Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 pm
Kuroiban
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I wouldn't call that a "worst thing to say as a Pagan", but I'd still not particularly agree with it.

Of course they don't have to choose to be intellectual and spiritually honest. But if they choose that course of action, it's to their negative, and they deserve whatever judgement is laid on them. "People will do what they like" is insufficient reason for anything. Because at the end of the day, people are going to be willfully ignorant. People are going to be intellectually dishonest. People are going to be racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, classist and everything else, and there's going to be nothing we can do to put a full stop to any of it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. So sure, what I say may have no effect, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting said. Because at that point, what I do is more important for me as a person than what the other person thinks about it.

I wouldn't agree with it either; I'd just be forced to admit they have a point.
It's just kind of a pointless argument. Saying that people are going to do as they please isn't a good reason to stop me from doing anything, so if someone used that argument to say something against what I was doing, my only response would be "And?"

Really I don't think they even have a point. Of course people are going to do what they like. That's a non-issue.

ETA: The reason they have no point is because the statement "people will do what they like" doesn't make someone not wrong. Even if they want to do the wrong thing they are doing, they are still wrong. It's shoddy as an excuse, and illogical as an argument.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Kuroiban
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I wouldn't call that a "worst thing to say as a Pagan", but I'd still not particularly agree with it.

Of course they don't have to choose to be intellectual and spiritually honest. But if they choose that course of action, it's to their negative, and they deserve whatever judgement is laid on them. "People will do what they like" is insufficient reason for anything. Because at the end of the day, people are going to be willfully ignorant. People are going to be intellectually dishonest. People are going to be racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, classist and everything else, and there's going to be nothing we can do to put a full stop to any of it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. So sure, what I say may have no effect, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting said. Because at that point, what I do is more important for me as a person than what the other person thinks about it.

I wouldn't agree with it either; I'd just be forced to admit they have a point.
It's just kind of a pointless argument. Saying that people are going to do as they please isn't a good reason to stop me from doing anything, so if someone used that argument to say something against what I was doing, my only response would be "And?"

Really I don't think they even have a point. Of course people are going to do what they like. That's a non-issue.

ETA: The reason they have no point is because the statement "people will do what they like" doesn't make someone not wrong. Even if they want to do the wrong thing they are doing, they are still wrong. It's shoddy as an excuse, and illogical as an argument.

Well said.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:03 am
Bill Schoebelen is a "Satanic expert" who claims that he was involved in a bunch of groups that turned out to be Satanic (including but not limited to Wicca, the Mormon church, Freemasonry, and Catholicism) before converting to Born Again Christianity. Here is some of his "expertise" on pagans and witches:

“Essentially, a Pagan believes most everything the Witch believes, but is kind of a lay person, whereas a Witch is more of a Priestess or Shaman.”

(Found here.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 am
Yanueh
Bill Schoebelen is a "Satanic expert" who claims that he was involved in a bunch of groups that turned out to be Satanic (including but not limited to Wicca, the Mormon church, Freemasonry, and Catholicism) before converting to Born Again Christianity. Here is some of his "expertise" on pagans and witches:

“Essentially, a Pagan believes most everything the Witch believes, but is kind of a lay person, whereas a Witch is more of a Priestess or Shaman.”

(Found here.)

It's wrong- granted, but I can see why someone would think that if they were part of the early pagan movement in the 50's and 60's.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:00 pm
Quote:
Can you picture a world where greed and avarice, things like self-involvement and bad manners were believed malevolent spirits that required ritual exorcism? Again, wow. I can feel your skepticism and doubt creeping in. Did you know that they are spirits too?

-Source.

*twitch*

*twitch*

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 pm
Yanueh
Quote:
Can you picture a world where greed and avarice, things like self-involvement and bad manners were believed malevolent spirits that required ritual exorcism? Again, wow. I can feel your skepticism and doubt creeping in. Did you know that they are spirits too?

-Source.

*twitch*

*twitch*

Ha!

Now I can go around saying I'm possessed by the twin spirits of doubt and skepticism.

No, wait. I think instead of possessed, they're my soul-bonds.

That's right, I'm soul-bonded to doubt and skepticism.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 am
Yanueh
Quote:

-Source.

*twitch*

*twitch*

From the same source:

Quote:
To be pagan means that we believe that our ancestors are as accessible as the Internet.

I coughed.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:20 am
The whole article was just stupid. "Oh, no, I'm not naive about how it was back then..." *faps to fantasies of the stone age*

I'd also like to know where she's getting her claim that stone age humans only got 15% of their caloric intake from meat. Which humans? Diet varied depending on region, generally with more plant foods eaten in warmer areas and more meat eaten in colder areas. Is she talking about African humans? European humans? Some kind of average? What?  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:31 am
Yanueh
The whole article was just stupid. "Oh, no, I'm not naive about how it was back then..." *faps to fantasies of the stone age*

I'd also like to know where she's getting her claim that stone age humans only got 15% of their caloric intake from meat. Which humans? Diet varied depending on region, generally with more plant foods eaten in warmer areas and more meat eaten in colder areas. Is she talking about African humans? European humans? Some kind of average? What?
lol not to mention the different species of humans that existed back then had different dietary needs on top of that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:44 am
Been having me some fun today...

EDIT: Something happened to my pictures.

EDIT 2: Here we are!  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm
Arcanist Angus
Yanueh
Quote:

-Source.

*twitch*

*twitch*

From the same source:

Quote:
To be pagan means that we believe that our ancestors are as accessible as the Internet.

I coughed.

I don't blame you...it's amazing how whacked some people are...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm
Someone in the Supernatural forum claims to have mastered Chaos magic and chance manipulation after about two weeks of practice.

Then she assumed my disbelief of her abilities were because I was a Christian and would like her to turn back to God from her evil ways.

This was all after she said she made a complete thoughtform one afternoon and sent it to talk to a friend in another state.

Oh, and the demons don't bother her so much anymore.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 pm
"Master" chaos magic?

What the hell is this bullshit?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:25 pm
Bane of Ezekiel
"Master" chaos magic?

What the hell is this bullshit?

Oh, I got my things mixed up. She's epic at Chaos magic and has mastered micro-PK, which she describes as manipulating luck.

Quote:
I want to improve my skills in PK, and I don't want to use the psi wheel or any other crap. I have basically mastered micro PK, and would like to move onto macro PK.

Quote:
I seem to be epic at magick... I made a friend's luck turn around instantly. I am into chaos magick. NO BS. Any suggestions on where to go next?

Quote:
No... I'm not fluffy. My friend is a christian and quite prone to calling everything evil.

I also want to point out that I have been in energy working for 4 years. I know how it works.

Quote:
Someone Else
Quote:
Oh, yeah? What else endlessly deceives you but helps you just to keep tormenting you? Christian demons are never "good" if you count good as on the side of God... but I am an atheist. Most of the time. What would they be trying to turn me away from if there was no god?

Not to mention, I've felt possession by "good" entities... and these are not good.

I know I sound like an attention whore, but honestly, I'm saying what I believe.

if you are an atheist i find it odd that you believe you have a demonic entity watching over you.

'nuff said. Seriously, read the posts better. Besides, I used to watch Psychic Kids and Paranormal State- and it would always be some demon or another. My friend also said that it would be one. You can be an atheist and still believe in demons.

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 pm
Quote:
I'm a unicorn. Your statement is invalidated by my existence!

I wouldn't mind using that some days. But I know this won't actually work, alas.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff