Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 pm
Some s**t about balance being EVERYWHERE, and oh yeah, Loki's dark.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Then why do I fall over when I've had too much grog!?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Hm. Question:

When you contend with the "Loki's dark" part, do you contend that Loki is benevolent, or that Loki, while having a history of behaviour and certain aspects of his character as not exactly nice or friendly, overall, cannot be defined so narrowly as "dark"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm
Gho the Girl
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Hm. Question:

When you contend with the "Loki's dark" part, do you contend that Loki is benevolent, or that Loki, while having a history of behaviour and certain aspects of his character as not exactly nice or friendly, overall, cannot be defined so narrowly as "dark"
I contend more on the fact that nothing's that simple, but hey, Loki's benevolent when it suits him.

Really, it's not like Thorr or Odhinn or Tyr are the universal paragons of niceness to begin with, so going on about how "dark" Loki is when many of his brethren are just as willing to be that "dark" is kind of pointless.

Also, I don't recall "dark" being one of his descriptors. For instance, I wouldn't really argue with something calling Heimdallr "light" or "bright", except to say that light or bright is more a reference to appearance than to character.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 pm
Quote:

this is just a basic list of the tools i use during the course of a demon hunt.

1-A. blessed crossbow - just a common 50lb pistol crossbow that has been blessed by five different high priestesses and the local catholic cardinal.

1-B. blessed crossbow bolts - silver-tipped brass pistol crossbow bolts with 30mg of salt, 50mg of crushed quartz, 50mg of crushed emerald, and 200mg of powdered silver encased in the shaft of the bolt. these bolts have been blessed by 5 different high priestesses and the local catholic cardinal, as well as blessed by me using secret blessing rituals passed down in my family for centuries. these are used to enclose the demon to make it easier to deal with

2. silver dagger - a 500 year old blessed silver dagger that has the soul and knowledge of my ancestor Nikolai Arnakov sealed within it. this dagger has been passed down in my family since it was forged.

3. holy water - pretty much normal holy water with powdered silver suspended in it contaned in 6 ounce glass vials

4. several kinds of crystal and precious stones - just like the name suggests.

5. spell circle and rune tatoos - these tatoos are on my right arm and act as a focus and as a spell circle. i have a greater spell circle tatoo on my right palm and lesser spell circles on the back of my hand and going up my arm as well as empowering runes going up my arm.

6. my darker half - just like it suggests. the demon whom i share my body with.

there are other tools used in demon hunting, but these are what i use most frequently while hunting

I was left here wondering something like "Wow- if it takes five priestesses and a Catholic to get the blessing done, maybe you should look into finding a competent spiritual leader."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:37 pm
All of my sister's knowledge of magic comes from TV, which isn't bad in of itself.

What's bad is that she's decided that the only legitimate magic would be like in the show Supernatural, and so for Halloween, she's decided to deck out our door, window, and piece of sidewalk with a pentagram, salt, and possibly Enochian words. Along with more traditional Halloween decorations, like pumpkins.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:58 pm
AniMajor
All of my sister's knowledge of magic comes from TV, which isn't bad in of itself.

What's bad is that she's decided that the only legitimate magic would be like in the show Supernatural, and so for Halloween, she's decided to deck out our door, window, and piece of sidewalk with a pentagram, salt, and possibly Enochian words. Along with more traditional Halloween decorations, like pumpkins.

I love Supernatural, but I can't take it seriously at all.

So...would these precautions just be for decoration, or does she actually think demons are going to be wearing kids and trick-or-treating? If she views that flavor of TV magic to be more legitimate, shouldn't she have some misgivings about employing it to dress up the house on Halloween? Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 pm
AvalonAuggie
I love Supernatural, but I can't take it seriously at all.

So...would these precautions just be for decoration, or does she actually think demons are going to be wearing kids and trick-or-treating? If she views that flavor of TV magic to be more legitimate, shouldn't she have some misgivings about employing it to dress up the house on Halloween? Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this. xd

We had this argument over legitimacy last Halloween, when I wondered why she'd drawn a pentagram on the porch, and she said it was to keep demons out. I didn't know where she was getting her information then, so I informed her about the popular idea of pentagram is actually summoning demons. (I understand that the popular idea is not very accurate).

The issues I have with it is that I worry that it'll draw the wrong kind of attention (not the "OMG! It's a Satanic ritual" kind, the "hey, so I hear you do magic" kind), also that my sister does everything with intent, and she'll undo the actual protections I have for our place. Or, worse yet, since she can't draw, I'll be the one doing the pentagram.

Also, while my sister might not believe in magic, she definitely thinks things like this will work simply because she says they will.

Mostly, it's kinda frustrating that I can't explain this to her because she won't believe me, but if something happens as a result, she still won't believe me. Also, it bothers me that it bothers me at all.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:54 pm
AniMajor
Also, while my sister might not believe in magic, she definitely thinks things like this will work simply because she says they will.
I think your sister is a closet chaote. Just sayin'. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 am
Hawk Atreides
AniMajor

Probably. Yay! blaugh  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm
Hawk Atreides
AniMajor

Yes. Unfortunately, she's a much better chaote than I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm
User Image

Something I'd like to share to you all. This is from a Facebook 'Wiccan' group.

These are all from the same person:

Quote:
I would like to respond to some of the comments and theories that have been posted previously on this page. One I would like to address is that you have to be a member of a Coven to be considered a Wiccan. Historically, Wiccans, Pagans, e...tc were solitary due to the persecution of anyone not claiming Christianity. So, to discount the thought that solitary practice is not Wicca is to say our spiritual ancestors were wrong. During the Salem Witch Trials, the defendants claimed Christianity when they were accused. So, to say there is no Documentation would be correct. When your life is under threat to end, you would also claim to be Christian. The term "heathen" derives from "one who lives in the heath". To be in essence a country dweller, out of the public eye and scrutiny. That is also why Wicca is considered to be occult. Occult meaning hidden. The thought of having to go skyclad and to kiss anothers genitals is also of a perverse thought. To think that the Lord and Lady could not peer at your soul because of a thin veil of clothing? Does that actually make sense? My thought is that this would precipitate orgy activity. Fertility is a common state of nature, but to use theology for your needs would be along a left path. The thought of different degrees of initiate is also confusing. Why should there be a numeric system to display how serious you are? Scientology uses this thought of the more money you spend the higher you ascend. Wicca was free, is free and will continue to be free. Wicca is estimated to be around 5000 years old. It is derived from the Druid sect of Asatru. Wittcha translates to "wise one". A male would be called Wicca and a female would be called Wicce. I perceive that Wicca originated when man/woman had the first cognitive thought that they were not alone in this existance. The term Magick is intentionally spelled this way to differentiate true Magick from stage magic. It is not reserved for a specific Wiccan group. To say that Wicca is the worship of fertility is also false. One only has to look at the pentacle and understand that. Satanism concentrates on fertility because it is of the flesh and true Satanists are elitists that have not had an original thought since their conception. A final thought for now. Persons who draw from the same well should not attack one another. Be well. Blessed Be.

Quote:
Again, Wicca is derived from the Druids, which is the "priest" sect of Asatru. To say that Wicca was "invented" in 1954 would give Gerald Gardner credit which is false. To say Gardner formed a verson of Neo Wicca would be more appropriate.... Magick was developed when man stepped out of his cave and realized the connection that he had with the winds and the ground he was standing on. Only conjecture exists on the age of Wicca. That would be comparative to say we could with absolute certainty know the entire existence of man. It just can't be done. There are many different views/versions of Wicca and NeoPaganism, and not one is more correct than the other. Religion and spirituality is individual and should remain so. My late aunt was a High Priestess of a Coven and my late uncle was a Wizard. Respectfully, thought should be given about Wiccan beyond a Harry Potter movie.

Quote:
My information on Asatru came from Asatru members that lived in their own grove. Gerald Gardner brought forth information that he gleaned from a coven. So, that in itself would prove by his own words that he did not "invent" something new.... Again for the last time, Wicca translates to "wise one." Crediting Gerald Gardner that he is the first "wise one" is utterly ridiculous. Cave drawings have shown that ancient man was using visualization for a successful hunt. But of course, because Gerald wastn't there it couldn't be considered magick? And IMHO, you do not have to be formally inducted into a coven. To do so is being a sheeple person like the ones that say you have to be in a church to celebrate the God of their choice. Religion (which is derived from religos "to bind to") is a personal choice and decision. And to spew that someone is incorrect with their beliefs because they are in conflict with your own in not harmonious, and exhibits an elitist attitude. And there is a religious sect for that. They are called Satanists. And yes, I have had many conversations with Satanists. At any rate, this will be my last post. I grow tired of trying to make sense with the senseless. I have started a page witches in vegas which all with open minds is welcome.

Here is a husband/wife posting:

Wife first:
Quote:
As my husband who is a studing Alexandrian wiccan for over 20 years will first point out it is not a religion it is a belief. As Scott Cunningham was a great author and may have practiced what he believed in there has been wiccans since the... druids time. The true Alexandrian wiccans date a 1000 years before Christ. There are so many derivitives of the wiccan belief that it gets distorted throughout the years. Even though he respects Scott Cunningham his book, "The Truth About Witchcraft" it was a narrow minded belief in his wiccan ways. And as the Godess say Blessed Be and Merry Meet.

Now for the Husband:

Quote:
why are all you morons debating the belief of wicca and to these fools saying its a new belief get your head out of your A**S.the true Alexandrian wiccans have been practicing for 3,000 years get your facts straight and stop reading literat...ure by fools and look into history .like even before the salem witch trials.if that was only 50 years ago then your even stupider than your writings.learn about the goddesses and gods before you open you mouth and let your stupidity show.yes scott cunningham was good but he told his own beliefs and did what he had to do to make money.a true wiccan believes in love .respect and honor.for mother earth.so any fool who thinks that #1 wicca is a religion is wrong it is a belief.and think#2 is a new belief really needs to get there head out of there a** and research more.and as for goddess dianna only being for females yea right she has been my goddess for 20 years and many more years for the coven i was a member with also throws a wrench into saying it is a new belief seeing my coven has been around for over 50 yrs.so to all my true wiccan family blessed be and to all others who believe merry meet.to those who disrespect my beliefs get a life.do not disrespect my belief and i will not dis yours.

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Adalyna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:36 pm
Calelith
whole post about facebook
I... I'm speechless. The stuff about Asatru druids from whom wicca decended, what the crap? I'm glad I found this community. I wish I knew where to find more people to talk to who care about honesty and appropriation, and not spreading misinformation like this...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 pm
Adalyna
Calelith
whole post about facebook
I... I'm speechless. The stuff about Asatru druids from whom wicca decended, what the crap? I'm glad I found this community. I wish I knew where to find more people to talk to who care about honesty and appropriation, and not spreading misinformation like this...

User Image

And trying to explain to him that Asatru, Druidism, and Wicca have little in common with each other went in one ear and out the other...

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 am
I just saw Asatru and Druid, and my mind just instantly blanked out. gonk  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games