Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The TekTek Society
..:*|[Priea's Midnight TekTeks]|*:.. she liiivvveeesssss! :O Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of GAIA's items that can only be bought with Cash?
  It's okay.
  They're selling out.
  There should be the option to buy it other than from the Marketplace. Hello, inflation anyone?
  I don't care either way.
View Results

Priea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm
Lestelle
Priea
Lestelle
Oooh, might I get a current avi rate, please?
c:
You're the first one to utilize the rating option here! blaugh heart

H'okay. So, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say an 7.5/10. 3nodding Reasoning:
You have a very good colour balance & coordination, but the white of the Winter Rose seems to make it very top-heavy and the green from the stem sticks out. Granted, I give leeway for colour coordination because it's extremely difficult to match every pixel & shade. xD Overall, the avatar is very interesting to look at in general and the concept is cute. (I love the >_< glasses!) I also like that you've used more than two colours, including different shades and matched the different shades. It seems like too many are afraid to venture out and stick to one or two colours. ^^; I also like that you have some softer pastel colours mixed with darker, "harsher" colours. 3nodding It works very well together.
In terms of suggestions, I would say something of a soft shade of white for the bottom to go with the Ancient Katana because it seems topheavy at the moment. The same would go with the black you have from the middle down--maybe one of the skull pins to add to the top? And to just add a hint of green to match the stem, you could go for a Natural Jade Pendant or Jade Oblong Beads. x3 If you're not going for complete colour balance, I would say your avi is more of a 8.5/10, as it still works very nicely. 3nodding

If there's a theme or something I've missed, please tell me and the rating would change accordingly. 3nodding

Thank you for being my first rate!!! whee <3
First one, eh? Well don't I feel special! xD
And thanks a bunch for the rate and the suggestions!
I agree, the Rose does make it a bit top heavy but I didn't really know what else to do so I just stuck it on for the heck of it. But as for the bottom, I don't really know what whitish or pinkish item I could add to balance out the avi. But then again I did put this all together without having to buy anything, which surprised me because I didn't know I had it in me to make a fairly good avi with restricted items. surprised
I was also wondering, do you think I should keep my black Mistress skirt or should I try the purple one instead?
Well for the bottom the first thing I think of are Jenny's Innocent Clamshell Purse and Jenny's Sweet Clamshell Purse, but then that would add in gold, which could be used as a higlight rather than another colour to use throughout. So if you added in one of those purses, the Gold Hoop Earrings might be needed. However, I think Jenny's Sweet Clamshell purse it too light of a pink. XD;
You could have her wield another Ancient Katana, if you wanted.
As for the skirt, I would say stick with the black one because your purples are already fairly distributed throughout the avatar and the black skirt adds to the Black Soft Bra showing through your Elegant Veil and even adds to the brownish black of the Dark Halo Tail and Were Feet. 3nodding

And just a side note, I know it says I'm offline, but I'm just back and forth because I'm supposed to be doing homework and my attention span sucks. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:00 pm
Online. Sort of. Not really. Okay, I'm procrastinating again. xd  

Priea

Lestelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 pm
Priea
Lestelle
Priea
Lestelle
c:

You have a very good colour balance & coordination, but the white of the Winter Rose seems to make it very top-heavy and the green from the stem sticks out. Granted, I give leeway for colour coordination because it's extremely difficult to match every pixel & shade. xD Overall, the avatar is very interesting to look at in general and the concept is cute. (I love the >_< glasses!) I also like that you've used more than two colours, including different shades and matched the different shades. It seems like too many are afraid to venture out and stick to one or two colours. ^^; I also like that you have some softer pastel colours mixed with darker, "harsher" colours. 3nodding It works very well together.
In terms of suggestions, I would say something of a soft shade of white for the bottom to go with the Ancient Katana because it seems topheavy at the moment. The same would go with the black you have from the middle down--maybe one of the skull pins to add to the top? And to just add a hint of green to match the stem, you could go for a Natural Jade Pendant or Jade Oblong Beads. x3 If you're not going for complete colour balance, I would say your avi is more of a 8.5/10, as it still works very nicely. 3nodding

If there's a theme or something I've missed, please tell me and the rating would change accordingly. 3nodding

I agree, the Rose does make it a bit top heavy but I didn't really know what else to do so I just stuck it on for the heck of it. But as for the bottom, I don't really know what whitish or pinkish item I could add to balance out the avi. But then again I did put this all together without having to buy anything, which surprised me because I didn't know I had it in me to make a fairly good avi with restricted items. surprised
I was also wondering, do you think I should keep my black Mistress skirt or should I try the purple one instead?
Well for the bottom the first thing I think of are Jenny's Innocent Clamshell Purse and Jenny's Sweet Clamshell Purse, but then that would add in gold, which could be used as a higlight rather than another colour to use throughout. So if you added in one of those purses, the Gold Hoop Earrings might be needed. However, I think Jenny's Sweet Clamshell purse it too light of a pink. XD;
As for the skirt, I would say stick with the black one because your purples are already fairly distributed throughout the avatar and the black skirt adds to the Black Soft Bra showing through your Elegant Veil and even adds to the brownish black of the Dark Halo Tail and Were Feet. 3nodding

And just a side note, I know it says I'm offline, but I'm just back and forth because I'm supposed to be doing homework and my attention span sucks. biggrin
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check 'em out.
Except for the Ancient Katana. Don't feel like questin' for another. blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 pm
Lestelle
Priea
Lestelle
Priea
Lestelle
c:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check 'em out.
Except for the Ancient Katana. Don't feel like questin' for another. blaugh
xd No worries. I totally understand the burden of questing. gonk I hope you'll come back for more rates/TekTeks! whee  

Priea

Priea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:37 am
Might not be on much from now 'til Sunday. gonk

But then again, I'm an internet addict, so I'll probably make the time, ie skipping out on an hour of sleep. xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:05 pm
ninja  

Priea

Priea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:25 am
Fwoosh. On at 1:30am. Again. gonk I need to get on a regular sleep schedule. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:03 am
Well, I'm still around for a bit but I'm putting the status to OFFLINE just in case I forget later. XD;  

Priea

Reenada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Item List:
Anti-Fashion Pink Anti-Accessory
Blacklight Ribbon
Blacklight Tube Top
Blue Candy Striped Stockings
Emo Glasses
Gold Pocket Watch
KoNfuZeD ReD SHoEz
Professional Grade Blue Oven Mitts
Purple Nurse Skirt
Red Leather Belt
Red Web Shirt
That Red 90s Visor

Estimated Total: 15,735 Gold
(Estimated with known item values on 02 February 2007)
Hope you like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:59 am
Could you please rate me, too?
I definitely love what you do. Your colour skills are flawless.  

Reenada

Priea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:47 am
Thank you for the compliment. ^^
But just for clarification, do you want your current avi rated or the TekTek you made? o.o
(I mean, I'm assuming you mean your current avi but I can also be a little slow on the uptake sometimes so I'd like to make sure. xd )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:12 am
I have a Saturday class today but I'll probably be on during the lunch hour. ninja  

Priea

Priea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:42 am
An it's-been-a-long-night-bump  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:29 am
Both.  

Reenada

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:27 am
I made you some, since you've been doing so many for me. :'D

1st: Something like... egoistic killer with whiskers. o: XD

Item List:
Anti-Fashion Blue Anti-Accessory
Aoi Cache Pants
Black Rose Band
Blue Fade Jump Shoes
Card Shark Bands
Catfish Whiskers
Dark Halo
Lunar Cowl
Soft Black Underwear

Estimated Total: 100,642 Gold, 6,000 Tickets
(Estimated with known item values on 04 February 2007)

2nd: It's a crazy newbie jogger. With an expensive watch. It sucks 'cause I'm in a hurry, but anyway. XD

Item List:
Buck Teeth
Castaway Rust Shorts
Citrus Snug Layered Tees
Feather Headband
Flashion Yellow Star Stockings
Gold Hoop Earrings
Gold Pocket Watch
Grass Stripe Sleeve Sweater
Green Fish Eyes
Green Grecian Sandals

Estimated Total: 8,468 Gold
(Estimated with known item values on 04 February 2007)

I'll make more when I come back! >_<''

The TekTek Society

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games