OUR RIVAL SCHOOL BY LIKE, FOUR POINTS OR SOMETHING...last game of teh season too...
DUDE. That's an epic fail...X_X  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 pm
Holy butt on a rope.
I just accepted at least 500 new members. w00t for featured!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:55 pm
I am new so I am just going to throw myself in...I play the Cello, and piano! (learning drums and guitar) Sadly I cant march with a cello XDD Just a little complicated!  

SuperKoolPartyGal

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:02 pm
Yay orchestra kids! We don't have that many D=  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:16 pm
Ahhh my inbox has been filled with people requesting to join. gonk  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:20 pm
Me too D=
I just invite them instead of correcting them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 pm
Holy CRAP. eek eek

I just went to check the join requests and OMFG. There are 4758395729486595827354 of them! eek

Yeah, I'm just taking a break from it right now. I think there are about 67586924875923486 more.

But yay! We're finally guild spotlight! biggrin biggrin

Edit: Okay, I finished them all, and I must say, I think we should make that little application (what instrument? how long have you been playing?) mandatory. 'Cause like, there were a bunch of applications like (these examples are paraphrased real ones) "plz let me join!" "im not a nerd but i do lots of random stuff!" "it really sounded good" "i like slipknot and evanescence and a bunch of crappy screamo bands" (okay that last one was paraphrased slightly more than the other ones). But yeah, some of them sound like they really aren't band nerds at all and would probably just make a bunch of off-topic threads, or they think that the guild is for like rock bands and stuff. That little application makes sure they're the kind of band nerd that belongs in this guild. sweatdrop  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

MapleWaffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:12 pm
thankies 4 letting me join ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:54 pm
Yeah I just invite them too, but it's still annoying. Spent like 30 minutes today accepting and declining requests and there's still like more to be done.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 pm
Yeah! I hate the ones that are all MCR IS TEH s**t!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm
Oh I've gotten some choice ones: "I don't know anything." "You're all dumb." There's also the life stories and my favorite "I have a billion trillion dollar instrument and with a billion trillon dollar accessory and that's why I should join." (I kid you not, that was a request to join.)

I decline ones that are insulting us, blank or didn't mention anything about liking music of band. Hell I've accepted ones that said "I'm a band nerd." Just got a PM asking why they weren't accepted . . .  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:05 am
I just thought of a pretty good idea for a subforum... maybe we could have a 'recordings' or 'media' subforum where people can share videos and sound clips of their band and stuff like that. Making a subforum for it would make it possible for everyone to have their own thread about stuff and still having it relatively organized. And it's not like there's much else to do with the gold sitting in the guild. *coughgaianeedstoletguildcaptainswithdrawgoldfromtheguildcough*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:37 am
That sounds fine. Someone PMed me about making a Sticky in the marching band forum for Drum Majors, since they lack their own thread. I told them to contact tubar or post the idea in here.

And the problem with the money in the guilds is that Gaia probably hasn't though of a way for captains to withdraw . . . without them misusing the system and withdrawing the gold for their own needs. I'm sure there is going to be some special things (like the subforum) that only the guild gold can be spent on. I know when I was still captain and part of the guild captain's guild (LOL) they said something about making like guild hall hangouts in towns that guilds could purchase. Ah well.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:40 am
What's wrong with the guild captains spending the gold for their own purposes? They did pay 20k for the guild in the first place, after all. And if people don't like what they guild captain is gonna do with the gold, they could always just not join the guild or not donate. 3nodding  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games