Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:46 pm
Shadow of an Illusion
Dr Who would be proud of my sky.

Postaphoto?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:48 pm
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion

Postaphoto?

Is that really considered a single word now?  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 pm
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion

Postaphoto?

I would love to but the camera is in my parents room. And I think it might be broked but I haven't told them yet so it's not official.

Edit:
It's got lighter anyway, it's ruined.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 am
I demand an explanation for this bullshit.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:58 am
As a child, I once tried to explain to my parents that Jesus must have been Dr Who, just that his name would be in a foreign/ancient language because of where and when he lived...

Mum and Dad just looked at me, rather bemused for about twenty minutes before my father asked, very slowly, how I had reached this conclusion.

You see, the problem was that I was having trouble understanding that Gallilee and Gallifrey were not, in fact, the same place.

It made perfect sense at the time...In my defence, I WAS only four years old. stare Yes, I can remember that far back.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:39 am
Heh.

To be fair, the writers seem to have trouble drawing that same distinction.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:49 pm
That was good. Overall plotline was pretty cheesey but the little things like The Face of Bo and Titanic made it good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:14 pm
Aisa
The Face of Bo

Noes. Do not want.

Jack != the Face of Boe. It contradicts everything that's already been established about both characters (the Face of Boe as a separate species, Jack as a fixed point, etc.). Consistency is beyond cool, and therefore I refuse to believe it.

Besides Jack's been all over the time line; I find it hard to believe he doesn't know who the [actual] Face of Boe is. He was totally messing with their heads. And don't even get me started on how irksomely -- if it is true -- they just threw it in there at the end. They massively limited the number of options they had for the character, and they did it for absolutely no reason because it wasn't related to the plot at all.

And frankly... the episode itself was just cringe-worthy and a massive disappointment. No love from me. neutral

On a related note, the talk page for Face of Boe on Wikipedia is filled with hilarity.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:14 pm
I don't watch Doctor who much and I don't think I've ever seen Torchwood...Have I missed out on much?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 pm
Creatio ex Nihilo
I don't watch Doctor who much and I don't think I've ever seen Torchwood...Have I missed out on much?

You're probably better off not having watched Torchwood.

In terms of Doctor Who, it depends on how you feel about light scifi. The first season was really good, the second was okay, and the third was generally good up to the latter half of the penultimate episode and the season finale. In terms of continuity, it's not all that necessary to have seen previous seasons to "get it".

However;

Do not want... neutral  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:01 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Creatio ex Nihilo

You're probably better off not having watched Torchwood.

In terms of Doctor Who, it depends on how you feel about light scifi. The first season was really good, the second was okay, and the third was generally good up to the latter half of the penultimate episode and the season finale. In terms of continuity, it's not all that necessary to have seen previous seasons to "get it".

However;

Do not want... neutral

I saw the "ancient" episode with the broken clocks and weird robotty things which ticked...and I saw the second one with the cat people and Face of Beau or however you spell it...but that's about it...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:52 am
Foetus In Fetu
Do not want... neutral

Oh gods, why!?  

Smigg-the-Miserable

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 am
I don't know. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:29 pm
Actually, if everyone in the world thinks "THAT WAS s**t" at the same time, could that episode be caused to never have been?

Big disappointment, especially as the previous five were tip-toppingly excellent.  

[Finrod]

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 am
Foetus In Fetu
Aisa
The Face of Bo

On a related note, the talk page for Face of Boe on Wikipedia is filled with hilarity.

lol, merge, don't merge, merge, don't merge. Imagine spending all your time doing that, eh?

I'm on the wagon that it's a theory as to where he came from, it tickled me, I think that is what it was supposed to do- not piss you off for ruining continuity. Boe has always been one of my favourites, I just want to hug his big jar. mrgreen  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff