Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

redpopsicles

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:05 pm
Sweet. I'll hook it up now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:33 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since sometime around November, sorry, I can't remember the exact date.

2. How many posts have you made?
Currently I have 583 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I've been in many classes in the two terms I've been here and have observed the teaching styles of the teachers.

4. Class you are applying for:
Herbology

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Name: Undecided
Current RP Name: I want to change it, so undecided as well
User Name: Lady Courtney

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I've seen the teahcers around here and I've read books about different plants and the physical and magical properties of them. I think it would be interesting to see if I could do as well as a teacher as I think I can.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I'll set one lesson for everyone, similar to Avatar34's Astonomy class except that it will be less of a story and more of an information sheet and the students will tehn have to answer several questions. I will also ask a few questions in class for house points and make sure no one has any questions.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
I've asked Lizzieangel to be my reference. If any more are needed, simply tell me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Plant's properties, both physical and magical, already interest me and a teacher who loves what they teach is a better teacher than someone who doesn't.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
I'd like to teach next semester and I'll be using books from my local library as well as websites for my information. This is all new to me but I think it will be very fun.

Lady Courtney

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:35 pm
Lady Courtney
Hogwarts Teaching Application

Since sometime around November, sorry, I can't remember the exact date.

Currently I have 583 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I've been in many classes in the two terms I've been here and have observed the teaching styles of the teachers.

Herbology

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Name: Undecided
Current RP Name: I want to change it, so undecided as well
User Name: Lady Courtney

I've seen the teahcers around here and I've read books about different plants and the physical and magical properties of them. I think it would be interesting to see if I could do as well as a teacher as I think I can.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I'll set one lesson for everyone, similar to Avatar34's Astonomy class except that it will be less of a story and more of an information sheet and the students will tehn have to answer several questions. I will also ask a few questions in class for house points and make sure no one has any questions.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
I've asked Lizzieangel to be my reference. If any more are needed, simply tell me.

Plant's properties, both physical and magical, already interest me and a teacher who loves what they teach is a better teacher than someone who doesn't.

I'd like to teach next semester and I'll be using books from my local library as well as websites for my information. This is all new to me but I think it will be very fun.

I think that Lady Courtney would be perfect for the job, she already has the interests in Herbology teacher. Plus she already handles the total points in the Dueling Club and I would reccomened(sp?).

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:01 pm
You can go ahead and make the Herbology class Courtney biggrin  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:41 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:36 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

redpopsicles

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:43 pm
I'll also be a reference for Alutian because she does really good work on her assignments in my class and is really active in the guild.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:02 pm
Alutian has the job.  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:54 pm
Celestial Archer
Alutian has the job.
User Image
The Quest of Voluptuous Jon (Nitemare Mini Wings)

I have just a small question...Where have all of the Heads of Houses Gone? The Ravenclaw Head of House only appears when I nag her to come and do her job, Eowycla does a good job and I barely see KTWeirdChick anywhere posting on the threads, you are always here, but that only makes around 2 active hoh's.. The House Points are never added in a timely manner, what is wrong, I really love this guild! It is my favorite guild and it seems like people keep putting it aside for other things, why?

Also, the older senior members, some of them, they dont come here anymore, they have there prefect positions, but they do not act as prefects.

This brings me to my conclusion of suggesting some new Head of Houses and Prefects for the different houses for the next term, to get things more active like how they used to be, how I liked them to be.

Please respond to this and give me your input of what you think, Thank you for reading!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:37 pm
Voluptuous Jon
Celestial Archer
Alutian has the job.
User Image
The Quest of Voluptuous Jon (Nitemare Mini Wings)

I have just a small question...Where have all of the Heads of Houses Gone? The Ravenclaw Head of House only appears when I nag her to come and do her job, Eowycla does a good job and I barely see KTWeirdChick anywhere posting on the threads, you are always here, but that only makes around 2 active hoh's.. The House Points are never added in a timely manner, what is wrong, I really love this guild! It is my favorite guild and it seems like people keep putting it aside for other things, why?

Also, the older senior members, some of them, they dont come here anymore, they have there prefect positions, but they do not act as prefects.

This brings me to my conclusion of suggesting some new Head of Houses and Prefects for the different houses for the next term, to get things more active like how they used to be, how I liked them to be.

Please respond to this and give me your input of what you think, Thank you for reading!
If you wish to discuss this send me a pm and I'll let you know the answers you want.  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

redpopsicles

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:34 pm
I don't know if this is the place for this question, but does anyone know if there is going to be a summer term? If there is a vote, I vote YES YES YES!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:50 am
I also vote Yes for a Summer Term.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 am
A couple of months, I think.

Who knows? I've made many, and have never bothered to go back and count them.

Several other classes, and I always completed the homework.

I was thinking of doing a little 'fun' class on Alchemy. I recently got a book that explains where elements from the Harry Potter series came from, and it includes a bit on Alchemy.

Professor Arany (Alutian)

I'm already teaching a Divination class; this one is just something extra for the fun of it.

As I said, it's just a fun class, so there will be no homework or tests. After I put up the lesson, I will give a discussion topic that relates to it and let students talk about it in the class. Points will be given periodically when a student A.) Does extra research, B.) Brings up a very good point in the discussion, or C.) Participates actively and intelligently in the discussion.
There will be no passing or failing. If I ever do the class again, those who participated in it this first time might not be allowed to retake it, as they will know much already about the lessons.

Once again, no references for this one, though I appreciate the recommendations given for my last resume.

An extremely informative book called The Sorcerer's Companion, and therefore, a lot of extra information.

The book tells what Arithmancy really is, so if the Arithmancy professor would like to contact me, I can send that information. It's really a form of number divination. There are no complicated equations, just a bunch of basic addition.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:43 am
That might be a good summer class. Something to keep people active. Without nessacery homework, it would allow people to feel less pressured to keep up with work and enjoy it a little more.

I definately give my thumbs up.

Reese_Roper

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:17 am
You can make your class! I second it.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games