Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:01 pm
Collowrath
too2sweet

That's just he, every time someone asked him where he was getting his info from (because it was all so far removed from what is generally and/or historically accepted) he either ignored, or went on the offensive. Which leads me to believe that he was totally pulling it all out of thin air. What's really scary about it though, is he was doing it in such a way, that to someone who didn't know any better - he would probably come across as knowledgeable.

I know what you mean. I read it this morning and was so unsure of whether or not I could even respond to it, I mean, I think it's so easily shown that some of the things he was saying were just... wrong, that it was kind of ridiculous - but then, he was so aggressive and self-assured that it was almost impossible to interject and ask for sources or to give rebuttals because damn, the confidence just popped my self-assurance balloon all to hell.

I'm thankful that Sanguina (and Esiris, it seems?) simply had no ******** to give and have put up an alternative view, because you're right - a lurker who doesn't know any better might not think to second guess someone who otherwise appears knowledgeable.

That's why I didn't say too much either. I know just enough about those topics to know that what he was saying wasn't right, but not enough to be able to form any sort of meaningful counter arguments.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:46 pm
Esiris
too2sweet

That still the guy from the POG II thread?

Yeah.

Oh- another kind of WTF one: according to the same person Thor jumped over the the Celtic lands (I think he's claiming it was Ireland) and drank some Celtic Goddess' menstrual blood. burning_eyes

My intellectual side is curious as to what purpose that would achieve, despite the confusing mix of gods.

The rest of me, though, just keeps going "Eeeeewwwww!"  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:23 pm
Collowrath
too2sweet

That's just he, every time someone asked him where he was getting his info from (because it was all so far removed from what is generally and/or historically accepted) he either ignored, or went on the offensive. Which leads me to believe that he was totally pulling it all out of thin air. What's really scary about it though, is he was doing it in such a way, that to someone who didn't know any better - he would probably come across as knowledgeable.

I know what you mean. I read it this morning and was so unsure of whether or not I could even respond to it, I mean, I think it's so easily shown that some of the things he was saying were just... wrong, that it was kind of ridiculous - but then, he was so aggressive and self-assured that it was almost impossible to interject and ask for sources or to give rebuttals because damn, the confidence just popped my self-assurance balloon all to hell.

I'm thankful that Sanguina (and Esiris, it seems?) simply had no ******** to give and have put up an alternative view, because you're right - a lurker who doesn't know any better might not think to second guess someone who otherwise appears knowledgeable.

I knew he was off, but I'm not one to speak up when others have it well in hand. I feel it just clutters thigs up. He really did come off all confident though, I just hope that people take the time to read Sanguina and Ersris's responses.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Not sure you'd consider this worthy of this thread, but I did facepalm reading it.

Quote:

My own was quite wonderful. Ours was Wiccan with a touch of Norse, my
husband and I are Celtic Wiccan and our minister is a Viking Norseman. He
began our Hand-fasting with a sacred rune chant. We said our Vows, Were
joined together until there is no love left, in the presence of the earth and the
God and Goddess as the minister wrapped the purple cord around our wrists.
We drank from a horn, and poured the libation into the earth.

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:46 pm
I just tried reading some of the recent posts...I am clueless o___0  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm
Not quite pagan, but confusingly ignorant.

Quote:
Since in the origin of yoga each position represents a different named pagan god, it is not for me or my family. I'll stick to weight lifting and aerobics.

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm
AniMajor

Quote:
Since in the origin of yoga each position represents a different named pagan god, it is not for me or my family. I'll stick to weight lifting and aerobics.

*FACEPALM*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:15 pm
Bane of Ezekiel
AniMajor

Quote:

*FACEPALM*

It's really an obvious plot to convert people away from Christianity and into worshiping gods like Triangle Pose, Pigeon, and Crescent Lunge.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 pm
I'm looking for a vaguely magical, special but not too weird name for a character who is going to insist that people call her this name instead of her given name. I'm looking for something like "Raven", but that's way too common.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:35 am
AniMajor
I'm looking for a vaguely magical, special but not too weird name for a character who is going to insist that people call her this name instead of her given name. I'm looking for something like "Raven", but that's way too common.
i actually knew a girl IRL who insisted on being called "Storm"  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:05 am
Strega Mama
AniMajor

To be fair, there's a family up in Toronto who actually named their child Storm.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm
Bane of Ezekiel
Strega Mama
AniMajor

To be fair, there's a family up in Toronto who actually named their child Storm.
and that would be fine, the girl i knew, though, was really named Edwina. i guess she just liked "storm" better.  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwtypSFdn-M

"Ganesh is my goddess, and the Laughing Buddha is my god."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:57 am
Quote:
Merry Meet, I am not a member, but I am looking into the guild to see if its what I want to join. I saw this post and would like to leave my opinion. Black and white magick are nothing more than another name for high and low magick. Low magick is instantaneous and can be used for self gain, hence why in the old days evil sorcerers/witches/wizards/mages were said to use black magick which they thought was evil, while High magick takes longer to work and is used for the purpose of helping others or gaining better understanding of the universe and what consists in it and could also be used for healing, hence why it was referred to as white or good magick. I read this in a book called "Temple of High Witchcraft" I believe, its 1 of 4 books.

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 pm
erinnightwalker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwtypSFdn-M

"Ganesh is my goddess, and the Laughing Buddha is my god."

Really, she should be trying to collect the whole set. I don't have a Laughing Buddha, but I've got Cheering Buddha, Sitting Buddha, and Traveling Buddha.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff