Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:44 am
Strega Mama
Quote:
By the way for reference from Strega Mama well ......." I'm a strega who does practical kitchen magic. I'm also an ordained priestess dedicated to my queen Diana." her profile

which indicates to me.... she is a DIANIC WICCAN as it is called by most of the world.

User Image

*snugs* heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 am
too2sweet

Quote:
I would prefer to have the Lord pick out my spouse...He knows who is perfect for me.
That's all well and good as long as they're willing to get off their a** and go find the person.  

TeaDidikai

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm
The other day, I was quickly reminded why I don't ever visit Witchvox anymore like I did when I was first starting out. The front page makes me want to kick someone in the face.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:27 pm
Not pagan completely, but this makes me want to vomit all over TLC.

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 am
Bane of Ezekiel

The other forum I'm on (freejinger, which snarks on fundies/quiverfull movement like the Duggars) has an 8 page post on this s**t, which attracted at least one European Roma, who left after feeling harassed. I've been doing my best to mitigate, but it's pretty rough.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 pm
Bane of Ezekiel
I think the only problem is how few people know that that's actually a slur. I didn't know until recently when I found that petition on here to remove it from the item name.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:32 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Bane of Ezekiel
I think the only problem is how few people know that that's actually a slur. I didn't know until recently when I found that petition on here to remove it from the item name.

I found out in college that "gypped" (jipped? However it's supposed to be spelled) not only was a slur, but that it came from the g-word. I had just never put the two together in my head. (Possibly because I always imagined it spelled with a J).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 pm
AniMajor
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Bane of Ezekiel

I found out in college that "gypped" (jipped? However it's supposed to be spelled) not only was a slur, but that it came from the g-word. I had just never put the two together in my head. (Possibly because I always imagined it spelled with a J).
I thought it was jipped. But I figured that one out from watching House. I think it was like the first season where the boy was getting abdominal(sp?) pain cuz he swallowed a toothpick and the family hated the girlfriend because she wasn't one of them and blamed her. But in the middle House was talking to Wilson and House started talking about he was jipped when the dad walked by and I think he got punched for it lol (Side note: I thought it was kinda funny in season 4 Wilson jokes around and tells the camera crew that was at the hospital for "Big Head" kid that House was Wiccan. Partly because they say in the first season he's atheist and in every season he keeps proofing that he is. And partly because up until I actually started looking up Wicca I never really paid attention to what Wilson was saying in that scene. Just that they were trying to dig up stuff on House)

But back to what I was saying. I never knew because I was always able to say the G word. And I would listen to Cher and one of the songs I listened to by her was G~, Tramps, and Thieves. And at that age I would get yelled at for saying the word dumb. I never thought it was bad. I actually liked them or liked what the media protrayed them as like in Disneys Hunchback of Notre Dome(can't remember if they said the G word in that movie or not but I think they did. It's been years)  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 pm
Quote:
Quote:

The version I had read earlier had it as, “the cauldron (single) of the triple Goddess,” and this one has “the three cauldrons” of the Goddess.
What was your source? If you're mentioning it- I'm sure you can tell me where you read it- if you can't there's a chance some high school student made it up to get a good grade and it was a lie that stuck around or something.

Quote:
The meaning is the same, because the triple Goddesses are aspects of the ONE.
There really isn't a historic triple goddess- and you having 3 apples isn't the same as you, me and someone else all having one apple- just look at Eris for that proof.

Quote:
Unless there is a nuance in a certain version to incorporate another mythical element—or a corruption—references of the three, or the one, are pretty much interchangeable.
Not always- which is why understanding where something comes from is important.

Quote:
Sadly, wars have been fought over these kinds of differences; “No! There was only ONE cauldron—Die, heritic, DIE!” The Catholic ‘assumption of Mary’ comes to mind.

Oh please- can you take your persecution complex somewhere else?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:42 am
Esiris

Quote:
Quote:

The version I had read earlier had it as, “the cauldron (single) of the triple Goddess,” and this one has “the three cauldrons” of the Goddess.
What was your source? If you're mentioning it- I'm sure you can tell me where you read it- if you can't there's a chance some high school student made it up to get a good grade and it was a lie that stuck around or something.

Quote:
The meaning is the same, because the triple Goddesses are aspects of the ONE.
There really isn't a historic triple goddess- and you having 3 apples isn't the same as you, me and someone else all having one apple- just look at Eris for that proof.

Quote:
Unless there is a nuance in a certain version to incorporate another mythical element—or a corruption—references of the three, or the one, are pretty much interchangeable.
Not always- which is why understanding where something comes from is important.

Quote:
Sadly, wars have been fought over these kinds of differences; “No! There was only ONE cauldron—Die, heritic, DIE!” The Catholic ‘assumption of Mary’ comes to mind.

Oh please- can you take your persecution complex somewhere else?

That still the guy from the POG II thread? He's a bit nutty I think. I mean it's one thing to have UPG, but to say yeah I know those are the accepted myths/lore, but I don't lend them any credence - and then fail to explain why or how, and just expect everyone to agree with you like it's no big deal, makes no sense. rolleyes  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 am
too2sweet
That still the guy from the POG II thread? He's a bit nutty I think. I mean it's one thing to have UPG, but to say yeah I know those are the accepted myths/lore, but I don't lend them any credence - and then fail to explain why or how, and just expect everyone to agree with you like it's no big deal, makes no sense. rolleyes

I like the part where Sanguina was chastised for thinking she's the queen of everything because she asked to be pointed to the myth he was even talking about, because yeah, we can't really discuss it if we have no idea wtf he's talking about.

-.-

Just to be clear, I don't mean to rag on someone, just to point out that if a person wishes to reference an obscure myth that flies in the face of other widely accepted myths, please post it rather than calling people names when they ask to see it themselves and then blocking them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 am
too2sweet

That still the guy from the POG II thread?

Yeah.

Oh- another kind of WTF one: according to the same person Thor jumped over the the Celtic lands (I think he's claiming it was Ireland) and drank some Celtic Goddess' menstrual blood. burning_eyes  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:29 pm
Collowrath
too2sweet

I like the part where Sanguina was chastised for thinking she's the queen of everything because she asked to be pointed to the myth he was even talking about, because yeah, we can't really discuss it if we have no idea wtf he's talking about.

-.-

Just to be clear, I don't mean to rag on someone, just to point out that if a person wishes to reference an obscure myth that flies in the face of other widely accepted myths, please post it rather than calling people names when they ask to see it themselves and then blocking them.

That's just he, every time someone asked him where he was getting his info from (because it was all so far removed from what is generally and/or historically accepted) he either ignored, or went on the offensive. Which leads me to believe that he was totally pulling it all out of thin air. What's really scary about it though, is he was doing it in such a way, that to someone who didn't know any better - he would probably come across as knowledgeable.

Esiris
Yeah.

Oh- another kind of WTF one: according to the same person Thor jumped over the the Celtic lands (I think he's claiming it was Ireland) and drank some Celtic Goddess' menstrual blood.

Exactly, and the site he linked as a reference for it was a total joke.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:33 pm
too2sweet

That's just he, every time someone asked him where he was getting his info from (because it was all so far removed from what is generally and/or historically accepted) he either ignored, or went on the offensive. Which leads me to believe that he was totally pulling it all out of thin air. What's really scary about it though, is he was doing it in such a way, that to someone who didn't know any better - he would probably come across as knowledgeable.

I know what you mean. I read it this morning and was so unsure of whether or not I could even respond to it, I mean, I think it's so easily shown that some of the things he was saying were just... wrong, that it was kind of ridiculous - but then, he was so aggressive and self-assured that it was almost impossible to interject and ask for sources or to give rebuttals because damn, the confidence just popped my self-assurance balloon all to hell.

I'm thankful that Sanguina (and Esiris, it seems?) simply had no ******** to give and have put up an alternative view, because you're right - a lurker who doesn't know any better might not think to second guess someone who otherwise appears knowledgeable.  

Collowrath

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:34 pm
Esiris
...Thor jumped over the the Celtic lands (I think he's claiming it was Ireland) and drank some Celtic Goddess' menstrual blood. burning_eyes

wat

But why?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas