Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Hogwarts Express [End of Summer Term] begins pg 217 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you enjoy this term at hogwarts
of course i did! im always up for a brawl
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
yes who doesnt love to be a part of a fashion show
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes classes were amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes i made lots of new friends in the campgrounds
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
no the castle needed our help defending it yet again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no fashion police keep pulling me over
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
no classes were too hard/boring or not worth the effort
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no i was to busy being ignored
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
pollwhore
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:40 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Mothette x
((I'm biased here by my involvement in witchcraft irl but )) "Charms, Divination, and Herbology are the quintessentials of witchery to me"

You study real Magick too? smile Suddenly, I don't feel so alone in this guild.
me and crystall are both pagans im a druid type i deal mostly with keeping the barrier of spritis protected helping the dead finally cross over and speaking with the elemental spirits and creatures such as salamanders slyphs dryads undines ect. she deals more in the herbology and potions than i do i have a small knowledge of the art of herbs but not as much as her what kind of practioner are you im always happy to see another practioner of the old arts

That's really cool! I wanted to sign up for divination class since that's what I really focus on in real life. I discovered at a young age that some of the dreams I had would come true a few days later. (My dreams are always really vivid, and sometimes I can tell that I'm dreaming.) For example, I predicted an earthquake on the east coast of the U.S. not long ago because I had a dream that I felt the earth moving beneath me.
So, I've been focusing mostly on meditation, dream recall, and candles/crystals that help with clairvoyance. Sometimes I question what is reliable and what is a scam, though... I don't want to purchase artifacts from a store masking as a Pagan outlet only to be ripped off with jewelry that don't work, you know? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:45 pm
Clover_IceQueen

techpriest35

((James overestimates my knowledge, I know a bit about trees specifically, but not much else herbwise. I'm actually allergic to most herbs and flowers. I've been pagan for a long time and learned a lot about witchcraft through those studies, but I only started practicing this year. I haven't really settled into a type of magic yet.))  

SharpProcess

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 pm
Mothette x
Clover_IceQueen

techpriest35

((James overestimates my knowledge, I know a bit about trees specifically, but not much else herbwise. I'm actually allergic to most herbs and flowers. I've been pagan for a long time and learned a lot about witchcraft through those studies, but I only started practicing this year. I haven't really settled into a type of magic yet.))

(Don't worry. I'm just a beginner too. That's why I have a hard time deciphering legitimate Magick from fake things. Therefore, I am hesitant to try spells that I find online because I'm afraid they will have negative consequences for me...
I've been sticking to simple spells, and they seem to be working pretty well for me. Once I get more experience, I'll be able to try a spell that I've had my eye on for a while. It is said to heal acne, which I really need!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 am
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Mothette x
((I'm biased here by my involvement in witchcraft irl but )) "Charms, Divination, and Herbology are the quintessentials of witchery to me"

me and crystall are both pagans im a druid type i deal mostly with keeping the barrier of spritis protected helping the dead finally cross over and speaking with the elemental spirits and creatures such as salamanders slyphs dryads undines ect. she deals more in the herbology and potions than i do i have a small knowledge of the art of herbs but not as much as her what kind of practioner are you im always happy to see another practioner of the old arts

That's really cool! I wanted to sign up for divination class since that's what I really focus on in real life. I discovered at a young age that some of the dreams I had would come true a few days later. (My dreams are always really vivid, and sometimes I can tell that I'm dreaming.) For example, I predicted an earthquake on the east coast of the U.S. not long ago because I had a dream that I felt the earth moving beneath me.
So, I've been focusing mostly on meditation, dream recall, and candles/crystals that help with clairvoyance. Sometimes I question what is reliable and what is a scam, though... I don't want to purchase artifacts from a store masking as a Pagan outlet only to be ripped off with jewelry that don't work, you know? sweatdrop
I experience something similar though not on such a big scale! Since I was a teenager I've had experiences of deja-vu when I /know/ I haven't been in the situation before. I had that experience just the other day at work.  

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:09 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
I experience something similar though not on such a big scale! Since I was a teenager I've had experiences of deja-vu when I /know/ I haven't been in the situation before. I had that experience just the other day at work.

That happens to me sometimes, but it seems more common when I dream about events before they happen. I believe it means that I am supposed to pursue the art of predicting the future. I just don't want to make a living off of it like fortune tellers. I actually want to be a writer. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:23 pm
monkey2979
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
*apparates to each of you and grabs and side apparates to ever expanding train compartment* " which classes would you take if you could only take 3"
Clover_IceQueen

I would choose Charms, Divination, and Transfiguration.

Two for charms and transfiguration
One for divination
One for potions
Interesting choices

Charms, potions, and transfiguration
please remebemr to post in house colors thank you next time i will have to deduct 5 points from your house  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Mothette x

the dreams are the easist way for things from the other side and for the elemental spirits to communicate with us the second part sounds like lucid dreaming but i am not sure that needs more detail lucid dreaming is the hardest step to going to the astral plane i wouldnt suggest going there as its dangerous to the inexperinenced i did something similar when i was on the crosscountry team in high school i had a dream of all the events and alll the different possibilities of the next day(race day) and i went through the whole day with deja vu cause every thing kept happening the way i saw it and i seemed to know how to change things to make the situation better i ended up passing all my tests with As and i won my race qualifing for the semi finials right before state i usually use this publishing company they seem to know what they are doing User Image
also i have some really old stuff that was passed down

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:53 pm
techpriest35
the dreams are the easist way for things from the other side and for the elemental spirits to communicate with us the second part sounds like lucid dreaming but i am not sure that needs more detail lucid dreaming is the hardest step to going to the astral plane i wouldnt suggest going there as its dangerous to the inexperinenced i did something similar when i was on the crosscountry team in high school i had a dream of all the events and alll the different possibilities of the next day(race day) and i went through the whole day with deja vu cause every thing kept happening the way i saw it and i seemed to know how to change things to make the situation better i ended up passing all my tests with As and i won my race qualifing for the semi finials right before state i usually use this publishing company they seem to know what they are doing User Image

Thank you so much biggrin I am very thankful to have someone with a little more experience give me advice.
Like I said before, I'm trying to stay away from anything too dangerous until I've had more practice. I'd like to work on spells and aromatherapy things to help calm my mind since I struggle with anxiety and depression. I don't want to try anything until I banish the negative energy from my body.

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

Thank you so much biggrin I am very thankful to have someone with a little more experience give me advice.
Like I said before, I'm trying to stay away from anything too dangerous until I've had more practice. I'd like to work on spells and aromatherapy things to help calm my mind since I struggle with anxiety and depression. I don't want to try anything until I banish the negative energy from my body.

Not a problem go read some of the articles and things on this website
http://www.llewellyn.com/
It has beginners stuff for all kinds of paths and they are connected to amazon so if you need any of the books you can buy them for pretty cheap they also have links on collecting the supplies you will need
It helps if you have a group or coven near where you live so you can ask questions and get help. im lucky magic has benn in my family since the beginings of ireland scotland and britain i have some really old texts but no camera of high enough quality to take photos of the pages

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:20 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

It has beginners stuff for all kinds of paths and they are connected to amazon so if you need any of the books you can buy them for pretty cheap they also have links on collecting the supplies you will need
It helps if you have a group or coven near where you live so you can ask questions and get help. im lucky magic has benn in my family since the beginings of ireland scotland and britain i have some really old texts but no camera of high enough quality to take photos of the pages

Unfortunately, I am of Nordic descent, so I don't really have that kind of tradition in my family. However, since the ancient Nordic people had some connections with the supernatural, I believe the capacity for such practices exists somewhere in my veins. I just have to draw it out.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:33 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

Unfortunately, I am of Nordic descent, so I don't really have that kind of tradition in my family. However, since the ancient Nordic people had some connections with the supernatural, I believe the capacity for such practices exists somewhere in my veins. I just have to draw it out.

You might be good with magic if you follow loki or you could be good with divenation if you follow odin
Odin was supposed to have hung him self by his feet from the world tree then cut out his eye the blood that fell made the runes used in runic magic most commonly used for divenation also how the nords made an alphabet for their first written language nordic and celtic are cusions its why germany (the viso goths the goths and most of the barbarian tribes that sacked rome)and france(the franks one of the most feared barbarian tribes that was split in two half helping rome half sacking rome[the franks are supposed to be 6 feet tall 300 pounds of muscle back when average height and weight of a man was 4feet to 5 feetand weighing about 180-250 pounds] are said to have celtic ties

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:37 pm
techpriest35
You might be good with magic if you follow loki or you could be good with divenation if you follow odin
Odin was supposed to have hung him self by his feet from the world tree then cut out his eye the blood that fell made the runes used in runic magic most commonly used for divenation also how the nords made an alphabet for their first written language nordic and celtic are cusions its why germany (the viso goths the goths and most of the barbarian tribes that sacked rome)and france(the franks one of the most feared barbarian tribes that was split in two half helping rome half sacking rome[the franks are supposed to be 6 feet tall 300 pounds of muscle back when average height and weight of a man was 4feet to 5 feetand weighing about 180-250 pounds] are said to have celtic ties

And then we look at the French today... lol
I have been looking into runes and such after I started studying Norse mythology. Odin is very interesting in that he has two ravens which go out into the world each day and report back to him all that they see. It's like they keep watch over the present while he looks to the future. Plus, I've always believed that there are other worlds somewhere that harbor life, which makes these myths all the more rewarding for me to study. It keeps me hopeful.

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

I have been looking into runes and such after I started studying Norse mythology. Odin is very interesting in that he has two ravens which go out into the world each day and report back to him all that they see. It's like they keep watch over the present while he looks to the future. Plus, I've always believed that there are other worlds somewhere that harbor life, which makes these myths all the more rewarding for me to study. It keeps me hopeful.

i too have studied mythology of the greeks romans egyptians nords and a few random native american mythologies and you are forgetting that the ravens number three and that each has three eys in a triangle shape i wonder if the morigan knew of odin? She is one of the triple godesses she is death she is battle and she is birth she is the crow godesses hectate is another of the triple faced goddesses. She is the maiden the lady and the old crone  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:21 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

i too have studied mythology of the greeks romans egyptians nords and a few random native american mythologies and you are forgetting that the ravens number three and that each has three eys in a triangle shape i wonder if the morigan knew of odin? She is one of the triple godesses she is death she is battle and she is birth she is the crow godesses hectate is another of the triple faced goddesses. She is the maiden the lady and the old crone

I thought there were only two?  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:36 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

I thought there were only two?
nope there are 3 its another reference to the power of three  
The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas