Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 am
Not quite a "worst think you can say as a pagan" but gross nonetheless.

Found on Failbook (for those who don't want to click the link):

Quote:
Person 1: whats the pizza pocket story smile plz telll razz

Person 2: k so, 3 years ago, Person 3 and i were dating. and my sister is a wiccan so she has a [lot] of spellbooks and [stuff]. well i was reading one of her spellbooks and there was a spell that would make your man love you forever. the spell was basically having your guy eat your menstral blood. so i got some with a turkey baster lol, and put it in his pizza pocket lmfao

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:50 am
AniMajor

Quote:

Person 2: k so, 3 years ago, Person 3 and i were dating. and my sister is a wiccan so she has a [lot] of spellbooks and [stuff]. well i was reading one of her spellbooks and there was a spell that would make your man love you forever. the spell was basically having your guy eat your menstral blood. so i got some with a turkey baster lol, and put it in his pizza pocket lmfao

O.O  

erinnightwalker

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:05 pm
Do I need quotes, or can I just say "The Wicca episode of Bones" and be done?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:35 pm
Regarding Wicca:
'"State your coven and lineage."

Don't need one. Worrying about coven and lineage is stuff for fluffy bunnies.'

Oh, dear...  

DarkAliceChibi

Proxy Survivor

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 pm
DarkAliceChibi
Regarding Wicca:

Oh, dear...

I don't know the intention that sparked the response, but there are some fluffies who demand that kind of information when they really have no idea how to even verify the information.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 pm
Esiris
DarkAliceChibi
Regarding Wicca:

Oh, dear...

I don't know the intention that sparked the response, but there are some fluffies who demand that kind of information when they really have no idea how to even verify the information.

The thing that botherd me was the attitude the person had about covens/lineage in general...I interpreted them as saying that such things were not necessary at all, which is, from my understanding, a huge part of Wicca. They were basically supporting the idea that "Solitary Wicca" is Wicca, and that you needn't be in a coven/be initiated/etc. to call yourself Wiccan.  

DarkAliceChibi

Proxy Survivor

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 pm
Hawk Atreides

There was a pretty bad "House" episode as well - the BOS was the Necronomicon (if I remember correctly). gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 pm
too2sweet
Hawk Atreides

There was a pretty bad "House" episode as well - the BOS was the Necronomicon (if I remember correctly). gonk
True, but House isn't based on the stories of an anthropologist. The worst part? That episode was one that Reichs herself wrote, meaning that the "anthropologist" managed to not only get every aspect of Wicca wrong, she managed to claim that the pentagram was an "ancient Wiccan symbol symbolizing [...] sisterhood". You know, actual ancient cultures be damned. How dare that Pythagoras appreciate its mathematics! He's stealing from the bloodline of Wiccans who were killed at Salem!  

Hawk Atreides

MyValenwind

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 pm
AniMajor

Quote:

That's just.. wow. Theres another reason for me to not like pizza pockets.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm
Everything around this part of the Internet.  

erinnightwalker

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:16 am
Hawk Atreides
too2sweet
Hawk Atreides

True, but House isn't based on the stories of an anthropologist. The worst part? That episode was one that Reichs herself wrote, meaning that the "anthropologist" managed to not only get every aspect of Wicca wrong, she managed to claim that the pentagram was an "ancient Wiccan symbol symbolizing [...] sisterhood". You know, actual ancient cultures be damned. How dare that Pythagoras appreciate its mathematics! He's stealing from the bloodline of Wiccans who were killed at Salem!

Not saying it's right, but where does it say that a forensic anthropologist has to know anything about Wicca?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:09 am
too2sweet
Not saying it's right, but where does it say that a forensic anthropologist has to know anything about Wicca?
On the surface, valid contention. The problem is that the show seems to pretend at times that forensic anthropology is a forensic application of social science anthropology, and Reichs herself makes no attempt to explain that the only "science" she's keeping "honest" on the show are the osteology, morphology, etc. - not the history or sociology. Pair that with Brennan's occasional (and often taken as authoritative!) sociological, historical, and psychological outbursts, and the fact that Brennan is an expy for Reichs, and you get the clear picture that Reichs herself has a bit of the view that her anthropology extends beyond the measurements. At which point we stray from "OK, she got a few things wrong" into borderline Dan Brown territory - someone who claims to be keeping the show "honest" managing to get everything - not just the religious details, but easily-researched history - wrong in the episode she wrote. In other words, no one but Reichs herself claimed that she should know anything about the subject, but Reichs is the target here.

Seriously, I mostly watch Bones to see what glaring mistake is going to be made each episode. For a show that tries to play itself off as a hybrid character/procedural drama, they get the procedure worse than House so often I'd fire them all.  

Hawk Atreides

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 am
Calelith
As you were, I was

This was found in a guild:
Quote:
may the lord and lady smile upon you all. i'm turning 22 in a couple weeks and i follow in the footsteps of over 70 generations of my ancestors as a demon hunter. i started training in the craft and the ancient arcane arts at the age of 3 and started practicing on my own around the age of 10. i was posessed by a demon as a small child (around 4-5 years old) and it was sealed within me by my great grandmother who was also my teacher (may her soul rest in peace). i've reached an arrangement of sorts with the demon and have shared my body with him for about 16-17 years now. he has become my greatest ally and tool in what i do. i have over 70 generations of knowledge in the craft, ancient arcane arts, lore and especially demon lore that i'm willing to share most of. although there's alot of knowledge that i will only pass on to my children whenever that comes around (hopefully not soon). i have also trained with sword, shield, dagger and many other bladed weapons since age 5. it's a great way to focus yourself so you can train yourself better in the craft and the arts. other than that. HI ALL!

As I am, you will be

well, if it's true, that's a pretty rich background to have. if it's true.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 am
I can't even begin to take them seriously. Figuring a generation is about a conservative twenty years- that's 1400 years of family lineage he's claiming to be able to trace.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 am
Esiris
I can't even begin to take them seriously. Figuring a generation is about a conservative twenty years- that's 1400 years of family lineage he's claiming to be able to trace.

Me either. I'm torn - on one hand, if I could trace my family back that far, it would satisfy a major curious itch. On the other hand, knowing what I know about us and where we come from, it's probably too ******** depressing.

Either way, the person totally reads like something from a comic book.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games