Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am
Whatever this world tells you
You’re the best to me just the way you are
Don’t ever be scared
Whatever people say, you’re okay Alright
You are strong
You say yes or no yes or no
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Fσυятн Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi was extra super duper late and was running towards the pitch like there were demons on her heels. While playing Quidditch wasn't her entire way of life, it was a commitment she'd made and she would be sticking to it until she was no longer needed. Plus, she'd taken two flying classes last year and she'd be darned if they didn't get put into use! When she finally made it down, it seemed as though pretty much everyone was already there including some first years which made her feel worse for being late but seeing as they were all still on the ground made her elated that she wasn't too late. "Ohthankgod!" she groaned wanting to flop on the ground but instead went to fill out the now familiar form.
                                                      Username: Yukina101
                                                      Character's Name: Gi-Seung Cho
                                                      House: Gryffindor
                                                      Year: Fourth
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                      Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy, Good Arm
                                                      First Choice Position: Chaser?
                                                      Second Choice Position: Wherever I'm needed

Quote:

Position:~
AC: 15
Modifiers: +6 shoot
Roll: ~
Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [✔] [✔] [✔] [✔]

To the 20th century girls
Live your life
Live your life come on baby
To the 21st century girls
You don’t mind
You don’t mind that new lady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Team Beater
Fourth Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 14 years old...

Location: Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Tryouts

Gabby was surprised that Lucy would pick her to be vice captain. Although the idea of taking the position for the team was a dream. There was certainly no thinking about it. “I think that would be great.” She replied. “I’d love to be the teams vice captain.” She added brightly. It was probably the happiest Gabby had been her entire time at Hogwarts, well aside from actually making the team. “So, what’s the game plan?” She asked curiously. Gryffindor was always pretty good for having a lot of members. So, it would be fun to see where everyone would be placed and just how well everyone would do. Especially with all the new members.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Looking forward to tryouts.
                                                  Wearing: Tryout Outfit

With: Gryffindor Team

OOC:
                                                  Aiming: --- Saving: --- - Total Roll: --
                                                  AC: 19
                                                  Modifiers: +9 AC, +7 Hitting
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

oyehh

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

SEVENTHxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxPREFECTxxxxxxKEEPER
                                                        CAPTAIN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucy nearly cheered when Gabby happily agreed to be her vice-captain, but managed to tone it down to a wide grin. ”Great! You’ll do great. Now, I want to start the tryouts first, but we’ll watch and discuss the team placements after that, okay?”

Soon, it was time to start the tryouts Lucy gathered the papers, whistling to grab everyone’s attention and letting out a friendly smile. It was time to get into captain mode. ”Hello everyone! To those who don’t know me, I’m Lucy Jacobs and I’m your captain for this year, and I’d like you all to welcome your vice-captain, Gabby Stanford. Before we start, we need to lay some ground rules. You’ll have to obey any instructions Gabby and I give, and if you have any problems or suggestions, talk to us first. I don’t want to see any disrespect from anyone, whether it’s to me, Gabby, or the rest of your teammates. And lastly, this is Quidditch, so we want to win, of course, but don’t forget to have fun. Otherwise what’s the point of playing?“

After pausing for a moment to let it all since, Lucy continued. ”Now, before I start the tryouts, you all need to warm up. If you’re finished stretching, I want you all to run two laps around the pitch before taking off. We’ll have a short scrimmage match between the chasers and seekers. Alec, Zach, Gi and Aniyah, you four will be the red chasers with Drew seeking, Brianna, Aine, Cady and Donner, you’ll be the Gold chasers with Aria seeking and Myron, you’ll be the keeper for both teams. As for beaters, Made, Kory, Anasofia, Jackson and London there are some targets set up for you guys so try to hit as many as possible. Gabby and I will be observing you.” They were lucky that they had so many players, Lucy knew that the other teams were struggling. There were more chasers in the team than normal, but they’ll have to make do. Should be interesting at least.

Once the shirt colours were changed and people finished their laps, Lucy released the balls and gestured for Gabby to follow her as they moved away to watch.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxQuidditch Pitchxxxxxw i t hxxher teammates
                                                            f e e l i n gxxdeterminedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractise clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        Teams under the spoiler. There are four targets and you need to roll 16+ to hit them.
                                                        Red Team
                                                        Chasers: Alec, Zach, Gi, Aniyah
                                                        Seeker: Drew

Gold Team
                                                        Chasers: Brianna, Aine, Cady, Donner
                                                        Seeker: Aria

murruelecreusetx

Diamond Walesx

Julian Galaksylphx

Yukina101x

Miss GryffindorKx

The Forgotten Weasleyx

Neryemx

Summer IIx

Devlyn Maycryx

kiska166x

Julian Galaksylph rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 am
User Image

( Adopted HalfbloodFourth Year GryffindorSeeker ) xx

She's a rebel, she's a saint
                                                        She's the salt of the earth and she's dangerous
                                                        She's a rebel, vigilante; Missing link on the brink of destruction
                                                        From Chicago to Toronto,
                                                        She's the one that they call old 'whatshername'
                                                        She's the symbol of resistance
                                                        And she's holding on my heart like a hand grenade

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew rolled her eyes good-naturedly when Myron remarked that she can be a good candidate for the Gryffindor team. As much as she was friendly enough around people, Drew was honestly sure that Gabby deserved it more. And why not? Gabby was dedicated in this sport, after all. So when her bet went right and the aforementioned redhead did get VC, she smirked proudly and told Myron, "I thought so, she deserved it."

When she was appointed to play for the red team, Drew grinned before doing her laps with her new broom. And after doing so, she flew up and began her search.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Is she dreaming what I'm thinking?
                                                        Is she the mother of all bombs gonna detonate?
                                                        Is she trouble like I'm trouble?
                                                        Make it a double, twist of fate, or a melody that
                                                        She sings the revolution: The dawning of our lives
                                                        She brings this liberation that I just can't define
                                                        Well, nothing comes to mind

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Quidditch Tryouts 2040xx

Position : Red Team Seeker
                                                        AC : 17
                                                        Modifiers : Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
                                                        Special Skills : .+7 for Catching, +7 for Spotting
                                                        Lives : O O O
                                                        Final Roll : 26 (Spotted)

Chasing : x/3
                                                        Catching : x/2

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Julian Galaksylph rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 2, 5, 4, 1, 2, 10, 2, 7 Total: 45 (10-100)

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 am

( HalfbloodFirst Year GryffindorMetamorphagus ) xx

I'м иσт ραѕѕινε вυт αggяεѕѕινε. Tαкε иσтε, ιт'ѕ иσт ιмρяεѕѕινε
                                                        Σмρтч чσυя ѕαdиεѕѕ lιкε чσυ'яε dυмριиg чσυя ρυяѕε-
                                                        Oи мч вεdяσσм ƒlσσя, ωε ρυт чσυя cυяѕε ιи яενεяѕε
                                                        Aиd ιт'ѕ συя тιмε иσω ιƒ чσυ ωαит ιт тσ вε
                                                        Mαυl тнε ωσяld lιкε α cαяиιναl вεαя ѕεт ƒяεε
                                                        Aиd чσυя lσνε ιѕ αиεмιc αиd I cαи'т вεlιενε
                                                        Tнαт чσυ cσυldи'т ѕεε ιт cσмιиg ƒσя мε

Donner grinned in excitement, his hair turning pinker when he found out that he'll be playing with Drew's relative and Felix's big sister. This should be a blast. After doing his laps, he flew up to the air as he volunteered to go for the toss-up.

Aиd I ѕтιll ƒεεl тнαт яυѕн ιи мч νειиѕ
                                                        Iт тωιѕтѕ мч нεαd jυѕт α вιт тσσ тнιи
                                                        All тнσѕε ρεσρlε ιи тнσѕε σld ρнσтσgяαρнѕ I'νε ѕεεи αяε dεαd
                                                        Aиd ιи тнε εиd, I'll dσ ιт αll αgαιи!
                                                        I тнιик чσυ'яε мч вεѕт ƒяιεиd
                                                        Ðσи'т чσυ киσω тнαт тнε кιdѕ αяεи'т αl- кιdѕ αяεи'т αlяιgнт?

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Tryouts 2040xx

Position : Gold Team Chaser
                                                        AC : 12
                                                        Modifiers : Scoring (+2)
                                                        Special Skills : Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                        Lives : O O O O
                                                        Final Roll : #

To Goals : 0/3

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 am
User Image

( Adopted HalfbloodFourth Year GryffindorSeeker ) xx

She's a rebel, she's a saint
                                                        She's the salt of the earth and she's dangerous
                                                        She's a rebel, vigilante; Missing link on the brink of destruction
                                                        From Chicago to Toronto,
                                                        She's the one that they call old 'whatshername'
                                                        She's the symbol of resistance
                                                        And she's holding on my heart like a hand grenade

Drew smirked as she easily found it, proceeding to chase after it.

Is she dreaming what I'm thinking?
                                                        Is she the mother of all bombs gonna detonate?
                                                        Is she trouble like I'm trouble?
                                                        Make it a double, twist of fate, or a melody that
                                                        She sings the revolution: The dawning of our lives
                                                        She brings this liberation that I just can't define
                                                        Well, nothing comes to mind

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((+6 hour rule))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Quidditch Tryouts 2040xx

Position : Red Team Seeker
                                                        AC : 17
                                                        Modifiers : Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
                                                        Special Skills : .+7 for Catching, +7 for Spotting
                                                        Lives : O O O
                                                        Final Roll : 26 (Spotted)

Chasing : 1/3
                                                        Catching : x/2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yukina101 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 6, 1, 7, 3, 10, 6, 6, 9 Total: 61 (10-100)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am
Don’t ever be scared
You are strong

╰☆╮Gi made sure to give a short clap of congratulations to Gabby for being chosen as vice captain before taking off for her running laps. Once those were over she grabbed her broom and went up for the toss up against Drew's younger brother.

Quote:

Position: Red Chaser

Live your life
You don’t mind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 am
Don’t ever be scared
You are strong

╰☆╮Gi grinned as she grabbed the quaffle and made her way down the field.

Quote:

Live your life
You don’t mind

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am
She said "at night in my dreams
You dance on a tightrope of weird
Oh but when I wake up
You're so normal that you just disappear
You're so straight like commuters
With briefcases towing the line

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ ƓƦƳƑƑƖƝƊƠƦ ¤ ƬƛƤЄ ƧƖƊЄ ƛ

Jack groaned as they were told to run laps but still put down his broom and jogged with the rest of the team. When he was finally through (and slightly out of breath) he went back to grab his broom and borrowed beater bat and positioned himself by the targets like instructed. When a bludger came at him, he swung hoping to at least clip a target.

Position: Beater
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 to Hit, +2 to Catch
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Quote:

Quote:

There's no residue of a torturer
Inside of your eyes
She said you're just like Mike Love
But you wanna be Brian Wilson, Brian Wilson
But you'll never be Brian Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 am
She said "at night in my dreams
You dance on a tightrope of weird
Oh but when I wake up
You're so normal that you just disappear
You're so straight like commuters
With briefcases towing the line

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ ƓƦƳƑƑƖƝƊƠƦ ¤ ƬƛƤЄ ƧƖƊЄ ƛ

Jack yelped when instead of hitting the bludger, the ball smacked into his thigh leaving what he was pretty sure going to be an epic bruise.

AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 to Hit, +2 to Catch
Roll: 4 (fail)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Great Catch

Quote:

Quote:

There's no residue of a torturer
Inside of your eyes
But you wanna be Brian Wilson, Brian Wilson
But you'll never be Brian Wilson

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm
                                          ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                          Brianna Overton
                                          Gryffindor - Sixteen - Sixth Year - Reserve Chaser - Muggleborn
                                          ╚═══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

As she did her stretches, Aniyah, the first year from the sorting feast, joined her. "Hey! Nah, don't worry. Didn't miss anything yet," Brianna answered, but just as she did so, Lucy called for everybody's attention. The blonde turned her attention to the new captain as well as the new vice captain, who happened to be younger than Bree. The girl frowned, thinking if she didn't back out from being on first string last year that she would've gotten that position this year. Either way, she was happy for her housemate, regardless of the fact that she would have loved the opportunity to be the captain of the team next year. After all, Brianna didn't doubt her own ability to help lead the team to victory.

Once the tryout teams were announced, Brianna smirked at Aniyah. "Don't expect me to go easy on you," she said with a wink before taking off into the air. Donner went for the toss up and got the quaffle, but soon lost it to Gi. Brianna dived after the girl, hoping to steal the quaffle back for the Gold team.

Team: Gold Chaser
                                          Armour Class: 18
                                          Modifiers: (stealing +8 ) (scoring +8 )
                                          Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                          Total Roll: 22 (stolen)
                                          Steal: > opponent’s AC
                                          Score: > opponent’s roll

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                          Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm
                                          ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                          Brianna Overton
                                          Gryffindor - Sixteen - Sixth Year - Reserve Chaser - Muggleborn
                                          ╚═══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

With the quaffle tucked under her armpit, Brianna headed down the pitch.

Team: Gold Chaser
                                          Armour Class: 18
                                          Modifiers: (stealing +8 ) (scoring +8 )
                                          Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                          Total Roll:
                                          Steal: > opponent’s AC
                                          Score: > opponent’s roll

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                          Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm
Find yourself a girl, and settle down
Live a simple life in a quiet town
Steady as she goes (steady as she goes)
Your friends have shown a kink in the single life
You've had too much to think, now you need a wife

ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

seventh year │ gryffindor chaser │ pureblood

Alec went after Brianna, intent on stealing the quaffle from the younger girl.

OOC:
AC: 20
Mods: +8 Stealing, +6 Scoring
Total Roll: 24 (stolen)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Dang Healthy
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Username

Well here we go again, you've found yourself a friend, that knows you well
But no matter what you do, you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell
When you have completed what you thought you had to do
And your blood's depleted to the point of stable glue
Settle for a girl neither up or down, sell it to the crowd that's gathered round
Steady as she goes; are you steady now, steady as she goes; are you steady now?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm
Find yourself a girl, and settle down
Live a simple life in a quiet town
Your friends have shown a kink in the single life
You've had too much to think, now you need a wife

ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

seventh year │ gryffindor chaser │ pureblood

Alec came away with the quaffle and headed for the goals.

OOC:
AC: 20
Mods: +8 Stealing, +6 Scoring
Total Roll: 24 (stolen)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Dang Healthy
Post to Goal: 1/3
Number of Goals Made: 0

Username

Well here we go again, you've found yourself a friend, that knows you well
But no matter what you do, you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell
When you have completed what you thought you had to do
And your blood's depleted to the point of stable glue
Settle for a girl neither up or down, sell it to the crowd that's gathered round
Steady as she goes; are you steady now, steady as she goes; are you steady now?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 pm
You're keeping in step in the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
'Cause you do what you're told
But inside your heart it is black
And it's hollow and it's cold

M A D O C
R H Y D D E R C H
W A R L O W

gryffindor │ fourth year │ halfblood

Mad was annoyed that he'd be aiming at targets, not people, but he swung hard anyways.

OOC:
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits
Total Roll: 16 (miss)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer

Username

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games