Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:13 pm
Mat
i can imagine an army of preditors tearing its way through some nids right now
Id think it would be the middle weight & higher Tyranids they would hunt  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:54 pm
this might be a sort of normal or minor conversion but i took the basic kit of a chaos lord and a box of chaos troops (all warhammer 40k) and took the head with the biggest horns out of there and replaced the normal head with it. i had to file around the head holding thing and put greenstuff into it so the head could stick. i took the backpack apart, i removed the 2 side thing off and put them on a standard backpack with the side things cut off for it too. i threw away the metal backpack. i took some old plastic sword/blade things and cut them so only the blade was left. i used 4 standard ones to make the power fist he had into a lightning claw and 2 others as demonic talons and a demonic mutation on his left hand gun. i also made a custom trophy of a ultramarines head (made out of standard but cut up by me) and a standard tau head, cut up by me. i then put his banner on the back pack. i have already painted him and i should have a pic of him soon up here.  

Lord_Kenko

Sparkly Explorer

5,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Straygor

13,575 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:58 pm
but i do the tyranids army of baron Ashura from mazinga.
1500 pnt and i put 6 carnifex and 2 dominator  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 pm
ill they need is one of those spinny death frizbee things that denzel got ahold of and just shoot it through the massed nid swrams  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

GTJoeTheNecrons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:27 pm
Mat
ill they need is one of those spinny death frizbee things that denzel got ahold of and just shoot it through the massed nid swrams

What? Who?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:24 pm
this is a predator

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Straygor

13,575 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:05 pm
Well duh like anyone doesnt know what of those is by now.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:04 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
looks good. One question. For what purpose are you making this?

Further question. Seeing as I can see you're a fellow pred fan. Planning on making some predators? any idea what to use as the base?

You could try and use the Kroot Shaper as the base body. Lop off his face and green stuff a predator mask on him. Similar musculature. The dreadlocks would need some work but you have the spines to work with as a starting point. I took a look at the kroot plastics but their arms are all holding rifles closely. it would be difficult to shave them off and keep the original musculature convincing. Doable though. The shaper has a nice arm holding a pulse rifle that could easily be sawed off and replaced with a spear type weapon or wrist blades using some dark eldar knives or head blades.

Just an idea. He wouldn't be much larger than a guardsman but the scale is somewhat limited for that kind of difference anyway. I think things like ogryns are supposed to be seven or eight feet tall and they are double the size of most figures. You could always use an ogre as the basis and work from there (seems too bulky though).  

Macdougal_999

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:37 pm
or to be cheeper they could just use the shapers head & model the helmet onto it clip off the kroot rifle then use the blades for the fist  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:13 am
Macdougal_999
Cagalli Yura Attha

Further question. Seeing as I can see you're a fellow pred fan. Planning on making some predators? any idea what to use as the base?

You could try and use the Kroot Shaper as the base body. Lop off his face and green stuff a predator mask on him. Similar musculature. The dreadlocks would need some work but you have the spines to work with as a starting point. I took a look at the kroot plastics but their arms are all holding rifles closely. it would be difficult to shave them off and keep the original musculature convincing. Doable though. The shaper has a nice arm holding a pulse rifle that could easily be sawed off and replaced with a spear type weapon or wrist blades using some dark eldar knives or head blades.

Just an idea. He wouldn't be much larger than a guardsman but the scale is somewhat limited for that kind of difference anyway. I think things like ogryns are supposed to be seven or eight feet tall and they are double the size of most figures. You could always use an ogre as the basis and work from there (seems too bulky though).

There's not much That you can use as a Predator, without major Green Stuffing. And with the amount I think you'll have to use, you might as well learn to sculpt your own minis. Kroot bodies wouldn't work well, because the leg has one too many joints in it. The Head, maybe, but not the body. Your best bet is a musclar human model, cause that's alot what preds look like.  

Raw_fishFood

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:16 am
Oh yeah! I forgot to ask. How big is a Epic Imperial Warlord Titan compared to a dreadnaught?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:48 am
Cagalli Yura Attha

Theres two ways i know of getting predators.

There's a necromunda headhunter, or something, holding a bolter/meltagun combiweapon with one hand, in the air. He's pretty close to a predator, with the right bone structure, etc. If you want to use GW minatures.

Or you can look here and scroll down to 'non humans' and look at the 'hunter aliens'  

angelfire5x

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:56 am
Usagi Ninja
Oh yeah! I forgot to ask. How big is a Epic Imperial Warlord Titan compared to a dreadnaught?
Im not sure but probly not too far off  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:38 pm
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja

I need to know, cause I wanna make a non-tradtional Dred for my Samurai Army, one that looks more humanoid, and I can make it look like ancienct Samurai Armor.  

Raw_fishFood

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:24 pm
Usagi Ninja
Reddemon
Usagi Ninja

I need to know, cause I wanna make a non-tradtional Dred for my Samurai Army, one that looks more humanoid, and I can make it look like ancienct Samurai Armor.
Id say use washers to make it higher & for shits & giggles use a termi body with some extra green stuff for his body & head  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games