Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Centigrade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 am
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Oh I just realised that I've got an Ogre Kingdoms Battalion under my bed. Now I can use anything out of them besides the Gnoblars. Those Ogres should give me a little more choice plus boost my Close Combat potential.

I will warn you now that attempting to best Chaos in close combat is suicide...

But a unit of Ironguts should be a challenge for allmost any unit in the Chaos army list. They would combat the most dangerous units that get a little too close to my more valuable and fragile units. But overall I would not go out of my way to seek close combat though. Oh yeah allways intended to take a unit of Pistoliers and I may also take a unit of Outriders aswell.

Whatever, dude.

You've been warned. If the Chaos player is any good, just avoid the units that are painted red. Oh, and avoid the sorceror that's painted blue. He'll take out the ironguts in one or two turns if need be.

Oh, and avoid the big red guy with wings and horns...Your ironguts won't hold him for very long, if he even bothers with them.

How many of them are you planning on fielding?

I will not be facing a Bloodthirster guy as my friend is a Nurgle player. But he has not even got a greater demon so I do not have to worry about comming up against a Great Unclean One either. As on how many Ironguts I am going to field (If I have any of them in my list at all that is) I am thinking of have about 4. As I said they are there to make my friend think very carefully at what he is going to do if he gets near to any surounding units.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Oh I just realised that I've got an Ogre Kingdoms Battalion under my bed. Now I can use anything out of them besides the Gnoblars. Those Ogres should give me a little more choice plus boost my Close Combat potential.

I will warn you now that attempting to best Chaos in close combat is suicide...

But a unit of Ironguts should be a challenge for allmost any unit in the Chaos army list. They would combat the most dangerous units that get a little too close to my more valuable and fragile units. But overall I would not go out of my way to seek close combat though. Oh yeah allways intended to take a unit of Pistoliers and I may also take a unit of Outriders aswell.

Whatever, dude.

You've been warned. If the Chaos player is any good, just avoid the units that are painted red. Oh, and avoid the sorceror that's painted blue. He'll take out the ironguts in one or two turns if need be.

Oh, and avoid the big red guy with wings and horns...Your ironguts won't hold him for very long, if he even bothers with them.

How many of them are you planning on fielding?

I will not be facing a Bloodthirster guy as my friend is a Nurgle player. But he has not even got a greater demon so I do not have to worry about comming up against a Great Unclean One either. As on how many Ironguts I am going to field (If I have any of them in my list at all that is) I am thinking of have about 4. As I said they are there to make my friend think very carefully at what he is going to do if he gets near to any surounding units.

Nurgle? Oh, then your ogres might stand a chance. They'll be immune to the fear.

Still might want to be careful, though. Ogres are costly if they're not implemented effectively. Trying to match chaos in close combat is just one of those things that you should try to avoid.

I can see where you're coming from, though.  

Lethkhar

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:36 am
Okay now, less Ogre mercenaries and more Empire people.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 pm
Lt. Brookman
Okay now, less Ogre mercenaries and more Empire people.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mommy!

Umm... Ogre mercs ARE Empire... I mean, it's the Empire! We can hire almost ANYTHING. As long as it's in terms of what they can do for an Empire army it's still Empire-based.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:35 am
Sure, I'll just close the Dogs of War thread while we are at it then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:21 am
Lt. Brookman
Sure, I'll just close the Dogs of War thread while we are at it then.
Mommy!

Why do that? The Dogs of War are still an army on their own. But if we're talking about Empire strategies I see no reason why we can't talk about using Dogs of War in our armies here.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:45 am
This Summer will not only see the release of the plastic Helblaster / Helstorm kit, but also the Imperial Dragon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 am
Mommy!

Ok guys, so the Battle Of Da Bosses is about to start and I'm trying to decide what to use for the big starting megabattle. As a defender my objective will be to kill as many attacking units as physically possible. Whenever a unit dies it gets to move back onto the table next turn. The evil guys are trying to get units off of the defender's side of the table. We are allowed to use one unit/war machine of any type and one hero with no points limit on either. Right now I'm leaning towards taking a Steam Tank, as it hurts (badly) and should have little to no problems getting across the battlefield. Though I'm also tempted to use a Helblaster because I really don't care if it blows up, but at the same time it would be a sitting duck the turn after it does because it would have to move back onto the table. And I have absolutely no idea what hero I should take. So anyone have any ideas?

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:50 pm
Are you allowed to use Special Characters?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:58 pm
1 Hero?

Too bad you aren't a Gnoblar player. XP Take a Gnoblar Lord with the Lucky dice bag. You get d6 re-rolls for being a Gnoblar, and you ignore all wounds suffered the phase on a 2+, and you can use your re-rolls on the dice bag.

For the Empire, though? Make a line-breaker. Just make a plow that can grind his way through whatever comes his way. Also, have him ride next to the steam tank to keep himself safer.  

Drachyench

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 pm
Lethkhar
Mommy!

No, no special characters. Note that I may not use the Steam Tank and because there's no restriction on unit type I could even hire Dogs of War for the unit. So any more specific ideas of what to use for either the hero or the unit?

Yes?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:16 am
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Mommy!

No, no special characters. Note that I may not use the Steam Tank and because there's no restriction on unit type I could even hire Dogs of War for the unit. So any more specific ideas of what to use for either the hero or the unit?

Yes?

But you have to stick with Empire units?

You're facing orcs?

Find something that causes terror. Orcs suffer from a low leadership, don't they?  

Lethkhar

Professional Dead Person

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:19 am
I find that the empire is one of the most flexible armies in the game of warhammer. I prefer to play with them because of that reason.
currently I am participting in the scenario "Battle of the Bosses" with an empire detchment (Warband)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Mommy!

Yes?

But you have to stick with Empire units?

You're facing orcs?

Find something that causes terror. Orcs suffer from a low leadership, don't they?
Mommy!

Nonono, it's a megabattle. Details here. The only difference between those rules and the ones at my store is that we're allowed to bring one hero as well, but not a special character. So I won't JUST be facing Orcs. I know one Skaven player's bringing along 75 Clanrats. And I can use anything that the Empire can use. So yes, I could very easily hire any Dogs of War unit if I so chose. So any ideas?

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:51 pm
uh. Giants are dogs of war, right?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items