Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:14 pm

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:35 pm

Everyone asking how octavius knew osborn was the green goblin

It is bit of a plot error, I suppose. But on the other hand, perhaps not. We only know Norman didn't want his son Harry to know he was Green Goblin. He didn't exactly indicate about others.

Although the film didn't really elaborate on Otto's relations to Oscorp, in one of the Spider-Man games, Otto founded Oscorp with Norman. So, taking that into consideration, I'm sure Otto would still keep up-to-date on Norman's projects despite hard feelings from past unethical transgressions done by Norman. My theory is Otto knew about Norman's project. He probably heard about the stolen formula and equipment, and death of Norman's associate scientist that had been working on the project with him. Then obviously there's the appearance of Green Goblin who just happens to be using said equipment... and then the ultimate demise of Norman. While others may pass things off as unrelated because don't have the behind-the-scenes details, Otto would know better. He's an intelligent man. He would be able to connect the dots. The equipment was from Norman's project. Oscorp bought the business out from under Norman. Green Goblin is attacking Oscorp board members. So on and so forth. Otto doesn't need to be told directly that Norman Osborn = Green Goblin. He would be able to make the connection.

Especially when it's not the first scientist he's familiar with who would go to such lengths of testing an experiment on himself. *coughs*Dr. Connors/Lizard*coughs*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 pm

As for Harry... well... obviously by his track record at private schools and his comment to Otto about Peter "helping him get through high school science," he wouldn't have cared about any of that. He wasn't exactly close to his father. Not on a personable level anyway. To him, his Dad is probably just doing another science-y project. And based on his reaction to Otto's experiment/accident, all he cares about is fame and money. He doesn't care about the science aspect itself. So... he wouldn't have cared about what his father was doing and make the connections himself between Green Goblin's actions and his father's.

And the public? Pfft. You really think Oscorp is going to let that stick around. They would try to sweep it under the rug as quickly as they could. Just pass it off as some disgruntled employee taking advantage of the money and sources they provide for their own personal agendas. And as Jonah J. Jameson would state, if there's no new information/activity about someone (Green Goblin, Doc Ock), then there's no use to continue covering about them if it's not selling newspapers.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:14 am

Well... my throat is better this morning. But now I have a stuffy/semi-runny nose to deal with. Ugh.

My temp is still normal though, so... no concern on that aspect.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 am

User Image

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:21 am

I just want to be home relaxing and get over whatever this is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:25 am

At least it's my "Friday," so to speak. So I don't have to worry about any more work shifts after today until later in the week.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:18 am

"Parker!" called out the professor, spotting the young man about to exit the classroom.
"Sir?" answered Peter, turning back to look at him.
The professor held out a paper in his direction. "Here is the information regarding who I've assigned as your mentor, seeing as you haven't selected one yourself."
"Oh." Peter looked down at the paper attempting to read his professor's scribble-like writing for the name. All he could make out was Evaline.
"You have seemed to show quite a bit of interest in mechanized armor and such," continued his professor. "While others had shown similar interest, it's never been in the same lane as what you've expressed. I have a feeling the person I chose for you is exactly what you are needing to get better focus."
Peter looked up at his professor with curiosity. His professor glanced at the clock before looking back at Peter.
"I suspect you'll be able to find her in one of the laboratories at this time. No better time to introduce yourself, Parker."
"Oh, right," said Peter. "Thank you, sir."
The professor shook his head in exasperation as Peter exited the classroom.

Peter made his way down the hallway of laboratories. He was starting to think his professor was making a fool of him as he kept looking into dark, empty rooms. There wasn't even anyone roaming the halls in this section of the campus. Just when Peter was about to turn back around, his attention was caught by light shining through the door glass window of a laboratory at the very far end. He walked over glancing through the window seeing a figure hunched over a work table at the far front, machinery spread about them.
No turning back now.
Peter stepped through the door and winced when the door slammed behind him. The figure glanced over their shoulder revealing large googles over their eyes.
"Um, hi!" said Peter, lifting a hand in a meek greeting. "My professor said that I would be able to find a..." He pulled the paper out of his pocket to squint at the handwriting again. "Evaline. Evaline something. Sorry, I can't make out the last name."
"You must be Peter Parker," replied the individual standing up.
Peter was taken aback when he realized they were female and didn't sound much older than himself.
"Uh, yeah."
"Professor Rickborn said he had signed me up to be a mentor to one of his students. I was a bit confused at first," she said, pulling off the googles. "Until he mentioned that you were showing interest in mechanized armor and assistant devices. Along the same lines as what my Uncles worked on."
Peter found himself staring at the young woman standing before him. He had a sense he had seen her around before. Or maybe she reminded him of someone.
"Uncles?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:37 am

"To avoid sharing any repetitive information," she said, setting her googles on the work bench and almost trotting down the short set of stairs towards him. "What has Professor Rickborn told you about me?"
"Oh! What has he said about you?" said Peter. He shifted uncomfortably on his feet. "Well... uh... you see... uh... he actually didn't say anything."
"b*****d!" Evaline muttered under her breath, a frown appearing on her face. Then her face brightened up again as she looked at Peter directly, holding a hand out. "The name's Evaline. You're welcome to call me that... or Eve... or Eva... or even Lynn, if you so desire. I've been called all of them at this point."
"You're not exactly who I expected for a mentor," said Peter, shaking her hand. "Sorry."
"No, need to apologize," said Evaline, leaning back against a nearby work table. "I'm sure others would be confused as well about being assigned an English Literature major for a mentor for students in the Science department. However, you only got assigned to me because of my familiarity with my Uncles' work. They were pretty big deals in the Science field."
"Oh, wow!"
"I'm sure you've heard the name Norman Osborn and Otto Octavius before, right?"
Peter felt his grip on the paper in his loosen in correlation with his shock. The paper started to fall until it's descent was stopped by Evaline's hand whipping out to grab it.
"That... that can't be. They..."
"Geez... Professor Rickborn's handwriting just keeps worse by the moment," said Evaline, looking down at the paper. "No wonder you had a hard time figuring out who you were supposed to be meeting."
Peter finally was able to focus again on the woman before him and he realized why she looked familiar. She had similar features to the Otto Octavius he had met not too long ago. But he still didn't understand how it was possible both of the men could be existing in his world when they were part of that other Peter Parker's universe.
"You alright, Parker?" asked Evaline, looking over.
"Sorry," said Peter. "I just realized why it felt like you looked familiar. I... I met Otto Octavius awhile back."
She nodded and flashed a smile, handing the paper back to Peter. "I'm his niece. Through his wife Rosie."
"But you said Uncles, plural," said Peter. "How are you related to Osborn?"
"Not by blood like I am with Otto," answered Evaline. "Otto and Norman were best friends since their college days. Founded a company together. Shared their delights in expanding the family with each other. That's how I got to know Norman. My Uncle and him were always spending time together, bouncing their scientific ideas and theories with each other. Regardless of their prior disagreements about certain projects. After awhile, I felt so close with Norman that I just considered him like an Uncle. It stuck even as I grew older."
"Considering you were so close to two major scientists, it's bit of a surprise you went into English Literature instead," said Peter.
"I suppose I am more like my Aunt Rosie in that regard. She had a Doctorate in English Literature," replied Evaline. "Though you'll find the science influence still holds strong. Science Fiction and such is my main area of expertise."

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:45 am

"So, you know your Uncles' work pretty well?" asked Peter, after a moment of silence.
"The concepts and theories, sure. I know those front and back. If you ask me about the math, I'm afraid I'll leave that to the true scientific folks to figure out. I am good at math but was never a subject I ever found much interest in beyond what was required of me."
"I see."
"So, obviously Professor Rickborn sent you my way for a reason. What exactly are you interested in? Military advancements? Mechanical armor? Assistant devices?"
"I... I suppose a little bit of everything. You see... I've used... I mean... I am familiar with the work Tony Stark has done."
Peter realized he had almost slipped information out that would've connected him to being Spider-Man.
"Ah, yes," said Evaline smiling. "His work is quite impressive from what I've seen. And I'm not talking about the whole Iron Man aspect. Such a shame he never got to meet Norman and Otto. I really feel like they would've had hell of a time together."
"You think you can help me?" asked Peter. "I know I'm still pretty vague on what I want to focus on but..."
"I completely understand," replied Evaline. "Stark has covered quite a few different fields of interest with his work. Honestly, I feel its better for us to start off vague and work on narrowing it down, rather than being so narrow in viewpoint. Easier to gather up all of those resources you'll be needing to gather up for the final paper."
"Final paper?"
Evaline waved at him. "Hi, English major here. We know a lot about researching and writing papers. Together we'll be a force to be reckoned with."
Peter laughed at that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 pm

"So, uh... what are you working on?" asked Peter, gesturing to the mechanical parts on the far workbench.
"You want to see?" asked Evaline, her eyes brightening.
Peter smiled at her and again felt a wave of deja vu. He had seen that same look of curiosity and fascination on Otto's face.
"I have taken the basic blueprints of my Uncle's - Otto's - work and have utilized current light weight materials to create a real life piece," said Evaline. "It's still a work in progress and I haven't been able to put it into action to test my theories out... but I believe with the resources we now have available we will still be able to achieve the same goals but will be cutting back on the weight and increase the flexibility and movability of the mechanisms."
Peter stared down in shock at what was laying upon the table. What he thought was just mechanical parts was actually a fully designed mechanical arm with pincher-like pieces at the end. A mechanical arm very similar to the ones that were permanently attached to Dr. Otto Octavius' back.
"I know that look," said Evaline, sensing Peter's hesitation.
Peter looked over at her.
"The other professors and scientists who utilize this campus gave the same look when they learned what I was tinkering around with. Though I have to say... yours seems a bit more friendly than the others," said Evaline. "I'm sure you wondered why this part of the campus was so empty when he came to track me down."
"It crossed my mind."
"These aren't the classroom labs. These are labs available to anyone with permission to utilize. When you choose to use them, you are assigned specific days and times. So, as you can probably ascertain, the others learned what I was working on... and in turn decided to avoid being in the area when I'm here."
"I'm... sorry."
Evaline shrugged as she sank into her chair.
"I'm used to it by now," she said. "Hard not to get treated like an outsider when both of your Uncles ended up being changed into super villains."
"Wait, super villain?"
"Oh, come now," she laughed. "Don't tell me you've been living under a rock. Surely you are aware of the so-called terrors of the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus."
"Oh, I've heard of them," he replied. "He made some encounters."
"And you survived. Impressive."
"Barely."
Peter could see that she was looking at him more closely now. Like an interesting specimen she needed to observe and uncover hidden secrets from. He shifted uncomfortably under her gaze. Noticing this, she shook her head and glanced down at the mechanical arm, almost petting the claw as if it was a creature's head.
"Otto would've loved you."
"But not Norman?"
"Norman was always hard to read. He was more business focused than personal. It's probably why Norman and Otto got along so well. They could balance each other out."

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm

"If you are aware of the unwelcome attitudes from others around here, why do you come to use these labs?" asked Peter.
"Got to do something to pass the time between classes," replied Evaline. "The library's collection is quite pathetic. And I've already read a majority of them that aren't encyclopedias or similar texts."
"So, why the mechanical arms?"
"I guess out of sentimentality. Otto was so proud of them when he built them," said Evaline. "Made sure to keep them under hush-hush, not because he was trying to do something he wasn't supposed to. But because he wanted to impress his colleagues. Did a whole big reveal with them. Despite the unfortunate history associated with them, they are still quite an impressive piece of machinery. With a few adjustments, it could be quite beneficial in many departments. Especially areas that still require a human's touch, so to speak."
"They were quite impressive."
Evaline looked at him for a moment.
"Be honest with me, Peter," said Evaline. "How did you meet Otto?"
"I... it's... uh... complicated..."
"Like Green Goblin-experiment gone wrong complicated... or multi-universe encounter complicated?"
Peter startled at her question and stared at her with wide eyes. She smiled as she nodded.
"My Uncle spoke of a student he was told about. A Peter Parker. Brilliant but lazy. But that doesn't seem to match you."
"You... you believe in multiple universes?" asked Peter carefully.
"Hard not to when you're not even supposed to be here," replied Evaline. "I mean, I'm supposed to be here at this campus... but not this version."
"So..." started Peter.
"How did I get here?" prompted Evaline, receiving a subtle nod from Peter. "I've been trying to figure that out. It's why I spent so much time looking through this college's library."
"But you're not supposed to remember..."
"Remember what?"
"Nevermind."
"Anyway... all I can figure out is it might have something to do with the encounters Spider-Man had with my Uncles and the others they collectively call the Sinister Six. Not exactly the most original name... but it still has a nice ring."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Ugh. I'm so congested. At least it's stopped doing so much running like it was this morning.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm

User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games