Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:27 pm
CleverlyCompassionate
Tubariffic
CleverlyCompassionate
Tubariffic
Oh ps Thorougly modern millie is the greatest musical ever! Jazz 1920's comedy musical? heck yes!

Perhaps not the best, but definitely up there on my favourites. biggrin

"No canary in a cage for me, this canary's ready to fly freeeeeeeeeee!"

PS, this isn't just some random n00b, but your crazy flautist moderator, Kito! How is everybody on this fine Wednesday?

It is the best ive done, This is my 3rd year, we did beauty and the beast and wizard of oz, I guess I like things that are plausible.
Not for the life of me!

Oh, your school actually did Thoroughly Modern Millie? Neat-o! Mine did Beauty and the Beast this past season, and since for some reason we are not allowed to do "major" shows for two years in a row, I am trying to convince the director to do CATS or Sweeney Todd. Mmm, delicious.

I am thinking that we should make a "Feedback" subforum for all of those people who are posting their recordings. They are going everywhere they shouldn't and I don't know where to move them. confused

Thats a good idea, Ill think about it. Heck yes we did thoroughly modern millie! My sister is at the magnet school in the area, which is a theater magnet school. They did Sweeney Todd. There is a like contest this year with this big award show and stuff, and we are both up for best musical, but they got nominated in EVERYTHING and we got everything but tech stuff like lighting and set. But we did get costume! But anywho her school is like the ultimate public theater school, but there is something in my schools water, we are like these two huge powerhouses. So I hope roaring twenties beats.... Canabalistic british barbers...  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:32 pm
Tubariffic
CleverlyCompassionate
Tubariffic
CleverlyCompassionate
Tubariffic
Oh ps Thorougly modern millie is the greatest musical ever! Jazz 1920's comedy musical? heck yes!

Perhaps not the best, but definitely up there on my favourites. biggrin

"No canary in a cage for me, this canary's ready to fly freeeeeeeeeee!"

PS, this isn't just some random n00b, but your crazy flautist moderator, Kito! How is everybody on this fine Wednesday?

It is the best ive done, This is my 3rd year, we did beauty and the beast and wizard of oz, I guess I like things that are plausible.
Not for the life of me!

Oh, your school actually did Thoroughly Modern Millie? Neat-o! Mine did Beauty and the Beast this past season, and since for some reason we are not allowed to do "major" shows for two years in a row, I am trying to convince the director to do CATS or Sweeney Todd. Mmm, delicious.

I am thinking that we should make a "Feedback" subforum for all of those people who are posting their recordings. They are going everywhere they shouldn't and I don't know where to move them. confused

Thats a good idea, Ill think about it. Heck yes we did thoroughly modern millie! My sister is at the magnet school in the area, which is a theater magnet school. They did Sweeney Todd. There is a like contest this year with this big award show and stuff, and we are both up for best musical, but they got nominated in EVERYTHING and we got everything but tech stuff like lighting and set. But we did get costume! But anywho her school is like the ultimate public theater school, but there is something in my schools water, we are like these two huge powerhouses. So I hope roaring twenties beats.... Canabalistic british barbers...

Ohman, I love Sweeney Todd! I can't believe her school did it, that is pretty darn neat. biggrin My school did Beauty and the Beast this past season, and it was good for a high school, but the set broke during opening night. Um, oops. I digress; Sweeney Todd would be a fantastic musical to do.

Lyrically Adagio

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:29 pm
You should move here, we appearantly do good musicals.
The SAT has officaly ruined my life. -dies-  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:10 am

Do you guys use an orchestra pit or use canned music? My program kind of uses a combination of the two; they hire a drummer and a synth player and have at it. I wish we had used more, the flute parts would have been so fun to play. D:

*Pats sympathetically* I'm sure you did fine! Really. The SATs are intimidating but it seems like everyone I have asked (including myself) ends up doing better than they originally presume. No worries. wink

Lyrically Adagio

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:29 am
CleverlyCompassionate

Do you guys use an orchestra pit or use canned music? My program kind of uses a combination of the two; they hire a drummer and a synth player and have at it. I wish we had used more, the flute parts would have been so fun to play. D:

*Pats sympathetically* I'm sure you did fine! Really. The SATs are intimidating but it seems like everyone I have asked (including myself) ends up doing better than they originally presume. No worries. wink

It's all students, plus we hired a banjo player. I was in it this year, the first time theres been a tuba part Oo. Our BD is like the best drummer... in the world. It's quite insane. For this weird awards show thing they are doing one scene from the show, but with a professional orchestra, which is dumb. And they can't get a better drummer than my BD, who memorized the drumset part becuase he had to read the score while playing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:11 pm
Tubariffic

You have my sympathy. I just took it this past Saturday for the second time. I got this one passage about how yawning is contagious... It was horrible! I must have yawned a good 30 times before I was done!  

Inucoli

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 pm
Inucoli
Tubariffic

You have my sympathy. I just took it this past Saturday for the second time. I got this one passage about how yawning is contagious... It was horrible! I must have yawned a good 30 times before I was done!

zomg I hated that! Everyone in the class at one point was yawning so much you could tell which one they were on!  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:07 am
Tubariffic
Inucoli
Tubariffic

zomg I hated that! Everyone in the class at one point was yawning so much you could tell which one they were on!

Ugh, how horrible! Not only the yawning, but I hate it when people know where I am on tests. confused Luckily, nothing like that appeared when I took the SAT a few years ago...then again, I also took it before they emphasised the reading and writing passages as much as they do now. Seems a bit subjective, to me.

Lyrically Adagio

Inucoli

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:16 pm
Lyrically Adagio
Tubariffic
Inucoli
Tubariffic

Ugh, how horrible! Not only the yawning, but I hate it when people know where I am on tests. confused Luckily, nothing like that appeared when I took the SAT a few years ago...then again, I also took it before they emphasised the reading and writing passages as much as they do now. Seems a bit subjective, to me.

Yeah really :/ I hate the new essay part! Last time my score for that was a full 100 points lower than my other ones. Luckily none of the schools I'm looking at even glance at the writing ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 am
Inucoli
Yeah really :/ I hate the new essay part! Last time my score for that was a full 100 points lower than my other ones. Luckily none of the schools I'm looking at even glance at the writing ^_^*

Well, you always have that! Even though I am sure you did fine on it, anyway. 3nodding May I ask which schools you're looking at?

Lyrically Adagio

Inucoli

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:53 pm
Lyrically Adagio
Inucoli

Well, you always have that! Even though I am sure you did fine on it, anyway. 3nodding May I ask which schools you're looking at?

You may smile I REALLY want to go to VA Tech. I went down there over spring break and it seemed perfect! JMU wasn't bad either  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:54 am
Inucoli
Lyrically Adagio
Inucoli

You may smile I REALLY want to go to VA Tech. I went down there over spring break and it seemed perfect! JMU wasn't bad either

VA Tech does seem absolutely lovely, doesn't it? :) I don't even graduate for another two years yet, but it's nice to see that the incoming class hasn't lost their inspiration to attend after what happened last month. Yay for you!

Lyrically Adagio

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:15 pm
I need to know what I want to do, engineering is NSCU whish is close or U of M which is my dream school that I will never get in, plus great music. I might do somthing along the lines of education and go to UNC or I dunno. I like App State, its very nice in boone, and mountains are cool.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Tubariffic
I need to know what I want to do, engineering is NSCU whish is close or U of M which is my dream school that I will never get in, plus great music. I might do somthing along the lines of education and go to UNC or I dunno. I like App State, its very nice in boone, and mountains are cool.

You mean University of Michigan? I used to live 15 minutes from there smile  

Inucoli

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:55 pm
Inucoli
Tubariffic

You mean University of Michigan? I used to live 15 minutes from there smile

Heck yes! Greatest school EVER!  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games