Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:04 pm
Yanueh
Quote:
I admit I read Dracula back when I was in High School, but I think he still had some issue with coming out in the daytime.

He couldn't use his awesome vampire powahs. That was the extent of it.

Quote:
Do you know a source I don't?

Traditional folklore. The idea that anyone ever believed that vampires would burn in the sun is absolutely laughable when you know what people used to believe about vampires and the measures they went to in order to deal with them. We're talking about people digging up coffins, cutting off the head of the supposed vampire, staking the body to the coffin to keep it pinned down, cutting off its legs to keep it from walking, and any number of other precautions - all in broad daylight.

There are also stories that indicate that vampires sometimes lived among humans, indistinguishable from everyone else except that they couldn't tolerate garlic, onions, and never went out on Saturdays (the Sabbath).

Makes sense to me about the ending of Dracula, granted I remember it correctly. Maybe I should read it again soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm
Blah, I'm sick of ghost hunters and the Northeast-flavored New Age crap they subscribe to.

I suppose it's better than the Southern-fried New Age crap some people subscribe to.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm
Sometimes I think there needs to be a rehab center for 'fluffy' vampire fans. It gets on my nerves when people claim to know what a 'real' vampire is or isn't, yet everything they think they know about 'real' vampires came about in the 20th century.

I think I'll rant now...

1. Traditional vampires DO NOT burn in the sun. At most, they only slept during the day. Even that was iffy.
2. Vampires WERE NOT inspired by porphyria or any other disease that supposedly causes vampire-like traits in people. The so-called vampire-like traits and behaviors associated with porphyria are NOT part of traditional vampire lore.
3. There is NO SUCH THING as the traditional vampire. Vampire lore was extremely varied, and some of it was even more ridiculous than sparkling.

Bonus: Traditional werewolves are voluntary shapeshifters. They do not have a weakness to silver bullets - vampires were said to be affected by silver bullets.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 pm
scream

I am feeling really spiritually apathetic.
Burn outttt

Ugh I hate this.  

aoijea23487

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 am
...and I shall tell them such a lie that they shall never again question their senses or the rightness of their past actions. I shall erase from them the very concept of the unknown and leave them, utterly unprepared and unawares when, in their self-satisfied quiescence, that which even the basest of animals knows to flee descends upon them... In that instant, when the world I created for them shatters, they will look to me with terror born of realization. Mayhaps with accusation.
I shall say unto them: Hate me not, for I merely told you that you were right. I merely gave you what it is you so desperately wanted, what you said you so desperately needed. My gift to you was a lie, a world without song. Just as you always desired. Had I told you of your error, you would have ignored me, or ridiculed me... you did reject me. This way, you got ot live your happy lie, rather than live in impotent fear.

You will know me as the joy-bringer, and you shall hate the memory of me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:14 am
I've made mistakes. I left a pan out last semester and didn't clean it for a week and it began to stink. I took our shared car once without your prior knowledge and so you couldn't go get groceries when you wanted to. These two occasions happened a total of one ******** time each. Bringing them up to display how disrespectful I am of you is absolute s**t given that, upon your voicing displeasure, I apologized and have gone out of my way to accommodate you, even when it has seriously impacted my plans because of [i[you decide that my plans mean s**t all when confronted with your desire to not go to the grocery store until as late as you can push it.

I am a messy person; you are not. You dislike that it takes me forever to do dishes and take out the trash. You dislike that I like to leave my things (even in a neat manner) in the communal living space. My response? I make an effort to clean up my trash. I make an effort to throw my crap in my room. I'm still moderately untidy? I don't get things done fast enough for you? ******** off. I've already compromised; you damn well can too. You're cleaning up after yourself is not 'respectful' to me considering the motivation behind it is that you don't want mess, as I'm perfectly comfortable in an untidy place.

As for your little b***h fit because I wouldn't do what you say? I wasn't aware that in agreeing to this living arrangement, I had agreed to have you as my superior, as that is the only case when dismissing your orders would be disrespectful.

I'll be glad to never see you again. Mayhaps I should join the military, just to make sure that you'll never speak to me again? After all, I'll then be a murderer in your eyes.

You are the most self-absorbed person I know. You always expect others to give you whatever the ******** you want and to accommodate you, but ******** all when someone else asks for you to give just a little.

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm
For ******** sake Nuri, keep your demi-gods out of my tea cups.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:01 pm
TeaDidikai

Sorry, who was bugging you?  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:31 pm
maenad nuri
TeaDidikai

Sorry, who was bugging you?
Pan. In my cup. Opposite me.
Not cool hun. Not cool.

First Beng now him. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm
Yanueh
Sometimes I think there needs to be a rehab center for 'fluffy' vampire fans. It gets on my nerves when people claim to know what a 'real' vampire is or isn't, yet everything they think they know about 'real' vampires came about in the 20th century.

I think I'll rant now...

1. Traditional vampires DO NOT burn in the sun. At most, they only slept during the day. Even that was iffy.
2. Vampires WERE NOT inspired by porphyria or any other disease that supposedly causes vampire-like traits in people. The so-called vampire-like traits and behaviors associated with porphyria are NOT part of traditional vampire lore.
3. There is NO SUCH THING as the traditional vampire. Vampire lore was extremely varied, and some of it was even more ridiculous than sparkling.

Bonus: Traditional werewolves are voluntary shapeshifters. They do not have a weakness to silver bullets - vampires were said to be affected by silver bullets.

I'd just like to say THANK YOU! People never listen to me when I tell them that.  

ShadowCatSoul

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 am
Quote:
Shame on you ENGLAND!!!!!! The only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, mentally Ill without treatment and British servicemen and women fighting without the best kit - yet we donate £50 million to the people of Haiti... 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this

-We are FAR from the only country that has those problems.
-There are countries where things like that are actually the norm.
-How dare we, a developed country where even in the harshest economic times people have plenty of despoable income; donate money to help fellow humans. Charity is just immoral. rolleyes
-I despise copy and paste facebook statuses.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 am
patch99329
Quote:
Shame on you ENGLAND!!!!!! The only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, mentally Ill without treatment and British servicemen and women fighting without the best kit - yet we donate £50 million to the people of Haiti... 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this

-How dare we, a developed country where even in the harshest economic times people have plenty of despoable income; donate money to help fellow humans. Charity is just immoral. rolleyes
If it makes you feel better- I got in a fight with my aunt about something horrifically racist she copy-pasted in her Facebook status.  

TeaDidikai

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 am
patch99329
Quote:

I've seen that before, except for America.
I rather agree with it, but if everyone paid attention to Americans (or your own country), noone like Haiti would ever get help. It's being nice, but then I see it as kinda rude to your own people, who you ignore every day.. General you, not specific. So I'm conflicted on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:56 pm
A mal-nourished person may share food with a starving one. Is it self-destructive? Absolutely... if we only look at the immediate and the physical. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:44 pm
*beats head against brick wall*
i hate my biology class *wham* i hate my biology class *wham* i hate my biology class *wham*...

my teacher is so... everywhere! the only thing i remember her saying in class is that jesus must've been non-polar because he could walk on water... *wham*  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games