Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Trivia Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 pm
TiagoBrazil
Your right it is easy. Chakotay's girlfreind towards the end of Voyager was 7 of 9.

Here is one that might be a bit hard. What six races make up the Xindi?

right! Yeah it was easy lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:56 pm
TiagoBrazil
Your right it is easy. Chakotay's girlfreind towards the end of Voyager was 7 of 9.

This is a trick question, the Xindi are 1 race, but have 6 sub-species. Much like the Neanderthals are to Humans (Sorce: Dr. Flox).

But the 6 sub-species are as follows: (in no specific order)
1. Reptilians
2. Insectoids
3. Arborials
4. Primates
5. Aquatics
6. (extinct) Avians  

MagnusHansen

TiagoBrazil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:00 pm
MagnusHansen
TiagoBrazil

This is a trick question, the Xindi are 1 race, but have 6 sub-species. Much like the Neanderthals are to Humans (Sorce: Dr. Flox).

1. Reptilians
2. Insectoids
3. Arborials
4. Primates
5. Aquatics
6. (extinct) Avians

Very good I just had to ask because so many people think that the Xindi are 6 different Races.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:06 pm
TiagoBrazil
MagnusHansen
TiagoBrazil

1. Reptilians
2. Insectoids
3. Arborials
4. Primates
5. Aquatics
6. (extinct) Avians

Very good I just had to ask because so many people think that the Xindi are 6 different Races.

Thank-you, but I'm no average Trekkie biggrin I've been watching Trek since I was 7 (22 now...)

So, my trivia question for you all!

In the TNG episode "Inheritanceā€¯ Data and his mother play what piece for what 2 instruments? (Side note, my favorite Trek line of all time is in this episode... get the answer then come to my profile to figure that out! wink )  

MagnusHansen

Nekoni Awabuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:03 am
MagnusHansen

Thank-you, but I'm no average Trekkie biggrin I've been watching Trek since I was 7 (22 now...)

So, my trivia question for you all!

In the TNG episode "Inheritanceā€¯ Data and his mother play what piece for what 2 instruments? (Side note, my favorite Trek line of all time is in this episode... get the answer then come to my profile to figure that out! wink )

K I'm not sure about the piece, but I know the instrument was violin, not much of a TNG fan, but I have seen that episode ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:48 pm
I totally can't remember the exact piece...but I'm assuming that it's a violin and a viola that are played. I haven't see that epis in ages. sweatdrop

I'm another one with the lifetime Trekker thing - TNG premiered 2mos after I was born - my mom watched it every time, thus I watched it every time.... The weird thing is, I can remember dreaming about "Attached" - which is one of my all-time favorite epis. Only, I would have been about 6ish at that time....

It's a major bummer we can't ask questions about the book series...those are awesome.... Oh well.  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:32 am
Feel free to make a trivia thread just for books.
This one, however, has to remain live shows/movies.

NEW question!

One actor appeared in TOS and went on to play a regular member of the
crew in ST:TNG. (Really!)
What's the actor's name?
(This is not a trick question.)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:02 am
---_---_---_---_

I know Majel Barrett-Roddenberry was in both TOS and TNG (aswell as being the computer voice in other series')
But she wasn't in the crew...

Diane Muldaur (Pulaski) was in an ep of TOS... I think it was the one with the Medusan?

_---_---_---_---

-[.Moo.]-

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:18 am
-[.Moo.]-
---_---_---_---_

I know Majel Barrett-Roddenberry was in both TOS and TNG (aswell as being the computer voice in other series')
But she wasn't in the crew...

Diane Muldaur (Pulaski) was in an ep of TOS... I think it was the one with the Medusan?

_---_---_---_---
That's why I phrased the question the way I did.

Yes, Diana Muldaur appeared TWICE, as 2 different characters,
in TOS before returning as a regular crewmember in ST:TNG as
Dr Pulaski.

In "Return to Tomorrow", she played Doctor Ann Mulhall, astrobiologist.
In "Is There in Truth No Beauty", she played the telepath
Doctor Miranda Jones, psychologist.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 am

New Question!

In the DS9 episode 'The Forsaken', Lwaxana Troi has many wigs. Which colour is the first one she wears in the episode?

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:05 am
I think it's safe to say nobody else knows that one.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:07 am
This is a quote from Wikipedia.

Quote:

Kon-Tiki was the raft used by Norwegian explorer and writer Thor Heyerdahl in his 1947 expedition. It was named after the Inca sun god, Viracocha, for whom "Kon-Tiki" was said to be an old name. Kon-Tiki is also the name of the popular book that Heyerdahl wrote about his adventures.

Heyerdahl believed that people from South America could have settled Polynesia in the south Pacific in Pre-Columbian times. His aim in mounting the Kon-Tiki expedition was to show, by using only the materials and technologies available to them at the time, that there were no technical reasons to prevent them from having done so.

Heyerdahl and a small team went to Peru, where they constructed a balsa wood raft out of balsa logs and other native materials in an indigenous style as recorded in illustrations by Spanish conquistadores. This trip began on April 28, 1947. Accompanied by five companions, Heyerdahl sailed it for 101 days over 4,300 miles across the Pacific Ocean before smashing into the reef at Raroia in the Tuamotu Islands on August 7, 1947. The only modern equipment they had was a radio and watches.

The voyage of the Kon-Tiki inspired an episode of Star Trek.
Which episode did it inspire?
I'll accept the name, or a good description of the episode.  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:29 pm
This may be wrong...but if you're talking about TOS (which I'm assuming you are, since you didn't put a suffix after 'Star Trek' in your question), is the episode, "The City on the Edge of Forever"?

It's the only one I can think of that fits....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:00 am
YoukaiLuvr
This may be wrong...but if you're talking about TOS (which I'm assuming you are, since you didn't put a suffix after 'Star Trek' in your question), is the episode, "The City on the Edge of Forever"?

It's the only one I can think of that fits....

I didn't specify which series it was, TOS or any other, so as not to limit the
question.

"City on the Edge of Forever" featured only one small device being built,
not a vehicle. There's an episode from one of the series' that MUCH more
closely resembles this, including the voyage.  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Josh Paris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:20 pm
The Deep Space 9 episode Explorers in season 3

Sisko returns from a trip to Bajor with the blueprint for an ancient space vessel that operates like a sailboat, using solar pressure for propulsion. According to legend, the Bajorans used these ships to explore their star system 800 years ago, even going as far as Cardassia. Sisko decides to build one himself to see if this was possible, and painstakingly recreates the vessel, determined to prove the design was spaceworthy. He hopes to have Jake join him on the adventure.

After the ship is thrown free of the invisible current, Sisko discovers he has no idea where they are, and fears the eddy, composed of faster-than-light tachyons, has carried their vessel light years away. Suddenly, Gul Dukat informs the two that they have entered Cardassian space. As Sisko and Jake realize they just proved the same thing could have happened 800 years ago, Dukat reluctantly congratulates them on recreating the journey of ancient Bajoran explorers who did successfully reach Cardassia then, and welcomes the two with a stellar fireworks display.

Only modern tech they had was a subspace transiever  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games