Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:53 pm
Welcome Students, House-elves, and Staff!
As you may or may not know, the beginning of Fall Term is a very special occasion. Why? Because it's House Spirit Week!
During House Spirit Week, we show pride for our House and HPGoG.
Unfortunately, the 2010 House Spirit Week didn't start too smoothly.
Thanks to Professor Baloony (who escaped from Azkaban and caused trouble for everyone, including house-elves) our festivities have begun a little bit behind schedule.
More information about that can be found in the posts below.

Secondly, in honor of House Spirit, we've decided that themes for our clothing will represent the elements. As you may or may not know, the four Houses each correspond to an element! (Gryffindor = Fire; Slytherin = Water; Ravenclaw = Air; and Hufflepuff = Earth.)
So make sure you dress accordingly (Sept 13 - Sept 17) 3nodding
Monday = Fire day
Tuesday = Water day
Wednesday = Air (Wind) day
Thursday = Earth day
Friday = Combination of the Elements AND/OR Combination of House Colors

Finally, it is with great pleasure that I bring the Start of Term feast back to the Great Hall. The Feast hasn't been held here in quite a few terms, so please enjoy (and thanks Professor Tina Aurora for the suggestion)! This thread will, of course, be the headquarters for the Event, which lasts until September 18.
Enjoy the Feast, post a lot, and read below for other ways to get involved in the House Spirit Festivities!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:55 pm
General Rules

• Follow Guild Rules (which includes Gaia TOS)

• Show your Guild Pride!! Remember the themes for each day!

• Take part in the Celebration!! We really want to see some posting during this event. All general chatting should be done in the Great Hall. Please do not post in your common rooms until classes* begin

• Spirit Week only lasts a Week, so lets keep everything fun and clean. Nothing wrong with healthy competition (hint, hint)

More Rules will be added if needed.
    *There may be an important announcement about Fall Term classes.

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:56 pm
The (Other) Festivities

As mentioned before, ex-Professor Baloony (former crazy Professor here at HPGoG) escaped from Azkaban. Before I was able to send him back, he bewitched FOUR giants to wreak havoc upon our school! The Heads have decided to not let this dampen our Celebrations.

Instead, the Heads decided to have the Students help push back the Giants in a friendly competition! I assure you that you will be in no danger!
This is an Inter-House Competition, so you must be a student to participate.
For more information and to help your House WIN visit Runaway Giants.

I must also mention that the House-Elves also are dealing with some trouble. ex-Professor Baloony released an evil Poltergeist into the Kitchens.
Professor Tina Aurora will give you more information! Head over to Poltergeist in the Pear (if you're a house-elf) to help!

Also, our Head Elf has a very special task from me. For the first time ever, we, HPGoG, will crown a Homecoming King, Queen, Prince, and Princess! That's a mouthful no? Well head on over to Spirit Week Homecoming King and Queen for more information and to learn how to vote!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:58 pm
House Spirit King and Queen

And what school would be complete without having a Homecoming King, Queen, Prince and Princess?

No school!

HPGoG has decided to let you in on this little Muggle tradition.

This post will be reserved for those lucky, congenial members. Winners will be announced Friday, September 17.

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:00 pm
Prizes

We have some wonderful Prizes waiting for the Winner’s of each Competition including but, not limited to Gold and House Points.

You may even get something special. wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:01 pm
Attendance

User Image
xOmishu_uhsimOx
x_EnDrIa_x
Animekitty47
Oshenukhar

User Image
Stardust Disaster
B-A-Y-F-C

User Image
Lyra Elizabeth

User Image
DownAzzLette
stormysgirl13
Ume Tanaka
b e a r - c h o o
techpriest35

Post Counts (w/o Grads)

Gryffindor: 22
Hufflepuff: 13
Ravenclaw: 3
Slytherin: 34

Last update: ...
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:51 pm (EST)
Last Poster : b e a r - c h o o(EST __ hours)  

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:03 pm
heart Reserved heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:46 pm
User Image

Kamalia-Mingan walks into the hall and goes to take a seat while looking around the room.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm
Sonas skips in merrily before sitting down next to Kamalia.
"Oh spirt week sounds fun. I'm a bit confused though, do all members of diffrent houses dress up for the assigned house or only the one's who've been sorted there?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:08 pm
User Image

Looks at Sonas and tilts head for a second. I think we are suppose to dress as the theme for the day. Like today dress up for a fire theme and so forth. Not really sure though.

((Although i do have a question for myself. Does our tektek count for the dress up or do our Avi's have to dress up to count for it?))

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xOmishu_uhsimOx

9,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm
❤ ▍▍ █ ██ ████████ Leonette 'Leo' Marylin Petronella ❤ Half-blood ❤ 12-years-old ❤ Gryffindor ❤ First year ❤ Willow, 10 ½", phoenix feather ❤ Brighteyes, gray kitten ████████ ██ █ ▍▍❤

❤ ▍▍ █ ██ ████████████████████████████ ██ █ ▍▍❤
Leonette is the first Gryffindor to enter the stupendously decorated Great Hall. The walls of the Hall are lined with luxurious tapestries accommodating the emblems of each house and by the ceiling, thousands of candles glitter like stars in the evening sky. Down the center of each table is a silk runner portraying the house's colors. Finally, at the far end of the room, a long table stands against the back wall; this table must be for the teachers and headmaster she thought to herself.

As she walked down the aisle between the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor tables, Leo overheard the words of a Slytherin from the opposite side of the Hall echo on the high ceiling. "I'm pretty sure everyone dresses up on each day regardless of which house they're in, at least I am assuming so," she answered to the voice.

She continued on her path and sat down at the farthest end of the Gryffindor table, closest to the teachers' table, and awaited the arrival of the others.
❤ ▍▍ █ ██ █████████████████████████████ ██ █ ▍▍❤

{I think it should be fine if you just dress up your tekteks :3 I'm going to dress my actually avi though and the dressing up doesn't start until next Monday}

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm
[[@Omi: I thought it was going to be Slytherin House reunion lol]]

IceeWitch

Sylvie Windren

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:29 pm
Ume trots into the Great Hall...her ghost stalker following behind. She sits down with the other Slytherins. "Hello everyone."

She smiles and starts to think about what she can wear for Spirit week, for she doesn't have many clothes to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 pm
Sonas grins at Ume...."Hello."
She nods at Leonette feeling a bit sorry that no other students from her house have joined her.
"Well, dressing up should be fun. Perhaps James could help me change my hair color, though it may be safer to just dye it like muggles do." Her nose crinkles at the thought.

Nite of Storms

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:11 pm
*Alicia elf walks in happily!*

Alicia elf is picking out great outfits for theme days!!!

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games