The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:20 am
My brother is going for the tiny b*****d list, with nothing but Night Gobbos led by Night Gobbo bosses and Shamans. He does plan on including a block of Black Orcs and a giant, but other than that: Night Goblin bastards everywhere!

Maybe I can out shoot them with my Nuln army. Probably not! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:23 am
He should go night gobbo only then, black orcs are too expensive to throw around with smaller goblin-kin, they belong to support other orcs.

A giant is nice, but he should get a doom diver instead, it's good against ANY unit, I don't use one because I don't like the model that much... But anyone else who use them outshoot enemy heavy cavalry in 1-2 rounds and the same with skirmish units.

Since he decide for night gobbos filling all special choices with war machines is a nice go, leaving one for squig hoppers perhaps, 3D6 movement is never wrong along with Ws4 S5 2A, though they do suffer from animosity which is a shame...

He should also pick the majority of characters as shamans, going for 1 boss and 2 shamans, minimum of 1 Lv2, one should be the scroll caddy of course, and wish to god for either brain bursta or mork wants ya! I love using that one on war machines since they don't have an I value, so they take D6 S10 hits instantly... Hehe...

Horn of Ungrok or Brimstone bauble is nice on characters, I'm currently about to design a gobbo shaman with it who goes out on suicide missions on a wolf chariot... 18" charge range and the enemy take D6 S5 hits on the charge, and D6 S6 hits when he dies... Hehe... And probably some nice spells on the way in.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 am
I just tried out a chariot frenzy list at a tournament, and it proved to be quite effective (apart from facing undead where I barely get any charges due to fear).

I need to work more on this kind of list, it was a fun one since no one knew how to counter it, but the list that gave me the most challange was dark elves, he fielded 2 repeater boltthrowers, 2 repeater crossbow units on 10, 10 warriors with spear, 2 units with black guards of 15, one with always strike first banner and one with armour piercing, 3 assassins with manbane and 2 with some 'effin throwing stars, one lord with some blade which lets him re-roll misses and wound rolls and some trinket which gives him the most awesome wardsave ever, a hag with couldron of blood (pesky 5+ saves on his black guards...) and 2 sorceresses, this was the only army I pulled a draw against.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 pm
think they'll make orcs predominantly plastic models anytime soon? i want some of the models but i don't want to pay the pewter prices gonk i hope they do soon, just like the empire great swords.  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 am
Oh please...

Plastic greatswords aren't any cheaper than metal ones last time I checked... <_<

What from the orc and gobbo range do you want in plastic? They pretty much have about everything in plastic except from savage orcs of any kind (since plastic boar boyz IS in the making as we speak) and warmachines.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:40 am
i mainly want the boar boys and savage orcs in plastic biggrin  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm
But the current savage orcs looks perfect! Making a new kit would be like raping them hard... In the bad way... I actually doubt that GW will be able to make better-looking minis in plastic... They raped black orcs so why wouldn't they rape savage orcs? >_o

Though the boar boyz can be discussed... They have quite some charm if you love old minis (like me), but they are pretty much in need of some re-work... And look something like the current savage boar boyz (man I love them... A unit of 5 wreaking so much havoc <3).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 pm
don't want em to change the ladz, just make em in plastic so you can buy more in a box for the same price they're sellin' for now biggrin  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:43 pm
But it would be nearly impossible to make new savage orcs to look as awesome as they do now... GW would need a good sculptor for it.

And what yer saying now kind of goes against what you said earlier... About things being plastic since pewter prices are too high... xD

If you want an all plastic, why not go with Empire instead? Personally I prefer pewter models, sure they're not as easy to convert, but they still got alot of personality.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:58 pm
i doubt they'll change the price, which is why you could get 10-15 plastic models for the same price instead of 5 pewter. but keep the models the same, i like the savage orc models.  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:18 am
Thing is that they can't keep them the same, they'd have to make the savage orc models in the same manner as normal orc boyz which is a shame... D:

Anyhow... It looks like we'll be getting a 2nd wave or orc releases after this summer, I smell Azhag on special order and plastic orc boar boyz... <3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 am
i might start a balanced O&G list instead of the all NE list. My friend uses grimgore and his black ork big'uns to a devastating amount of effectiveness .  

Inenor

Lord Thuddleton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:15 pm
Cannons kill black ORCS just like anything else. Though when I don't kill them off right away they usually do chew up anything they touch.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:35 am
black orcs are over priced and not worth it IMO... But the models are cool (the metal ones from before the plastic kit) and that'd be the only reason for me to use them.  

Shinobi_8745

Lord Thuddleton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm
Does anyone else think it's outrageous that the new Azhag the Slaughterer model is going to be $82.50!?!?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff