Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:04 am

An incredible question. The answer being that I rest my laptop beside my couch when I'm not using it for the most part. Now, that's not a huge issue, but I have a dog and the fan for a Toshiba A105 Satellite isn't all that big. So, a bit of hair and dust can go a long way to make the fan a lot more noisy.

That and it had been exposed to two years of dog hair and dust.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:58 am

It helps (this goes for all computers and laptops alike) to once in a while hook up an airgun to a compressor and blow the fans or even better, the cases out. We do this two to three times per year and it does help reduce in noise and longivity of our hardware.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Lt. Brookman
It helps (this goes for all computers and laptops alike) to once in a while hook up an airgun to a compressor and blow the fans or even better, the cases out. We do this two to three times per year and it does help reduce in noise and longivity of our hardware.

Yeah. I am, for the most part, hardware savvy. It just didn't hit me to clean out my fan from time to time. That'll become a semesterly thing, though, 'specially given that I'm going to be purchasing a new rig fairly soon.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm

I bought a new rig last year with extra fans, while this keeps it quiet and cool it does suck up a lot of extra dust.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:59 am

Lt. Brookman
I bought a new rig last year with extra fans, while this keeps it quiet and cool it does suck up a lot of extra dust.

if you have a fan blowing in air as well as one blowing out air
you get no dust.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:02 am

Hmm, yeah I might have to switch a fan around some time.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:25 pm

How do you go about cleaning the dust out of a laptop fan? I've had mine for two years and haven't done so; it tends to run a bit warm as a default.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:01 am

Disengage everything, get a can of compressed air and use that to blow out the fan, slots, inserts and whatnots.

If the heat remains and warrenty is void just get a small screw driver and open the casing, or at least the part where the fan is, most laptops allow for that and blow it clean with compressed air.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:54 am

Alright, I'll see about doing that as soon as I see compressed air in a store. It's always run a bit warm, not sure whether that's result of dust or not; it's never had any performance issues due to it.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:14 pm

It helps to perform this action once every six months and I've been told that cans of compressed air are the way to go, avoid using compressors.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm sure its been asked before. But, o: is there any really good roleplay sites or the like for 40K? : D

I's looking for some, any help would be appreciated. X3
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 am

The guild has its own RP sub forum right here, why not try there?

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 am

Lord...

In the past 72 hours, I have been to a musical festival and to my school's prom. My neck is currently so tight that I have to move my shoulders to look more than 45 degrees off of the center of my vision. My back is aching from all the standing. I have a split lip, courtesy of an elbow in a mosh pit. I have a black eye, and I don't know why. I wrenched my knee at after prom so badly that I felt it pop all through my body. It hurts to the point that I can't get it fully straight.

Aaaaah, it's been a hell of a few days. ^^
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:05 am

Has anything good played during those 72 hours?

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Lt. Brookman
Has anything good played during those 72 hours?

No. Nothing at all. I'm dead serious about that, too.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games