Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pan de Muerto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 pm
Bonsoir. My name is Pan, and I'm not a (captial-P) Pagan (I am a little-p pagan by default, however, seeing as I'm not a Christian, Jew or Muslim). I have a habit of lurking among groups of people that I don't belong to.

Philosophically I am a vagabond and a scrap-collector...I like to pick up different ideas from all kinds of places. And while I do try them on now and then, I like to keep myself open to change and not take things like that so seriously; In the end, I prefer to simply "be".

My mother and grandmother were very into divination and such. Their influence has rubbed off on me in the form of Western Astrology--Regardless of how much I believe in Astrology, I still use it as one of my ways of viewing and explaining the world. It has been integrated into my lexicon...I find myself saying, "It's probably because he's an Aries," in the matter-of-fact way someone else might say, "It's probably because he's from the Smith family".

I joined this guild because it seemed fun and interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:23 am
I've said a few things here already on some threads, but I thought it best to introduce myself now for various reasons. (I was "testing the waters", so to speak, before now.)

I'm Jewels, a pagan who has had at least passing familiarity with many paths. I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert on anything, but I have a few ideas. Nuri was kind enough to invite me after posting on my own "pagan fundamentalism" thread. I'm here to learn, to make friends, and to to have discussions (though, I may lurk a long time on a thread before posting). I am also trying, with some difficulty, to determine the meaning of "fluffy bunnyism", to determine if I suffer from it. From what I can surmise, there is a difference between being emotionally sensitive and preferring kindness to being a "fluffy bunny".

I also like to make jokes, but don't mistake this for a lack of interest or reverence. I try not to take such things too far. I just think humor is valuable as something that can bring people closer ( Then again, it can drive them apsrt, as well, so I know I'll have to be careful. ) .

Thank you for your time and feel free to go to my profile to learn more about me.  

Hybrid Jewel

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:56 am
As I don't think I've intro'd myself yet... here goes.

I don't account myself the title of anything. Except maybe: Student

I follow a path based on the Greek mythos and will be starting a group with a friend here in my home town in Florida. Dionysos is our focus as of now but I hope to follow my patron a bit closer because of these actions. (Apollon)

I was raised Baptist and many other forms related to it. It didn't sit well with me and I then branched out. Picked up a few books on witchcraft I decided I would dedicate myself for a year and a day of learning. Three years later I was still learning and decided I didn't want to practice the way the books said I "should". I then fell into the lap of my chosen family and since my knowledge base as increased each day. It also helps that the house I live in has Two full bookshelves of books based on faith and spirituality. I can be fluffy but most it will be in jest.

As a student of psychology I tend to look at things in many facets before leaping into it. I like to ask a ton of questions and sometimes they are just to see the response of others. I tend to learn through others as well as what I take in from my own experiences.

Look me up if you would like to know more. Oh and today is my Birthday.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 pm
Hello all! *waves shyly*

I'm Jess, nice to meet you nice folks. I've come here to learn all I can, because a) there's a lot to be learned, and b) having a lousy memory makes it hard to retain it all sweatdrop Plus, PhantomPhoenix0 poked me to join for some reason *shakes fist at him*

In case you can't tell, I'm not big on putting myself out for people to see, so I'll mostly be lurking, watching your ever move, taking notes, and waiting for that one moment you leave yourselves open ninja Naw, just kidding, I'll just listen, learn, and occasionally make a fool out of myself sweatdrop

I was one of those typical teenagers you hear about, looking for anything to escape Christianity as represented by oppressive wardens - I mean parents (the stories I could tell…). Naturally, I found a shitload of stuff and got all confuzzled by it, mixed up facts until it was all a big mushy mess, and to this day I’m cleaning up sweatdrop

I strongly relate to LaVeyan Satanism (contrary to what it seems, this is not an act of rebellion, as previously I had researched various other paths that seemed, at the time, less intimidating), however, I don’t feel that it erases the possibility of supernatural occurrences (feel free to argue me on this, I have no objection to ever being proven wrong), and multiple personal experiences have cause me to search for more, maybe talking to you guys will help me find out what it is.

Thank you very much for your time, and the patience my ignorance will no doubt soon be demanding of you.  

sparrow_carol

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 am
sparrow_carol
PhantomPhoenix0 poked me to join for some reason *shakes fist at him*
Haven't seen him around lately. But yes- he can be a very bad influence on folks.

Quote:
Thank you very much for your time, and the patience my ignorance will no doubt soon be demanding of you.
Kiddo- compaired to some, you're a delight!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:06 am
TeaDidikai
sparrow_carol
PhantomPhoenix0 poked me to join for some reason *shakes fist at him*
Haven't seen him around lately. But yes- he can be a very bad influence on folks.

Name one time rolleyes  

PhantomPhoenix0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:36 am
PhantomPhoenix0

Name one time rolleyes
Hello? You brought her here?!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:53 am
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0

Name one time rolleyes

And this makes me a "very bad influence"?  

PhantomPhoenix0

sparrow_carol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:20 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0

Name one time rolleyes

Hey, you just asked for one example. If you wanted the book you should have said so!

By the way, thanks TeaDidikai! Nice to know I haven't worked my way to the bottom of the barrel - yet sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:41 am
PhantomPhoenix0

~looks around~ You threw her in to the likes of these people? eek

sparrow_carol

By the way, thanks TeaDidikai! Nice to know I haven't worked my way to the bottom of the barrel - yet sweatdrop
Tea for short. And don't worry about it. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. A lack of knowledge is not the same as willful ignorance after all.  

TeaDidikai

Firenation Innara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:43 pm
Hello all. my name is Nekura, and to get this out of the way, my obsession with Harry Potter has nothing to do with my interest in Paganism and said paths. ^^

So, for the past 3 years since i've cast aside my Mormon birthrelgion, I have been searching for a new and fitting religion for myself. Something that I can relate to and actually believe in. So far, certain branches and specific ideals of Paganism have been most fitting. I have explored briefly many branches of paganism. I am still rather un-knowlaged, but for a year or so I was sucked into the writings of certain Fluffy-bunny authors, *coughravenwolfcough* And was wrenched out of the curse by a very good, intelligent friend.

The path i've been loosely following is Dianic Paganism. I have been practicing hollistic healing (which isnt stricktly a religious ritual) and Tarot for years now, even before i was interested in something other than a type of chrstianity.

Now maybe some non-religion based interests about me.

I am half Japanese, and I lived there for 8 years, where my mother (even though my family was mostly mormon) taught me the ideals of Shinto Animism, th belief that every single living thing, rocks, trees, grass, animals...Everything has a soul. When i was about 8, my mother and father decided to move us to the US, where I live now. Other than shinto animism, i didn't care for much about the Japanese traditional culture until i left it. I am now an avid koto and shamisen student, as well as student of tea ceremony. I am a fan of most litterature, i read quickly and accuratley. I mostly read fantasy, and science fiction. I love movies of most kinds, unless they are boring all out action flicks. I also love writing and art.

I also have been extreemly interested in anything egyptian all my life, as well as herbs and whatnot (which usually goes hand in hand with Hollistic healing)

I love talking, and if there are any questions about japanese culture...I can fill you in ^^ I love being PM'd with questions. I wont bore you with any more random details.

Thank you for your time in accepting me to this guild, as well as reading this (if you did) and for your time. ^^ I hope to get to know and get along with all of you. (im fairly easy to get along with)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:14 pm
Hi - I'm new to this guild. I'm also fairly new to paganism (about a year). Although I've studied Celtic history and folklore on and off for about 13 years, I made the decision to pursue a pagan path just this past fall. My current path is probably best described as a combination between Druidism and Celtic Reconstructionism. My main focus is trying to learn as much as I can...which isn't always easy considering the large amount of misinformation that is out there.  

Arianrhod9

Milendil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:13 pm
Um, hello...I am called Lost Elf here on Gaiaonline, although another name I went by for a long time online was Eldar (it mean's Elf in Quenya). Hmm...I have been trying to study metaphysics since 7th grade, so about six years and counting...more recently got into paganism...which still confuses me to high heavens...

Um, maybe a little about me then? I live in the States and am constantly hating it...I'd rather be in the Old Countries like England or Germany...but NO, I'm stuck here living in a very good magical community (I've been told) that is apparently underground and refuses my entrance.

Let's see...I used to think I could comunicate with Mother Earth, but have recently found that I am dead to Her, just like I am dead to everything else.

That's pretty much it...unless you really want more...which I would be willing to give in future conversations...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:01 pm
Lost Elf

Let's see...I used to think I could comunicate with Mother Earth, but have recently found that I am dead to Her, just like I am dead to everything else.

That's pretty much it...unless you really want more...which I would be willing to give in future conversations...
Curious- which "Mother Earth" would that be?  

TeaDidikai

Sinmodonly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:50 pm
Hello
Names:Mercyonthesoul
Religion: Pagan with a native raised background
How long: Been wiccan for about 7 years, tired a bit of everything to find a path.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games