Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm
User Image

Issue Number: 3.8
Interim EDITOR: vivacious_red

Table of Contents:
1. Cover Page/ToB
2. Accosting Adonis... With Questions
3. Birthdays
4. Weasley Boy Birthdays!
5. HPGoG Hogwarts Story!
6. Hogwarts Monthly Sponsor
7. Friendly Pottermores
8. Scourgify!
9. Witch Weekly (entertainment)
10. Be Active
11. Note from the Editor
12. Thanks to HM Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm
╔╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╗

Accosting Adonis
User Image User Image User Image With Questions...

User Image
Some say he prefers his tea to be served in a flying saucer...
Some say his favorite book is entirely covered in bees...
And some say he once spent an entire summer in Kent... as a dandelion...
User Image

What do we really know about our Headmaster?
Well readers, I'm happy to inform you that starting this month, I've acquired a regular meeting with the mysterious man in the big chair, and will get down to the root of this tantalizing mystery and perhaps find out what's happening in the guild in the process.

Quote:
RS: Rita Skeeter User Image PA: Professor Adonis

RS:
User Image Headmaster, our readers-- okay, I'm dying to know, what house were you sorted into when you went to Hogwarts?

PA:
User Image Ah, now, now, as immensely proud i am of my house, I can't go bandying about it, I appreciate all of the Hogwarts Houses and would never do anything to jeopardize the balance of their worth by weighing in on any of them. It is the job of the Heads of House to promote, protect, and improve their houses; it is my job to make sure that we are fair and balanced so that all of the students will be able to prosper without unfair prejudice.

RS:
User Image So, definitely a Hufflepuff then?

PA:
User Image *raises his eyebrows and chuckles at length, but gives no indication of an answer* My dear, I can't imagine that your readers will find the past events of an old man's life more interesting than the exciting month they have laid out before them here and now. So shall we dive into talk of the greatly anticipated and very delayed Vernal Fair?

RS:
User Image Yeah I guess- I mean, of course Headmaster. So, what can we expect from this fair?

PA:
User Image Ah, well, this fair is an event held in Hogsmeade every year to celebrate the onset of spring. It is very popular, in fact wizards from all over the country flock here to celebrate, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the families of many of our students in attendance. The proprietors of Hogsmeade's most frequented shops take to the streets and set up enjoyable activities and stands for those in attendance to enjoy, and it's all completely free!

RS:
User Image If this event has been going on for years, how come this is the first time the Hogwarts Students have been invited?

PA:
User Image Well, as this event is a celebration of life and families, we always previously decided that it should therefore be up to their families to take their children. However, in the past year, Hogsmeade has been having a tough financial year, the Galleons just haven't been adding up as they usually do, and so, when our neighbors asked for assistance in putting together this wonderful event for the town, we of course responded with gusto. And with so much of my staff occupied by it, we thought we might as well bring the students in to enjoy the festivities.

RS:
User Image Speaking of the festivities, what can we expect to see at this "Vernal Fair" starting on May 4th?

PA:
User Image Ah, well, I've been sworn to secrecy. Although, perhaps not so much "sworn" as told not to say anything... though I don't think it'd hurt for me to tell you a little... Let's see... well, the 3 Broomsticks will be providing a delicious feast for everyone to enjoy of course, and then my dear friend Madame Willow will be running a special stand for Hogwarts students in front of Honeydukes that is sure to be a delicious treat. Oh! And I can personally assure you that Gladrags will be having a bit of a Metamorph-Wizard event, updating the look of-- *cough* Oh my, I've said too much haven't I?

RS:
User Image Oh no, not at all! You're doing wonderfully Headmaster, if you could just answer one more question for me... Have you spent any duration of time as a dandelion, Professor?

PA:
User Image *He merely chuckles before rising to leave.* What? And rob you of the joy that comes with puzzling through this great mystery I've carefully cultivated? I’m afraid my dear that I can't divulge my free-time activities quite so easily as that. wink

╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:16 am

◘ Birthdays ◘

Here we go, if your birthday is in March, April, or May and is not listed here please post it in this thread. Make sure the guild knows of any name changes by posting them in the Student Message Board!

From you Fellow members of the Guild we would like to wish you a happy birthday!
*<(=D)
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

March Birthdays!
9 - Avatar34 (1990)
14- Aunt Slappy
28 – techpriest35 (1989)

April Birthdays!
20 – Stardust Disaster
20- animefreak-01

May Birthdays!
14- ktweirdchick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:18 am

Happy Birthday Weasley Boys!
Now we know our readers are devastated that in the monthly's brief hiatus they had to miss our coverage of three of our favorite Weasley boys birthdays, but never fear, for we bring you that very thing this moment. To celebrate the boys' birthdays we thought we'd bring you a bit of Weasley humor.

Happy Birthday Ronald Weasley (March 1st)!!!!
User Image
User Image

Happy Birthday Fred and George Weasley (April 1st)!!!!

User Image

And Because We All Need Something to Make Us Feel Better...
(Warning DH Spoiler! Click to See Comic...)
User Image

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 am

Introducing the New Edition of the HPGoG Hogwarts Story!
Where YOU control the story!

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _

Greetings Reading and Writing enthusiasts!
We here at the Hogwarts Monthly are proud to present the newest edition of The HPGoG Hogwarts Story in Spinner's End!!!!

What’s so great about this?

Well, when last we saw the Hogwarts HPGoG Story we saw gender benders, house hopping, and even dimension hopping!
There is no doubt that our guild is home to some amazingly creative and talented people, but we felt that a story really needs some stability, I mean, gender benders are no fun if 5 pages later you’re still trying to figure out if they were switching from a man to a woman or a woman to man.
So we thought that a few adjustments could be made to make the storytelling easier to both do and read about. And thus, the new release of the HPGoG Hogwarts Story was born!

Okay, so once again, what’s so great about this?

I’m glad you asked! As with the last one, the idea for this one is for it to be a permanent installment here in the Hogwarts Monthly. However this time we’ve added on this crazy little thing we like to call “Special Character Months.”

What are “Special Character Months”?

Special Character Months are when we put the story on hold for a whole month in order to establish an important archetypal character.

Sounds kind of fruity to me.

Oh no! Not at all!
Where to start… Well, it just so happens, that this month is a Special Character Month!

For the month of May YOU get to CHOOSE OUR HERO!

We need to establish our protagonist, and who better to do that than the members? We’ve come up with a nifty little method for members to help create Our Hero and all future special characters.
Here’s how it works…
In a Special Character Month there will be 4 different voting periods that will last one week. Usually, before the month begins, we’ll announce what type of character we’ll be dedicating a month to in the Game Forum (i.e. The Hero, The Nemesis, The Best Friend, The Love-Interest etc.) This will give members the opportunity to suggest names for the character to be voted on in the first week, the names they suggest can be ones already mentioned in the story, or even one of JKR’s characters, or even an HPGoG character. Usually the first week will be dedicated to voting on the character’s name. The second voting period will usually be a vote on what occupation/status the character holds: whether they are a student, house elf, teacher, or other thing that may be suggested by members. After that the subject of the voting will vary due to the different things associated with different occupations/statuses. For instance, if the character is decided to be a student then the options the following week might decide which house they belong to, but if it was a teacher, then it might be regarding what subject they teach.
Suggestions are always welcome of course, one must simply post them in the topic, and they will most likely make it to the voting process.

I should tell you however, unfortunately we couldn’t get any suggestion for the hero’s name because we hadn’t started yet, and I hope that the options we've selected are satisfactory.

Well… What are the options?

We've got a few names...

Agatha Qui (female)
Bok Buckley (male)
Corwin Devereux (male)
Felix Royce (male)
Gertrude Yap (female)
Gisa Kita (female)
Heru Kunkel (male) ((I encourage you to say this one out loud. For many, boisterous laughter may ensue))
Horton Smalls (male)
Moira Quick (female)
Yafa Honeysett (female)

We tried to make them as JKR worthy as possible, meaning we tried to make them odd names that had a certain flow to them. All of the names were found on rare name sites and come from many different langu--

Hey, where’d you go?

Ah, must have rushed off to vote for their favorite name, it does only take a second after all.

Hurry quickly and vote for your choice! Then check back in a week and vote for the next one!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 am

User Image
Come be Silly with us!
Write for the Hogwarts Monthly!

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:47 am

User Image

Readers, I'm sure you've heard the news, Pottermore is OPEN!

And we here at the monthly would like to extend our niche of Harry Potter enthusiasts beyond our borders and into the realm of Pottermore! To do this, we've set up a topic in Heard it in the Hallway where we will keep a Master List of HPGoG members and their Pottermore Usernames!

We've (rather cleverly) dubbed this topic "Follow the Owl" And we encourage any members who'd like to duel with people they know a bit better than complete strangers to post their username to the topic so anyone in HPGoG can enjoy Pottermore with you!

We won't be giving out these names to anyone outside of our guild, and simply wish to use this as a means of giving everyone a community in which they can enjoy Pottermore.

Once you post your name we'll add it to the Master List in the first post which will be listed in alphabetical order of your Gaia Usernames to make it easier to find your friends.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:48 am

A Message From One of Our Sponsors...

HPGoG's 3rd Annual Quidditch World Cup!

User Image
Now looking for referees! Please contact the Headmaster or Post in the SFQ!

Created by vivacious_red

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:49 am

Witch Weekly!
Fandom Cross-Over Month-- Mostly... Also Kinda Comic Month... Well... Just Enjoy!

User Image

User Image

((Okay... this one isn't Technically a cross-over, but lets face, Potter Puppet Pals are so popular they might as well be their own fandom... ))
User Image

Bella Likes Twilight
User Image

And One that isn't a cross-over but we think you'll enjoy it just the same.
User Image

All of this months Humor Images Were Found on Deviant Art, and are clickable links to the artist who made them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 am

User Image

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 am

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:54 am