Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Hogwarts Express [End of Summer Term] begins pg 217 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you enjoy this term at hogwarts
of course i did! im always up for a brawl
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
yes who doesnt love to be a part of a fashion show
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes classes were amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes i made lots of new friends in the campgrounds
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
no the castle needed our help defending it yet again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no fashion police keep pulling me over
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
no classes were too hard/boring or not worth the effort
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no i was to busy being ignored
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
pollwhore
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
You might be good with magic if you follow loki or you could be good with divenation if you follow odin
Odin was supposed to have hung him self by his feet from the world tree then cut out his eye the blood that fell made the runes used in runic magic most commonly used for divenation also how the nords made an alphabet for their first written language nordic and celtic are cusions its why germany (the viso goths the goths and most of the barbarian tribes that sacked rome)and france(the franks one of the most feared barbarian tribes that was split in two half helping rome half sacking rome[the franks are supposed to be 6 feet tall 300 pounds of muscle back when average height and weight of a man was 4feet to 5 feetand weighing about 180-250 pounds] are said to have celtic ties

And then we look at the French today... lol
I have been looking into runes and such after I started studying Norse mythology. Odin is very interesting in that he has two ravens which go out into the world each day and report back to him all that they see. It's like they keep watch over the present while he looks to the future. Plus, I've always believed that there are other worlds somewhere that harbor life, which makes these myths all the more rewarding for me to study. It keeps me hopeful.

i too have studied mythology of the greeks romans egyptians nords and a few random native american mythologies and you are forgetting that the ravens number three and that each has three eys in a triangle shape i wonder if the morigan knew of odin? She is one of the triple godesses she is death she is battle and she is birth she is the crow godesses hectate is another of the triple faced goddesses. She is the maiden the lady and the old crone

I thought there were only two?
nope there are 3 its another reference to the power of three

Hm... I suppose I shall have to reread it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
You might be good with magic if you follow loki or you could be good with divenation if you follow odin
Odin was supposed to have hung him self by his feet from the world tree then cut out his eye the blood that fell made the runes used in runic magic most commonly used for divenation also how the nords made an alphabet for their first written language nordic and celtic are cusions its why germany (the viso goths the goths and most of the barbarian tribes that sacked rome)and france(the franks one of the most feared barbarian tribes that was split in two half helping rome half sacking rome[the franks are supposed to be 6 feet tall 300 pounds of muscle back when average height and weight of a man was 4feet to 5 feetand weighing about 180-250 pounds] are said to have celtic ties

And then we look at the French today... lol
I have been looking into runes and such after I started studying Norse mythology. Odin is very interesting in that he has two ravens which go out into the world each day and report back to him all that they see. It's like they keep watch over the present while he looks to the future. Plus, I've always believed that there are other worlds somewhere that harbor life, which makes these myths all the more rewarding for me to study. It keeps me hopeful.

i too have studied mythology of the greeks romans egyptians nords and a few random native american mythologies and you are forgetting that the ravens number three and that each has three eys in a triangle shape i wonder if the morigan knew of odin? She is one of the triple godesses she is death she is battle and she is birth she is the crow godesses hectate is another of the triple faced goddesses. She is the maiden the lady and the old crone

I thought there were only two?
nope there are 3 its another reference to the power of three

its not really important but there are varying reports of how many ravens a few things i have read say three others say two others say a flock but there is one important fact they always are ravens and they all have three eyes  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
its not really important but there are varying reports of how many ravens a few things i have read say three others say two others say a flock but there is one important fact they always are ravens and they all have three eyes

Yep. All-seeing eyes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:53 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen

its also said that he can turn any raven into one of his special ravens but he only does it when one dies  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:58 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen

its also said that he can turn any raven into one of his special ravens but he only does it when one dies

That seems reasonable.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:34 pm
Clover_IceQueen
(Don't worry. I'm just a beginner too. That's why I have a hard time deciphering legitimate Magick from fake things. Therefore, I am hesitant to try spells that I find online because I'm afraid they will have negative consequences for me...
I've been sticking to simple spells, and they seem to be working pretty well for me. Once I get more experience, I'll be able to try a spell that I've had my eye on for a while. It is said to heal acne, which I really need!)

((I have a rather different approach to things, so I don't worry about that stuff at all. It's a lot of work and sometimes makes me feel like an outsider but I think it will be worth it. ))  

SharpProcess

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 pm
Mothette x
Clover_IceQueen
(Don't worry. I'm just a beginner too. That's why I have a hard time deciphering legitimate Magick from fake things. Therefore, I am hesitant to try spells that I find online because I'm afraid they will have negative consequences for me...
I've been sticking to simple spells, and they seem to be working pretty well for me. Once I get more experience, I'll be able to try a spell that I've had my eye on for a while. It is said to heal acne, which I really need!)

((I have a rather different approach to things, so I don't worry about that stuff at all. It's a lot of work and sometimes makes me feel like an outsider but I think it will be worth it. ))

(I know how you feel. I don't have any friends around here who practice Magick, so I'm left on my own. I just have to keep trying!)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 pm
"hey look i can see hogsmeade in the distance we must be getting close" sees erik coming this way looking pissed
"later erik is coming and i still have his hat"

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:56 pm
Priscilla puts her paws up on the window, as if she knew the train would be stopping soon and she was eager to see the destination. Crystal scratches behind her ears. "We're almost there!"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:21 pm
*stomps his way into the compartment of students*
"which one of you stole my hat?!" erik yells
*searches the compartment*
Well i cant find it here but we have arrived at hogsmeade station. So get off my precious train you dirty messy students.
Draws wand and casts a unknown spell to kick everyone off the train again they all land in a pile.
*train zooms off while erik polshes the compartment

HPGoG Train Conductor

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Hailey crawled out from the pile of bodies just as she did at the start of summer term and rubbed her elbow, which hurt from her landing on it.

"I hope James gives Erik his hat back soon so we won't be shoved onto the platform anymore" Hailey grumbled to those closest to her. She got up and straightened her rumpled clothes and looked at the castle with fondness. "I missed this place."

"Well guys, it's time to start another year so any first years should head over to the dock on the far end of the platform and my fellow second years and up, it's time for us to catch a carriage."

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff