Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Muhahahaha! I have created an Doc Ock cosplay for my avi to switch to after the New Year festivities. Mostly pulled inspiration from scenes from Spider-Man 2... with a couple references to his NWH appearance.

There was one item that could've worked for his arms but no one is offering it up for sale in the marketplace. So I'll just go with the alternative item I'll be using.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:45 pm

And switched to my New Years attire now.

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Okay... I got an alternate idea of how my OC-self could get tied in with Doc Ock's story. So, his wife Rosie was attending college for English Literature, right? Maybe she got her PhD or whatever and ended up becoming a professor at the college. IRL I'm an English major with a Bachelors. So... it wouldn't be too far off that my Spiderverse self could be a student in the English department who is taken under the wing of Rosie... and thus crosses paths with Otto. And since I am fascinated with science fiction stuff, I could easily be fascinated with his work and what not. *laughs* I don't know... it's an alternate connection to the Uncle part.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:07 pm

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:12 pm

CONFRONTATIONAL & DISAPPOINTED … SENTENCE STARTERS

“Do it. You won’t.”

"It doesn't have to be like this," she said, slowly edging closer to the man before her. "You know me. You've watched me grow up. But don't think for one second I won't do everything in my power to bring back the man I came to love and call my Uncle."
"Sorry, dearie," said the green-clad man, a wide smile stretching across his face. "Norman Osborn isn't home. But I'll make sure he gets the message should he ever come back."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:16 pm

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:45 pm

"I will not let this project get destroyed just because of you wanting to play hero!" the man exclaimed, pushing her away.
She stumbled backwards before landing backwards into the backless chair. The clamps on the armrests quickly snapped shut over her wrists.
"Nooooo!" She heard Otto yell out.
She glanced over at him with confusion for a moment just as she felt the metallic spine of the machine behind her slide into place and screamed as the pinpoint needles dug into her skin to connect to her nervous system. The pain caused her vision to start blacking out and she slumped forward.
The man laughed after turning to see what the commotion was about. "Well, would you look at that? The apprentice really is following her predecessor's footsteps."
"__________?" Otto called out under his breath.

User Image

Hearing his voice brought her back into the moment, pulling her away from the darkness she had almost slipped under. The pain had resided though the tingling sensation still echoed through her body. She kept her eyes closed as she processed the new sensations coursing through her. Although she could feel the weight of the metallic arms on her back, she was surprised by how light they managed to be for their size. She knew this was one of the improvements she had made from Doctor Octavius' designs. New light-weight materials to achieve the same concept.

He's worried about you.

She opened her eyes hearing the strange voice in the back of her mind.

We can't let things be this way.

Things? What things?

"_______?" inquired Otto again, quietly.

She looked up at Otto and flashed him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I'm okay. It'll just... take time... to adjust."

"So, what lesson have we learned?" the man asked, stepping in front of her blocking her view of the Doctor.

Now!

She realized now what she was hearing. It was the mechanical arms. She had heard about the sensation from Doctor Octavius. Reaching a hand up to her beck, she felt the metal trailing down her spine and the small section where the chip resided that helped her maintain control over the arms. It was then that she realized what she had done; the clamps on the chair's armrests had been unlocked by the mechanical arms. They had done it based on her subconscious thoughts of wanting to get free.

"What lesson have I learned?" she asked, both standing on her own and the mechanical arms supporting her by the ground to lift her slightly into the air and away from the chair towards him. "That you are an idiot like all of the others.

User Image

Otto turned to look at his own mechanical arms seeing them move forward slightly as if watching the scene unfold before them. He could hear their digital voices in his head indicating statements of pride and amazement. He didn't blame them; he was proud of how quickly she had adapted.

"This is going to be fun," he commented.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:55 pm

User Image User Image User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:58 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:00 pm

There we go. Now I've got a nice collection of Doc Ock "mood" images (I guess that's what they would be called) to work with. Definitely helps with the whole sporadic writing snippets I do, lol.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Ugh. So hard to let the creative juices flow when I have a resident constantly calling across the lobby asking what time it is or whether he can go into the dining room yet when we've (staff) already answered him multiple times in the past half hour. So annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Sad days. Looks like what little snow we did get at my place has already melted away, just like the snow here at work. Snowflakes keep falling but doesn't seem to be accumulating right now. Might change when it gets colder again during the night.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:20 pm

"Oh, you'll love him," said Rosie, glancing over her shoulder at her student. "Of all my students, I think you are the only one who will understand his love for his work."
"Even if I don't understand all of the scientific lingo and concepts?"
"Even then," replied Rosie, with an amused chuckle as she held the door open.

User Image

Stepping inside, she found a small gathering of people - professors, students, and individuals in suits - circled around a man who was deep in presentation speech. As she expected, she wasn't able to follow completely on what was being said aside from picking up on certain key words.
"Isn't he amazing?" said Rosie from beside her.
"Certainly seems to know how to put on a good presentation," she replied.
"And that is all I can share with you for the time being," said the man before them. "Thank you for taking the time to come check out the amazing work my team and I have been working on."
A few individuals dawdled to exchange some words with the man but overall they didn't stay very long afterwards.
"Tough crowd," she said.
"Like I said. Most don't share the same enthusiasm as he does," replied Rosie. "Come on. Let me introduce you."
She followed after Rosie meekly suddenly getting a sensation of nervousness. Her gaze darted around at the various mechanical contraptions around her and observing the work the man's team was doing on various machines.
"Otto, honey," said Rosie, finally reaching her husband after the last guest left.
"Ah, there's my wife," he said, a huge smile coming across his face.
"Forgive me for not being here during the entirety of your speech but I had some urgent business to discuss with a student of mine," said Rosie, turning and holding an arm out towards her.
"A student? This wouldn't happen to be _________, now would it?" asked the man, walking down the stairs.
"I didn't realize I was talked about," she stated, looking at Rosie with confusion.
Rosie smiled back at her.
"All good things, I assure you," he replied, before holding a hand out. "Doctor Otto Octavius. Pleasure to meet you."
"Pleasures all mine," she replied, turning her attention back.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:22 pm

La di da...

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Hmm... I should see if Spider-Man 2 is an option for me to use my work acknowledgement points for or not. Be cool if I could get it for essentially free and not spend any money for it. I mean it doesn't cost that much even in blu-ray form... but.... still... being "gifted" it would be nice. xd

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games