Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:00 pm
Kuroiban
Eltanin Sadachbia
I know a guy who believes he is the human incarnation of the angel Raziel...

In no particular order I've met an angel discarded by god, several half-vampires, a werewolf cursed to human form (that's always been my favorite one), the God Chronos (he was also, previously, a half-vampire), and a few others that I can't think of at the present moment.
Welcome to the reason why I tend to believe the only thing more stupid than otherkin are otherkin who think they things other than extant animals.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:03 pm
Hawk Atreides
Gods have "stats". Objective stats that determine which deity is most powerful. Also, depending on who you ask, Ragnarök has already happened - all you Asatruar out there are worshiping dead gods!

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
Oh sweet mead, what are they going to think of the Asatruar that hold Ragnarok as cyclical?

And of course the Gods have stats, how else am I supposed to choose a divine parent for my Scion character? I need a good assortment of Purviews and Epic Stats, dammit.

Oh, you mean for reals.... awkward.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:45 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Kuroiban
Eltanin Sadachbia

In no particular order I've met an angel discarded by god, several half-vampires, a werewolf cursed to human form (that's always been my favorite one), the God Chronos (he was also, previously, a half-vampire), and a few others that I can't think of at the present moment.
Welcome to the reason why I tend to believe the only thing more stupid than otherkin are otherkin who think they things other than extant animals.

Eh...stupidity doesn't phase me like it used too...these days I just try and get something that makes a good story.

Someone at work once asked me if 110 pennies equaled a dollar and ten cents. After that, the reincarnation of a video game character from another dimension doesn't really phase me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:52 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Kuroiban
Eltanin Sadachbia

What's worse - the fact that the original definition of "otherkin" explicitly excludes extant terrestrial animals from the group. Elves and vampires? Sure. Anime/video game characters? Why not! Aliens and even deities? Good to go. Fox? WHOA HOLD UP THERE YOU'RE MESSED UP IN THE HEAD.  

Hawk Atreides

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 pm
Hawk Atreides
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Kuroiban
Eltanin Sadachbia

What's worse - the fact that the original definition of "otherkin" explicitly excludes extant terrestrial animals from the group. Elves and vampires? Sure. Anime/video game characters? Why not! Aliens and even deities? Good to go. Fox? WHOA HOLD UP THERE YOU'RE MESSED UP IN THE HEAD.
Well, I'm done, nuke them from orbit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:36 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Hawk Atreides
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Kuroiban
Eltanin Sadachbia

Well, I'm done, nuke them from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.  

Collowrath

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:41 am
There's a person on the Hellenic lists claiming that a modern festival, created by an active and loud member of the community, is ancient and taught to him by his Orphic teachers in Athens. Of which he cannot release any details about the rituals.

Gerald Gardner this person ain't. I knew my bullshit detector was working.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 pm
maenad nuri
There's a person on the Hellenic lists claiming that a modern festival, created by an active and loud member of the community, is ancient and taught to him by his Orphic teachers in Athens. Of which he cannot release any details about the rituals.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:52 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
maenad nuri

Don't ask. And I'm weirded out that no one has called him out on it. The modern festival is pretty damn neat on its own.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm
Quote:
Personally I am a true blood Wiccan Child.

gonk  

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:40 am
Bane of Ezekiel
Quote:
Personally I am a true blood Wiccan Child.

gonk

Ask the person in question if Stackhouse puts out as much as the television show would have us believe. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:53 pm
"We can't question the spiritual satisfaction of others."

Excuse me, whilst I laugh until I die.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:09 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Presented significantly differently, and I might have conceded a point on this.

If it was; "While you might disagree and have relevant data/information/proof about what person X is wrong in their practice or the conventions of it...it's their practice and they are going to do what they want. At the end of the day, your objection isn't going to matter if they choose not to acknowledge your understanding or knowledge." I would have had to begrudgingly admit the point.

However, I get the feeling it was more that "Whatever someone wants to do is just fine and you have to just deal with it and accept it and respect it unconditionally every time in every situation no questions asked." sort of mind set that thinks that everyone is an uberduper awesome unique snowflake....

...so yeah, not so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:07 am
Kuroiban
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Presented significantly differently, and I might have conceded a point on this.

If it was; "While you might disagree and have relevant data/information/proof about what person X is wrong in their practice or the conventions of it...it's their practice and they are going to do what they want. At the end of the day, your objection isn't going to matter if they choose not to acknowledge your understanding or knowledge." I would have had to begrudgingly admit the point.
I wouldn't call that a "worst thing to say as a Pagan", but I'd still not particularly agree with it.

Of course they don't have to choose to be intellectual and spiritually honest. But if they choose that course of action, it's to their negative, and they deserve whatever judgement is laid on them. "People will do what they like" is insufficient reason for anything. Because at the end of the day, people are going to be willfully ignorant. People are going to be intellectually dishonest. People are going to be racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, classist and everything else, and there's going to be nothing we can do to put a full stop to any of it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. So sure, what I say may have no effect, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting said. Because at that point, what I do is more important for me as a person than what the other person thinks about it.

Quote:
However, I get the feeling it was more that "Whatever someone wants to do is just fine and you have to just deal with it and accept it and respect it unconditionally every time in every situation no questions asked." sort of mind set that thinks that everyone is an uberduper awesome unique snowflake....

...so yeah, not so much.
Oh, moreover, it's arrogant for me to even suggest that people focus on anything but how their religion spiritually satisfies them.

It's arrogant... for me... to say think about the culture or Gods you are working with...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU scream  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:50 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I wouldn't call that a "worst thing to say as a Pagan", but I'd still not particularly agree with it.

Of course they don't have to choose to be intellectual and spiritually honest. But if they choose that course of action, it's to their negative, and they deserve whatever judgement is laid on them. "People will do what they like" is insufficient reason for anything. Because at the end of the day, people are going to be willfully ignorant. People are going to be intellectually dishonest. People are going to be racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, classist and everything else, and there's going to be nothing we can do to put a full stop to any of it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. So sure, what I say may have no effect, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting said. Because at that point, what I do is more important for me as a person than what the other person thinks about it.

I wouldn't agree with it either; I'd just be forced to admit they have a point.

Quote:
Oh, moreover, it's arrogant for me to even suggest that people focus on anything but how their religion spiritually satisfies them.

It's arrogant... for me... to say think about the culture or Gods you are working with...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU scream

This is why I haven't been able to get into theological debates on the internet in quite a while. I remember I was trying to bring some awareness of a fluffy of some sort in this very guild. It wasn't anything dogmatically wrong...it was more akin to an academic mislabeling. Something like someone was saying they were both a hard polytheist and a soft polytheist at the same time or something like that. It wasn't that EXACTLY, but it was similar in context; something clearly not workable in any sort of cohesive philosophical paradigm.

I was courteous yet firm, explaining to her how the two separate ideas could not work together. That she had to be one or the other...or hell something else entirely...but you could not by definition be both at the same. My argument was carefully worded, and presented with out hubris or antagonism.

I was basically told that I was wrong, and an a*****e for trying to tell her she was wrong when even Wikipedia could have told her that. It was...very very frusterating.

Typically, I assume people on the internet aren't looking for information on most forums. They tend to be trolls, idiots looking not to learn or teach but to tell other people about how right they are and how wrong everyone else is without clause or condition, or both. Quite frankly, I have enough going on in my life without having to deal with a million Napoleon Complexes.

So, I entirely understand your frustration...it's the same sentiment that keeps me off M&R.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff