Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:55 pm
Hey... I'm Euan, I'm 18.
I am 6'2 and i weigh 211 lbs or 96 kg.. >.<
My ideal would probably be around 74 kg or 163 lbs

I'm really bad at wording my opinions so yeah.. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 pm
Emma.

17 years old.

5'3" and 215 pounds.

I want to lose weight, because this seems to be getting out of control. I've always loved being heavier and having curves. That is something I never wish to change. But the more I get older, the more I realize this is MY time. My time to be happy, healthy, and fit.

I kind of got into this funk where I was told my weight was okay, because I didn't look THAT fat. I've always been kind of the fat girl who isn't really as fat as she is. If that makes sense?

but one day i went to the doctor, and weighed in over 200 pounds. that was really my breaking point. like the point i thought i'd NEVER let myself get to.

220 was my highest, and i was down to 190's and low 200-210. Then came the birth control shot. :/

Back to 215-220.

Even maintaining my weight has been an issue. But I fear leaving the shot, because it's the only method of birth control that has really helped me with my painful and heavy periods.

I love myself and accept myself for who I am and how I look. But a part of loving myself is realizing what's best for me. And weighing over 200 pounds, is just not it. I don't care about being skinny, or even being in my "healthy" BMI range. All I want is to become a healthier person, and gain control of my body before it's too late.  

CondomAtTheCrimeScene

Romance Eve

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am
Hi I'm Romance Eve and I want to lose weight.
Ever since middle school, I've always been chubby in my eyes. With my mom nitpicking about my weight since I was young, my self esteem and confidence plummeted. Then I had a boyfriend who had terrible eating habits and I went along it with therefore increasing my weight even more. Well now that he's gone, I'm a mess with excess fat. D: Looking back, I realize I wasn't fat at all and it seems that I can never be happy with myself and it's kept me from growing and broadening my horizons. I would give anything to weigh what I did then but tis too late. So now, I want to lose weight and finally be happy. I've tried going on diets and exercising but it never lasts long. My habits aren't too terrible now that my boyfriend is gone. I think the problem is I eat too much food i.e I eat when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm bored. And I don't get enough physical exercise. I really would like to make this change but I am already disheartened considering how many times I've failed before. So I look to you guys for support and just maybe I'll be successful this time around.

I am too ashamed to post my weight and height, I wish I was as brave as some of you guys. As for right now, I would like to lose 10 lbs and move on from there. If I can do that, it makes losing the rest feel possible. Let us succeed!

P.S I would love a support buddy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am
Hi, My name is Stef. I'm 16 turn 17 in May. [Woot!] I'm not overweight but I'm almost overweight, at least I think. :/ I don't think I'm fat I just jiggle. I joke about it a lot but I don't like it. And I especially don't like it when someone else makes jokes about it. :/ I do it to make myself feel better.

So yeah. Lol.

HyruleRoyalPrincess

Girl-Crazy Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:24 am

Welcome Romance and Fear! I hope you like it here. We're a pretty active guild with a lot of members and lots of info. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to support.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 am
Ooooh, Romance I know what you mean. I gained like Eighty pounds when I met my boyfriend... He has serving sizes the size of dinner plates for anything. ._. Fear, welcome and if you don't like it when jokes are made, don't make jokes about it. You're sexy and making fat jokes isn't the way to make you feel the right way. wink  

Tandahda
Crew

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm
User ImageYou played with fire. . .

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

Hello all.
I am Venom. I am 18 years old.
I joined the guild as suggested by my friend Anbaachan =3
Please inform me if my posting format is against the guild rules. Sorry in advance if it is.

Some of my traits are that I am honest to a fault (well, almost) and I just LOVE to talk. . . About anything, I just love to build walls of text; as you are about to see as I tell you some things about myself and why I have joined the guild.

Recently, I have gained weight fast (15 lbs in 3 months and counting). . . *bookmarks the Kilograms to Pounds converter*. . . As I was saying, I have recently gained this weight. . .

Back like a couple of years ago, or maybe until last year or even closer, I used to have self control. I would lose any gained weight without dieting; I would just control when to eat and when not to.

But now, it's a whole different story. If the food is there then I gotta eat it! I have no more control over myself. For example if there are cookies in the kitchen then I have to have some. I love all kinds of candy and cake so this is not helping either. And I love junk food; of which I eat lots at university because concentrating in class makes you hungry, you know?

I didn't really realize I was gaining weight until my pants started to just not fit. I would struggle to pull the zipper up and then when I manage to do so, I feel extremely uncomfortable.

So now I need to lose this extra weight.
And after I do so, I wanna try to stay healthy and fit because I never actually did any kind of exercises. To come and think about it, I spend most of my day sitting (which does give one a huge behind, even when one's weight is not so high).

So, basically, I need to get in shape.
But, I am also here to support anybody who needs it. I am a good listener I don't mind listening to people ranting about anything (even if it's not weight related). . .

I hope I can be friends with all of you guys.
See you around.

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

. . . and you got burned!User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 pm
@Seraphsody- Ahh someone who has been in the same boat as me. So have you lost the weight you wanted or you're still in progress? I just hate myself for letting myself go. Gah.

Anbaachan- Thank you for the welcome. I hope we can all be there for one another :]  

Romance Eve

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Romance - Definitely! i'll be checking on your journal if you start one. And don't hesitate to pm me! <33

Venom: YOU JOINED! YAY!!!!! Welcome and I we can help.

Ladies: I'm sure most of us know how you feel. I for one was doing the same thing. I didn't think about it until my pants were too tight. But instead of fixing it, i just bought bigger pants... So now I'm a size 16 in pants... -___-;; But they always say, the first step to fixing a problem is admitting that you have one. Well, you've made the first step by coming here. We're all cheering for you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:55 am
Romance: I have lost almost all the weight I gained having been with him (without leaving him, he's a sweetie, he just is cursed with the inability to keep weight on. *glares daggers at him*)

Also eighty pounds was an exaggeration now that I think about it. It was actually around 68 lbs, I'm about ten pounds shy of being where I was when we met. Which is still (sadly) overweight I think, eighty lbs was around how much weight I wanted to lose overall. razz

Hi Venom, I don't believe you're violating guild rules at all, you should try some exercise DVDs, there are some super fun ones out there. Turbo Jam leaves me very sore in my core (and I thought I had a strong core! smile )  

Tandahda
Crew

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 pm
User ImageYou played with fire. . .

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

@ Anbaachan : Yup :3 I did.
I know some people may tell me I don't need to lose weight and stuff, but it's actually my health that concerns me rather than my looks.
Also, I am sure Imma meet some awesome people here ^_^

@ Seraphsody : Hi there ^_^ how are you?
Um, is there a version of these DVDs online? Like on YouTube or something?
I was thinking about exercises that are easy to do and do not require an exercise machine. Then again, I am afraid I would do the exercise moves wrong and end up spraining my muscles (which would be easy since I am not fit >.< because I do not have an "active" lifestyle)

*jumps around*
Yay! New people!

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

. . . and you got burned!User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 am
Ohay I'm Kamirose and I'm 19 years old.
My BMI says I'm -technically- not overweight (barely), but looking at me, you'd assume I am, lol.

I'm working on changing my lifestyle and losing my extra 40 lbs of blubber and getting more active so I can be proud of how I look.

Hopefully in time for anime expo because I'm cosplaying a girl with a short skirt and I don't want chubby legs xp

I'm afraid of spiders, cockroaches, and dentists.
I love cats, dogs, and cute fluffy things (and my blanket I got for christmas omg I love it)

My favorite video games are .hack and Persona 4.

Uh... I suck at these intro things. I'll just stop here xD  

Kamirose

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm
OMG I'm looking to lose 40 pounds AND cosplaying at anime expo, too! biggrin Maybe I'll see you there. Who are you cosplaying as?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:30 pm
Hello people of Gaia...

So, my name is Samantha, though I'm often called 'Sammy'.
And this is actually a random sort of mule account. I ‘m not sure why, but I feel more comfortable talking openly about weight loss when some of my best friend IRL can’t read everything I type. So I made this account yestoday, wanting to join. And as for my username- I put my Itunes on shuffle and decided to name my account after whatever song came on first. Which... y’know, could’ve ended up a hell of a lot weirder.

I’m seventeen years old, and starting year twelve soon. I weight eighty kilograms, and, I don’t even have a proper means of measuring my height. But my a rough guestimate, this puts me somewhere in the overweight category.

Without going into enormous detail in my first post here, over the years, I have lost weight, and I have gained weight, quite a few times. I believe that at my heaviest, I weighed 85kg. Most of the weight I gained occurred in 2006 when I quit Tae Kwon Do (which I started back up in 200 cool . I lost 15kg in 2007, ten of which I have put back on between then and now. I’m in my last two weeks of summer break, and last week, decided to start eating healthier foods (again), and exercising more regularly. A major reason behind me putting on weight, has to do with going on an eating binge when I give up. One of the posts I read earlier mentioned weight loss as being more of a mind game, and I defineately agree. I also need other sources of excercise other than TKD. Other than walking, which I for some reason like, I don't feel comfortable excercising in public, so I'm not comfortable with going to gyms. I should be fine with excercising in my own home- but I've fallen into some very lazy habbits, and lack the motivation.

I really hope to build a sense of consistency by just comfortably talking with others and share what’s going on.

Aside from all that, I adore music, eyelashes, cold weather, Oscar Wilde, and sending ridiculously introspective text messages at 3:00 am.
At the moment I consider myself asexual.
My favourite colour at the moment is purple.
I talk white a bit- I also sound far more optimistic online than I do in RL. xD
Anything else you wanna know, just ask.

Anyway, hello to everyone. I hope I can hear from some people, help support them, and find some support myself.

United Paper People

Kamirose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 pm
__penguin__
OMG I'm looking to lose 40 pounds AND cosplaying at anime expo, too! biggrin Maybe I'll see you there. Who are you cosplaying as?

I'm going as Chie Satonaka from Persona 4 ^^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games