Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 am
Sad. I'll be hitting my 4 year anniversary this coming June. So I'm probably at the 3.5 mark right now?

And it's finals! WHEE! That's ok this time next week I'll be sitting in my car, driving home to enjoy a week of spring break. God I can't wait for this weekend to be over.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:34 pm
Mine was in December  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:26 pm
Tubariffic
__penguin__
Guess who just won sweepstakes at Temple City with a score of 94.2?! biggrin biggrin

Marching? We had judges on crack one year.
Week 1: Score 57.4 Bd= WTF? UZ GUYZ ON CRACKZ>?!?!?!?!?!
Week 2: Score 96.7 Bd= WTF? UZ GUYZ ON CRACKZ??!?!?!?!?!
that was a weird year.

xd : Wow. Did you guys get some weird penalty to get the 57 or something? eek  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:12 pm
__penguin__
Tubariffic
__penguin__
Guess who just won sweepstakes at Temple City with a score of 94.2?! biggrin biggrin

Marching? We had judges on crack one year.
Week 1: Score 57.4 Bd= WTF? UZ GUYZ ON CRACKZ>?!?!?!?!?!
Week 2: Score 96.7 Bd= WTF? UZ GUYZ ON CRACKZ??!?!?!?!?!
that was a weird year.

xd : Wow. Did you guys get some weird penalty to get the 57 or something? eek

no, the judges just hated us. but today....
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
STRAIGHT 1's STRAIGHT A's
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
we though we'd get a 2 >< guess the judges just reallllly liked the music  

Tubariffic
Captain

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:27 pm
[rant]You got all 1's?! DD: Sk1llz. My band went to contest last Saturday and we got all 2's on the floor. 1 on sight-reading.

The thing was. From the commentary from the first two judges you could have sworn they were gonna give us a 1.

We played this song called Metroplex.. omg it was so fast. o.o We totally nailed it though.. I actually have a recording of it here. All the fast crap starts happening at 3:40

Some of those judges are seriously messed up. The 3rd judge we had was so nitpicky about everything. He was telling us our band sounded to "bright" which we can't really help because of our instrumentation & then he said "you need more euphonium". If he would have LOOKED UP he would have seen we don't HAVE any euphoniums in our band. -_-[/rant]

But aaanyways. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:57 pm
Congrats!! biggrin But... how many number thing are there (1-what?)? We don't grade with numbers at all. eek We have ranks Superior, Excellent, Good, and Poor.  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:23 pm
__penguin__
Congrats!! biggrin But... how many number thing are there (1-what?)? We don't grade with numbers at all. eek We have ranks Superior, Excellent, Good, and Poor.

1-4, the numbers correspond with those rankings, it is just easier to say straight ones than straight superiors. =D lolz at lazyness.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:29 pm
RinoaHeartilly
[rant]You got all 1's?! DD: Sk1llz. My band went to contest last Saturday and we got all 2's on the floor. 1 on sight-reading.

The thing was. From the commentary from the first two judges you could have sworn they were gonna give us a 1.

We played this song called Metroplex.. omg it was so fast. o.o We totally nailed it though.. I actually have a recording of it here. All the fast crap starts happening at 3:40

Some of those judges are seriously messed up. The 3rd judge we had was so nitpicky about everything. He was telling us our band sounded to "bright" which we can't really help because of our instrumentation & then he said "you need more euphonium". If he would have LOOKED UP he would have seen we don't HAVE any euphoniums in our band. -_-[/rant]

But aaanyways. rolleyes

sounds like a marching show <3
we played march from symphonic metamorphosis, all of lincolnshire posy and ghost train.

Teh ghost train is coooooool
http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=4f1002d  

Tubariffic
Captain

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 pm
I've noticed that there are about a bajillion different 'funny band moments' or 'cool band stories' threads out there under various names. Think we should choose one and make it a sticky?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:51 pm
__penguin__
I've noticed that there are about a bajillion different 'funny band moments' or 'cool band stories' threads out there under various names. Think we should choose one and make it a sticky?

Maybe a subforum? becuase people want to make a thread for their own individual stories.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:07 am
Maybe you should make an announcement saying that we might be willing to make a new subforum and ask what they would want. I still vote for a band director's subforum- but that's just me. And also if you are going to do it- I recommend making it a regular thread. Why? Because a lot of people skip of stickies and announcements. Some times people just scroll right pass them to the regular threads. Of course it would require a bit more attention to make sure it doesn't fall too far behind on the forum page. But that's just my two cents.

And it's spring break. And oh- Happy St. Patrick's Day.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:02 pm
I wish Gaia would make the stupid mass PM thing, so the guild members accually read an announcement for once... stare  

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:54 pm
[Aelfwyn]
I wish Gaia would make the stupid mass PM thing, so the guild members accually read an announcement for once... stare

thatwouldbecool  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm
mass Pm thing?  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 pm
MHHornfreak
mass Pm thing?

like being able to send a message to all of the guild at one time  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games