Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:06 pm

lurichan
I think I'm still a bit addicted to collecting items even though I'm not actually questing for anything right now. ^^* I still have an '05 halloween set in my storage that I have yet to sell off.

The halloween items this time around really weren't all that great and were cheesy, but I think that most people say that about the items when they first come out...it's later when they've gained in rarity that people start to value them higher... I mean really... look at the candy corn hat... really cheesy looking, but because it's an older item people are willing to pay over 100k for it easy now.

I think the events are just amusing to see how things play out, to see how they are set up etc... but I wasn't about to go around kissing random gaians...I read the rules and went....."um... no...."

I think I have a couple things lurking around in my storage but I really don't know.. sweatdrop

Yeah, I know what you mean, I bought my coco for a few thousand, they're now selling them for over 100,000 eek but, it's not as if anyone's buying them, they're just sitting there because they're so overpriced talk2hand

lol, I think that was aimed at the chatterboxers, with all their hotbaths shannigans
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:12 pm

Looking at the pricing now for 90% of my items now...and my eyeballs just about fall out of their sockets. It's insane how much things like my kiki go for now... not to mention my sash... angelic pendant... anything that is an '04 item that i have in my inventory really... the pricing has gone through the roof. It's....crazy. sweatdrop I would never have been able to get most of the items I have on gaia if I just started now. There would be no way I would be able to quest for things with how the pricing has changed over the last 6 months to a year even. 0o;

You're right. A lot of items really are overpriced to the point of insanity.

-_-* I haven't gone into the chatterbox for a while.

lurichan
Vice Captain

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm

lurichan
Looking at the pricing now for 90% of my items now...and my eyeballs just about fall out of their sockets. It's insane how much things like my kiki go for now... not to mention my sash... angelic pendant... anything that is an '04 item that i have in my inventory really... the pricing has gone through the roof. It's....crazy. sweatdrop I would never have been able to get most of the items I have on gaia if I just started now. There would be no way I would be able to quest for things with how the pricing has changed over the last 6 months to a year even. 0o;

It started with the kikis, when they hit the price they are nw, people suddenly realised threy could get away with robbery stare urg. If I ever sell my stuff it's going to be for a decent affordable price so people have a chance of getting the item they want.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the newbies, there's no way in hell they're going to be able to get any of the suff now

Same here, I saw the start of the perverted threads and I thought "this can only go to bad places..." and so the chatterbox because the quagmire of filth it is now talk2hand
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm

*waves goodbye to eyeballs rolling across the floor*

lurichan
Vice Captain

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 pm

lurichan

bye hun *huggles* 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

It started with the kikis, when they hit the price they are nw, people suddenly realised threy could get away with robbery stare urg. If I ever sell my stuff it's going to be for a decent affordable price so people have a chance of getting the item they want.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the newbies, there's no way in hell they're going to be able to get any of the suff now

Same here, I saw the start of the perverted threads and I thought "this can only go to bad places..." and so the chatterbox because the quagmire of filth it is now talk2hand

The bad part is if you sell your stuff at decent pricing in the MP there is a good chance a market whore will just snatch it up and re-sell it higher. If you want to make sure decent/okay people get ahold of it, you have to make a thread in the exchange and hope. neutral

lurichan
Vice Captain

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

I'm not leaving just yet... I was just looking at pricing in the Marketplace. 0o;
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:22 pm

lurichan
Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

I'm not leaving just yet... I was just looking at pricing in the Marketplace. 0o;

Ahh, I read it wrong rofl

And true about the market whore thing, it just really pisses me off the way people exploit others here. Ah, gotta love capitalism

Isobel Bellamy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Isobel Bellamy
lurichan
Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

Ahh, I read it wrong rofl

And true about the market whore thing, it just really pisses me off the way people exploit others here. Ah, gotta love capitalism

It's a good principle in theory, but the practical application tends to leave the poor poorer, and the rich richer.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 pm

lurichan

It's a good principle in theory, but the practical application tends to leave the poor poorer, and the rich richer.

And the kikis feeling like royalty because they get so much money faught over them

Isobel Bellamy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:29 pm

*types in kiki...twitch twitch twitch* I'm so glad I got my kiki a long long time ago... back before they were so expensive. 0o; Good grief, for that price the eyes should be made out of saphires.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 pm

lurichan
*types in kiki...twitch twitch twitch* I'm so glad I got my kiki a long long time ago... back before they were so expensive. 0o; Good grief, for that price the eyes should be made out of saphires.

I know, I wish I'd gotten one when I could crying But I lovesies my coco *huggles it* whee

Isobel Bellamy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

I know, I wish I'd gotten one when I could crying But I lovesies my coco *huggles it* whee

I think you're coco fits your avi much better than a kiki would anyway. It goes great with almost all your outfits... a kiki would clash a lot. 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:38 pm

lurichan

I think you're coco fits your avi much better than a kiki would anyway. It goes great with almost all your outfits... a kiki would clash a lot. 3nodding

Yups, the coco goes with the goth theme I usually have XD I don't change round much but my wardrobe here is predominently black (like my real life one xd )

Man, I checked the price for my outfit.... holy crap!! XD I'm a gaia millionaire if I sold it eek

Isobel Bellamy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:41 pm

*nods* That nitemare bustier would fetch a hefty sum if you chose to sell it off... but I think that it wouldn't be worth it if you did. It something that you've worn so often that it's become a very big part of your avi.

Then again I don't really believe in selling off anything I've worked towards...but that is partially because I'm a packrat. 3nodding
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games