Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:45 pm
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja
Oh yeah! I forgot to ask. How big is a Epic Imperial Warlord Titan compared to a dreadnaught?
Im not sure but probly not too far off

I need to know, cause I wanna make a non-tradtional Dred for my Samurai Army, one that looks more humanoid, and I can make it look like ancienct Samurai Armor.
Id say use washers to make it higher & for shits & giggles use a termi body with some extra green stuff for his body & head

I'd do it, but I want something that still looks like a dread, and the Titan still has the same kinda style and stuffs.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:56 pm
Usagi Ninja
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja
Oh yeah! I forgot to ask. How big is a Epic Imperial Warlord Titan compared to a dreadnaught?
Im not sure but probly not too far off

I need to know, cause I wanna make a non-tradtional Dred for my Samurai Army, one that looks more humanoid, and I can make it look like ancienct Samurai Armor.
Id say use washers to make it higher & for shits & giggles use a termi body with some extra green stuff for his body & head

I'd do it, but I want something that still looks like a dread, and the Titan still has the same kinda style and stuffs.
Tactial dreadnaught armour. its still the same thing just smaller  

Reddemon

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:13 pm
nonono. Buy the forge world MK IV Dread to start with...
It's got the body section already installed.
The shoulders are also curved inwards more than they are flat, acting as a better base for a "samurai style" shoulder pad. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:53 pm
Maybe if she lived in the uk. anythin that is 18pounds there is 40 in canada. not everyone can afford to get forge world items no matter how serious they are  

Reddemon

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:42 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
The shoulders are also curved inwards more than they are flat, acting as a better base for a "samurai style" shoulder pad. 3nodding

You know, if I do decide to go with a "regular" style dread, a FW one would be great, considering that it had a "face", which I can use to make it more of a Samurai Style. Not to mention FW has Left arm Lascannon and right arm close combat. Though, I still wanna sword like close combat arm. But, you've put me on a good alternate path, thanks. ^^

Reddemon
Maybe if she lived in the uk. anythin that is 18pounds there is 40 in canada. not everyone can afford to get forge world items no matter how serious they are

I'm in the USA, have a well paying job for being 17, and am a dude. I've posted in the guild here before... I guess not just enough for you to remember my male avatar before my Finacèe changed it. xd sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:43 pm
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

You know, if I do decide to go with a "regular" style dread, a FW one would be great, considering that it had a "face", which I can use to make it more of a Samurai Style. Not to mention FW has Left arm Lascannon and right arm close combat. Though, I still wanna sword like close combat arm. But, you've put me on a good alternate path, thanks. ^^

Reddemon

I'm in the USA, have a well paying job for being 17, and am a dude. I've posted in the guild here before... I guess not just enough for you to remember my male avatar before my Finacèe changed it. xd sweatdrop
sword arm? Grey Knights MK IV Dreadnought.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:10 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha

Ya know, something bugs me about the Forge World Grey Knight Dred and it's sword arm. It's the fact that GK all use their Close Combat weapons in their right hand, not their left. Plus, I want my army to all be right handed anyways. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to convert it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:11 pm
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

Ya know, something bugs me about the Forge World Grey Knight Dred and it's sword arm. It's the fact that GK all use their Close Combat weapons in their right hand, not their left. Plus, I want my army to all be right handed anyways. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to convert it.
In assualt squads, they give you cahianswords and pistols for bth arms. 3nodding  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:25 pm
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

In assualt squads, they give you cahianswords and pistols for bth arms. 3nodding

Yep, I know that. That's why I'm waiting until my set for molding stuff to come in, so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them from GW. But, I've also made a couple Katana (Samurai sword) arms, so they look cooler.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:32 pm
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

Yep, I know that. That's why I'm waiting until my set for molding stuff to come in, so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them from GW. But, I've also made a couple Katana (Samurai sword) arms, so they look cooler.
I dunno, 30$ for all those bits in an assault squad is actually a pretty damn good deal, by comparison to alot of their other stuff.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:56 pm
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

I dunno, 30$ for all those bits in an assault squad is actually a pretty damn good deal, by comparison to alot of their other stuff.

Yeah, but I'm not allowed to buy anything more until I've painted all the stuff I have. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:06 pm
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

Yeah, but I'm not allowed to buy anything more until I've painted all the stuff I have. sweatdrop
Oh, I see.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:09 am
hell ive got stuff ill never paint. and no longer know why i bought them. I knew i should have gone with the army case instead of the Battle for Maccragge  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:14 am
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
DarkElf27
Usagi Ninja
Cagalli Yura Attha

I said that. I've still got 30 models to paint. Only 5 are undercoated and 5 primed for the red coat. gonk  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 am
ive got to put trak and track guards on my leman russ and chimera. then ive got to paint the track then do cammo on the tanks then do detail oh and also need to build a squad of guardsmen and at least get them painted  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games