Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:40 am

I guess its supposed to have some deep and thoughtful meaning but to me its just them taking a piss at the c**t, her stupid hubby aaaaaaaand the pathetic media circus surrounding her road to meeting death.
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:49 am

User ImageAnd here is the dodgy news for today:

Brit mum buried alive after being branded Bride of Dracula!

A TERRIFIED Brit mum was branded the Bride of Dracula and buried alive in a chain-wrapped lead coffin — despite being an innocent wife from Burnley.

Sarah Roberts, 51, was last night feared to have spooked superstitious villagers in Peru when they mistook raspberry sauce she poured on an ice cream for BLOOD.

The mum of two — also accused of biting a child’s neck — was visiting an ex-pat relative when she met her grisly end amid a frenzied witch-hunt.

But locals in the remote village of Pisco were wrong to condemn her as a vampire, according to historians who have investigated the 1913 horror.

They claim she had no interest in the occult — let alone being one of the bloodsucking count’s three brides.

Her shattered husband was a Lancashire weaver called John.

He wanted to bring her body home — but Britain BANNED the “vampiress” from being buried here.

Racso Miro Quesada, who is writing a play about Sarah’s life, said: “Because of the things she was accused of, there was no place on earth where she could rest.”

Villagers even armed themselves with stakes and holy water when cracks appeared in her tombstone in 1993.

Sarah was said to have cursed them with a promise to rise again in 80 years.

She did not — and now some revere her as a SAINT.

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:53 am

So...it's news from 1913?

Or am I misreading?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:13 pm

That article made my head hurt.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Lt. Brookman
That article made my head hurt.

Same.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Last witch trial in the UK was in 1944...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2006/12/06/exclusive-britain-s-last-witch-trial-115875-18215850/

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:33 am

There was something on Maddie but I stopped caring waaaaay back then, so here's a story on invading gypsies:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HORRIFIED families watched helplessly yesterday as their rural idyll was PAVED OVER — by gipsies working flat out with JCBs.

The army of travellers had SEVENTY trucks of hardcore delivered as they raced to bury rolling fields over the Bank Holiday.

Last night they were continuing to toil with military precision — digging drains, installing a septic tank and fencing off permanent plots for a dozen caravans complete with car parking.

The eyesore camp is on green-belt land in a cul de sac overlooked by picture postcard homes worth up to £1million.

The aim is to have it finished before council penpushers get back to their desks tomorrow to halt the construction site under planning laws.

Frantic residents alerted police after the gipsies swooped on Saturday in a fleet of expensive BMWs and 4x4s to begin work at the crack of dawn.

But cops were powerless — because the travellers had secretly BOUGHT the four acres of land on the edge of Newent, Gloucs — one of the prettiest towns in the Forest of Dean.

One couple living in the sleepy lane — in their 80s and away on holiday — recently had an application to build a humble car port vetoed.

A neighbour said: “It makes you sick. We play it by the book and can’t build a thing. This lot have their own rules and get away with murder.”

Almost two dozen men were working with two JCBs and two heavy rollers.

Another resident, who asked not to be named for fear of reprisals, said: “When we opened the bedroom curtains on Saturday morning we couldn’t believe our eyes.

“It looked like a scene from TV’s Challenge Anneka.

“They know to strike on a Bank Holiday because they have an extra day before council planners are back at their desk. By then it will be too late.

"The travellers will be sitting pretty. It will be years — if ever — until the local authority gets them off the land.”

The camp mirrors one built over Easter last year next door to where the estranged husband of Government minister Tessa Jowell lives.

It recently won retrospective planning permission.
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 am

Van Evok
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2006/12/06/exclusive-britain-s-last-witch-trial-115875-18215850/
They didn't burn or drown her! sad

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 am

todays forecast: too ******** hot! burning_eyes
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:14 am

Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok

after all it was XXth century... but even charging someone with sorcery is bizzarre enough.

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:58 pm

Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok

after all it was XXth century... but even charging someone with sorcery is bizzarre enough.
Odder things happen these days with this ridiculous "war" on terror going on. Rights are easily waved aside, too easily.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:02 am

Quote:
SOCCER Wag DANIELLE LLOYD writhes in agony outside a nightspot yesterday — tended by fellow clubbers splattered with HER blood after a savage brawl.

Spurs star JAMIE O’HARA’s girlfriend — notoriously caught up in the SHILPA SHETTY race row on Celebrity Big Brother — was left needing emergency plastic surgery.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The blonde model screamed and sobbed as she bled on the pavement before an ambulance rushed her to casualty.

Last night Danielle — whose string of footballer lovers include ex-England star TEDDY SHERINGHAM, Spurs ace JERMAIN DEFOE and Birmingham's MARCUS BENT — was recovering in hospital.

Cops arrested two women in their 20s for allegedly attacking her as she partied with £9,000-a-week Jamie, 22.

The couple had been to a wedding before heading to the Crystal club in London’s West End — arriving hand-in-hand at 11pm.

Jamie was also left dripping in Danielle’s blood after she was allegedly hurled through a glass table in a vicious 2am catfight — sparked by two girls dancing on the back of a VIP sofa she was sitting on.

A witness said: “I think one kicked Danielle — it may have been an accident. She got up to remonstrate.

“I saw her in a tangle with at least one other woman. Punches and slaps were being thrown.

“Danielle came falling backward off the sofa and landed on a table. She cut her leg pretty badly. Jamie and some guy who may have been the other girl’s boyfriend were being held apart by bouncers who threw Jamie out.”

As she lay on the pavement, Danielle was heard shrieking: “My leg, my leg.” She needed stitches to a “serious” back wound as well as cosmetic surgery on her limb.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were investigating.

Nope, still don't like WAGs.

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:55 am

Lt. Brookman
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok

Odder things happen these days with this ridiculous "war" on terror going on. Rights are easily waved aside, too easily.

Already the term "war on terror" is a ridiculous... it's like Churchill would have declared war on blitzkrieg razz
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 am

Random blurb of the day:

Quote:
OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!"
OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."

And now you know.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 pm

...The question remains, what exactly have we learned, aside from the fact that it's bad to try and dig out of a well.

Also, epic Simpson's reference on it.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games