Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 am
Quote:
My thought is that this would precipitate orgy activity.
Wow, childish and hilarious. My Teacher has been a Gard 17 years, and he's still waiting on that orgy.
Quote:
Cave drawings have shown that ancient man was using visualization for a successful hunt. But of course, because Gerald wastn't there it couldn't be considered magick?
And I actually got this far before my brain tried to force a hard powercycle and data dump...
Quote:
As my husband who is a studing Alexandrian wiccan for over 20 years will first point out it is not a religion it is a belief. As Scott Cunningham was a great author and may have practiced what he believed in there has been wiccans since the... druids time. The true Alexandrian wiccans date a 1000 years before Christ.
And here's where the gag reflex kicked in.

What I meant to come in here to say was...

"My familiar's a dragon. His name is Eryk, and he wears a pink tutu."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:57 pm
The FBI's guide to Satanic and Ritual murders.

Here's the video.

So all of you evil, Satanic pagans can know what the FBI is looking for.

For those who don't want to watch the video:

The host explains, and then shows on a model (who happens to be a real woman in a checkered bikini) the common marks of Satanic and ritual murders. He shows that sometimes the throat will be cut from ear to chin, the jugular will be pierced, and then when the victim is drained of all blood, the incision will be covered with wax, and sometimes the victim's eyes will be covered in wax.

Then he describes that the other usual marking will be pentagrams or inverted pentagrams on either side of the chest or on the stomach. Occasionally, there will be marks on the back of the ankle or the bottom of the foot will be flayed.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
"All witches follow some religion. Sorcery isn't magic. Acupuncture and magnetic therapy are sorcery."

All this from someone trying to claim that the rules in M&R discriminate against witches because "in-universe" discussion of magic and witchcraft are off-limits.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 am
Hawk Atreides
"All witches follow some religion. Sorcery isn't magic. Acupuncture and magnetic therapy are sorcery."

All this from someone trying to claim that the rules in M&R discriminate against witches because "in-universe" discussion of magic and witchcraft are off-limits.

What does in-universe mean?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:53 am
Esiris
Hawk Atreides

What does in-universe mean?
Well, it's used in Wikipedia to describe situations in which a fictional work is discussed as if it were real. My best attempt at shoehorning the definition into M&R context is when a discussion strays from the theological (discussing the beliefs and tenets of religions) to the inherently "religious" (asserting the beliefs and tenets of religions). It's one thing to discuss the nature of preparing ritual space in various religions and entirely another to get into pissing matches over which religion's preparation methods are "correct".  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 am
"All pagans should worship Brahma, Shiva and Krishnu to complete their incomplete and lacking pantheons and create a universal paganism."

I'm seriously in shock from this... I can't even begin to understand where this guy is coming from or how he thinks this is a good idea, or one that all pagans would not just willingly embrace, but rush to! And you should have seen him "fighting" criticism, it was painful! He kept telling everyone who disagreed with him (all but maybe one person) that they were going off topic and misrepresenting what he wrote, and should therefore shut up until they understood. Just... wow...  

Ainwyn

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:54 am
Oy. I can't believe I just heard about CUUPS (the Covenant of Universalist Unitarian Pagans). Their focus? "Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature." Why thank you for telling me that I can't be "Pagan" because my religious beliefs are not "Earth-centered", do not "celebrate the sacred circle of life", or have anything to do with "liv[ing] in harmony with[...]nature".

@Ainwyn: Sounds like a soft polytheist emanationist or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Ainwyn
"All pagans should worship Brahma, Shiva and Krishnu to complete their incomplete and lacking pantheons and create a universal paganism."

I'm seriously in shock from this... I can't even begin to understand where this guy is coming from or how he thinks this is a good idea, or one that all pagans would not just willingly embrace, but rush to! And you should have seen him "fighting" criticism, it was painful! He kept telling everyone who disagreed with him (all but maybe one person) that they were going off topic and misrepresenting what he wrote, and should therefore shut up until they understood. Just... wow...

"everyone should be just like me" is what it feels like ultimately  

Adalyna

Adalyna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:45 pm
Hawk Atreides
Oy. I can't believe I just heard about CUUPS (the Covenant of Universalist Unitarian Pagans). Their focus? "Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature." Why thank you for telling me that I can't be "Pagan" because my religious beliefs are not "Earth-centered", do not "celebrate the sacred circle of life", or have anything to do with "liv[ing] in harmony with[...]nature".

@Ainwyn: Sounds like a soft polytheist emanationist or something.

I don't get it, pardon my dumbness. It looks like their just interested in earth centered paganism, not in making all paganism earth centered. I know I've heard horrible things about the UU but I have this nasty habit of giving people the benifit of the doubt.

It comes across as you feeling that earth centered religions are being preachy at you, is this taking place, and I'm sorry for when it does. sad *fertility and earth centered myself*  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 pm
Ainwyn

gonk

gonk eek gonk

Nevermind they got the Hindu trimurti wrong. The last deity is Vishnu, not Krishna. gonk  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:54 pm
Wrath of Ezekiel
Ainwyn

gonk

gonk eek gonk

Nevermind they got the Hindu trimurti wrong. The last deity is Vishnu, not Krishna. gonk
Are you even surprised by this?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:15 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Wrath of Ezekiel
Ainwyn

gonk

gonk eek gonk

Are you even surprised by this?

Yes. gonk  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:01 am
Does anyone think it's weird that Raven Kaldera is claiming to be part Romany?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 am
Esiris
Does anyone think it's weird that Raven Kaldera is claiming to be part Romany?

It isn't too surprising, looking through his website. He's got his hands in many pockets it seems. His introduction is so humble as well - The Reweaver of the Web! The Bridge Between Worlds! Dreamer Whose Dreams Come True!  

Collowrath

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games