Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alexdria Tivola

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 am
Ohhmaru-Concoo-Tanoweichi
Alexdria Tivola
Alexdria Tivola
I have a little question that was on my mind all day yesterday...

As far as Pokemon appearances go, would adding accessories (Like say a hat or necklace) involve the use of a Crystal Shard? I would think not, but I figure I'd ask ahead of time. (Regardless the idea I had in mind involves a Crystal Shard, but it's good to know just for like.. future reference.)
No it doesn't involve the crystal shards to dress your pokemon up so long as the item in question isn't a apart of the pokemon to begin with such as Sylveons" ribbons. It generally a good idea though to make a note in the pokemon data that its dressed up rather then a "shiny" unless the item is an in-game held item.

Okay cool. What I had in mind was pretty much a Pikachu with a Fievel hat. (From American Tale/Fievel goes west) But with the Crystal Shard I was going to make the Pikachu look like Fievel as well...

I blame my nieces for this idea.
Oh my childhood tingles crying that idea is awesome ! You should totally make a theme to get Plusle & Minun and do a Chip and Dale theme emotion_kirakira

What a cute idea... To bad I suck at custom sprites. Recolouring is one thing, but adding clothes is another thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:16 am
Alexdria Tivola
Alexdria Tivola
Alexdria Tivola
I have a little question that was on my mind all day yesterday...

As far as Pokemon appearances go, would adding accessories (Like say a hat or necklace) involve the use of a Crystal Shard? I would think not, but I figure I'd ask ahead of time. (Regardless the idea I had in mind involves a Crystal Shard, but it's good to know just for like.. future reference.)
No it doesn't involve the crystal shards to dress your pokemon up so long as the item in question isn't a apart of the pokemon to begin with such as Sylveons" ribbons. It generally a good idea though to make a note in the pokemon data that its dressed up rather then a "shiny" unless the item is an in-game held item.

Okay cool. What I had in mind was pretty much a Pikachu with a Fievel hat. (From American Tale/Fievel goes west) But with the Crystal Shard I was going to make the Pikachu look like Fievel as well...

I blame my nieces for this idea.
Oh my childhood tingles crying that idea is awesome ! You should totally make a theme to get Plusle & Minun and do a Chip and Dale theme emotion_kirakira

What a cute idea... To bad I suck at custom sprites. Recolouring is one thing, but adding clothes is another thing.
Ask sonic lazor. He has an art shop in the art corner sub-forum. He's REALLY good with recolors and such.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:16 am
SpectralEternity
SpectralEternity
So odd little plot question. I know ele and prince said it was against the rules in PHL, but this isn't PHL and i want your take not theirs.

Can a person battle a gym leader as an unofficial gym battle ?
IE an NPC battle using a gym leader for said battle ? No rewards aside from Exp. Done when no one is battling said gym leader of course.

Hmmm, interesting! Sounds like a fun plot~ I think I wouldn't have any problems with that, as long as their pokemon levels follow the normal level limit of the area you're in, and you don't give yourself the TM/HM and badge rewards since its an unofficial battle. Gym leaders have lives too, they're normal trainers, they like to occasionally travel the world and battle people with their own pokemon not set aside for their badges, so yeah, sounds good to me :0
Well me and Wolk will be moving Ohm and Ko to Sunnyshore so i figured id see about having Ohm battle whats-his-depressing-face ( most likely to lose ) while he's there for a little training. No rewards aside from Exp though. And i can keep him within the Lv's im sure.

lol are you talking about Volkner? I like his character, even if he is really bored all the time xP That sounds good though, I don't have a problem with it. If you have the NPC posts to spend and you want him to be your unofficial NPC then I say go for it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:20 am
SpectralEternity
SpectralEternity
SpectralEternity
So odd little plot question. I know ele and prince said it was against the rules in PHL, but this isn't PHL and i want your take not theirs.

Can a person battle a gym leader as an unofficial gym battle ?
IE an NPC battle using a gym leader for said battle ? No rewards aside from Exp. Done when no one is battling said gym leader of course.

Hmmm, interesting! Sounds like a fun plot~ I think I wouldn't have any problems with that, as long as their pokemon levels follow the normal level limit of the area you're in, and you don't give yourself the TM/HM and badge rewards since its an unofficial battle. Gym leaders have lives too, they're normal trainers, they like to occasionally travel the world and battle people with their own pokemon not set aside for their badges, so yeah, sounds good to me :0
Well me and Wolk will be moving Ohm and Ko to Sunnyshore so i figured id see about having Ohm battle whats-his-depressing-face ( most likely to lose ) while he's there for a little training. No rewards aside from Exp though. And i can keep him within the Lv's im sure.

lol are you talking about Volkner? I like his character, even if he is really bored all the time xP That sounds good though, I don't have a problem with it. If you have the NPC posts to spend and you want him to be your unofficial NPC then I say go for it.
^__^ yeah i stopped saving them up when i got to 100 gonk lol Figured i don't need any more then that XD

Thanks captain ! Aside from him iv got one other NPC battle planed out. A reoccurring NPC for Ohm who knows his past and how he lost his memory's.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am
Lia Syuki
Since at this point there isn't exactly a suggestion box thread, I guess I'll ask it here. Perfectly fine with a "no" or "not now" answer, just figured I'd ask. Any chance you guys might consider the ports/ships as another option for traveling between the regions? I know it wasn't one in the other guild, but one, one extra travel spot shouldn't hurt things much (if at all), and two, since it seems like every region has at least one major port town/city, it makes a bit more sense - at least to me - than trains that go across the ocean to island regions and the like. XD

>w>
I know loon already responded to you, but...
you like, read my mind. I was thinking about this like all week and forgot to mention it. It is a planned feature that we just haven't gotten around to adding quite yet. :3
I'm happy to see another member like the idea, too. >w<

Also, like loon said, we always love to hear suggestions. This place works just fine for that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:21 pm
Loonamist
o vo We're always open to suggestions and the like! I'll try and make sure to mention this for discussion, since it would possibly make things easier to travel between regions if there were another option. I can't say when we'd be able to get a definite consensus on it or implement it (due to school. Hopefully most of us will be a bit more free from that soon >w> ), but we definitely encourage people to make suggestions x3
Vigilia
>w>
I know loon already responded to you, but...
you like, read my mind. I was thinking about this like all week and forgot to mention it. It is a planned feature that we just haven't gotten around to adding quite yet. :3
I'm happy to see another member like the idea, too. >w<

Also, like loon said, we always love to hear suggestions. This place works just fine for that.
XD Well, glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks it'd be a good idea. And yeah, busy week means lots of people are distracted. And glad to hear the other part, too. I'll try not to drop too many suggestions in here. XD  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm
SpectralEternity
Shadow - Dragon
Is there any achievement rewards on the Pokedex achievement for starters. I also noticed there were no titles either, can we offer suggestions like "All Washed up" for collecting all water starters? Or "Stay Out of the Tall Grass" for collecting all grass starters.

Yes, there are achievements for catching/collecting starter pokemon! Or, more specifically there will be. I have some slots in the achievements saved for that specifically but as you pointed out, they're unfinished >w> I'll be working on those more when Im finished with this school quarter, as well as a few other projects of mine, but I do love the titles you suggested! I would love to add those <3

May I suggest others? Should I do that here or somewhere else? I'm thinking Puns, lol.

Next question. I've seen a lot of Pokemon and scanned them as well but never count those in my PC. I guess I will do that for Legendries since seeing them is more likely then 'catching' them. So in the PC I have it

First stage
Second stage

Final stage
info
------------
Legendary Name: dex info ???

Will that work or should I do something else?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:50 pm
Shadow - Dragon
SpectralEternity
Shadow - Dragon
Is there any achievement rewards on the Pokedex achievement for starters. I also noticed there were no titles either, can we offer suggestions like "All Washed up" for collecting all water starters? Or "Stay Out of the Tall Grass" for collecting all grass starters.

Yes, there are achievements for catching/collecting starter pokemon! Or, more specifically there will be. I have some slots in the achievements saved for that specifically but as you pointed out, they're unfinished >w> I'll be working on those more when Im finished with this school quarter, as well as a few other projects of mine, but I do love the titles you suggested! I would love to add those <3

May I suggest others? Should I do that here or somewhere else? I'm thinking Puns, lol.

Next question. I've seen a lot of Pokemon and scanned them as well but never count those in my PC. I guess I will do that for Legendries since seeing them is more likely then 'catching' them. So in the PC I have it

First stage
Second stage

Final stage
info
------------
Legendary Name: dex info ???

Will that work or should I do something else?

Go right ahead! I'm always open for suggestions, sure!~

It is perfectly fine to have pokemon recorded in Simon's Pokedex as seen rather than caught, and you can do that by whatever means you wish as long as you make a clear distinction that the pokemon was seen and scanned, not actually caught c:  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:49 pm
SpectralEternity

Actually that's a bit opposite of my question/comment. Simon will not get those achievements for catching/seeing all the Pokemon in an area because I don't go out of the way to note that he has seen certain Pokemon unless he's caught them. I've seen other PCs which do have it, they look amazing, but I can't bring myself to do that as well, minus legendries. Is that a problem?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:06 pm
Achievement Titles for catching Starter Pokemon per region

Get all Kanto Starters - 1995
Get all Johto Starters - 1999
Get all Hoenn Starters - 2002
Get all Sinnoh Starters - 2006
Get all Unova Starters - 2010
Get all Kalos starters - 2013

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:39 pm
Shadow - Dragon
SpectralEternity

Actually that's a bit opposite of my question/comment. Simon will not get those achievements for catching/seeing all the Pokemon in an area because I don't go out of the way to note that he has seen certain Pokemon unless he's caught them. I've seen other PCs which do have it, they look amazing, but I can't bring myself to do that as well, minus legendries. Is that a problem?

Oh! Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your question then. c:

Well, the pokedex achievements only are awarded to catching the pokemon, since that's the only way in the games that you can get the full data and information, on a pokemon, and that proves to be more of a challenge than just characters walking around scanning pokemon that the RPers claim their characters see in their posts, because that's a bit too easy.

If the issue is more that you don't have a fancy PC/Pokedex layout and don't want to take the time to fill all that out, it's perfectly understandable. You don't have to create some amazing layout and write out a bunch of information on a pokemon, you just have to prove that you've actually caught the pokemon in order to get the achievement.

For instance, if you simply list the pokemon name and national dex number, and then provide a link to the post where Simon caught that pokemon, and have him release the pokemon immediately after so that you don't have to store it and its information in Simon's PC, that would be perfectly acceptable. I'm also working on a few pokedex layouts to provide for people who don't want to make their own that you are free to use as well if you would like when they're finished!

The layout that you have for seeing legendaries is also fine to use, but again, just provide a link to the post where simon saw said legendary and that is proof enough c:

I hope that answered your question! If not feel free to clarify and I'll try to answer it better. I'm multitasking quite a bit, you'll have to forgive me. Lots of guild projects to work on, and I'm also studying for midterms coming up next week >w>

Also haha I like your starter achievement titles! I had improvised something in my workshop thred in the mod only section with titles relating to the colors of the games for each region, so like, Kanto was "Red vs Blue" xD I would love to try and incorporate these release dates to those titles though~ Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:23 am
Question....Why is it mandatory to start off at the professors' labs?  

CLCyrus

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:35 pm
CLCyrus
Question....Why is it mandatory to start off at the professors' labs?
How else are you to get a starter pokemon ?  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I can actually name a few creative ways new trainers can receive their starters from the Professors, but that's not what I meant. I meant, why aren't we allowed to start off in our characters' homes and make our ways to the desired lab? It would be great if we could so we can gather any prizes we've claimed through events and horoscopes on the way, so long as we don't post for any items until the starter is collected.  

CLCyrus

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:24 pm
CLCyrus

I can actually name a few creative ways new trainers can receive their starters from the Professors, but that's not what I meant. I meant, why aren't we allowed to start off in our characters' homes and make our ways to the desired lab? It would be great if we could so we can gather any prizes we've claimed through events and horoscopes on the way, so long as we don't post for any items until the starter is collected.
There were some aspects of the games we found it easier abide by rather then allow such creative freedoms. We've discussed the topic before but opted to stick to the games way rather then invent or allow others. BUT you can still claim items and pokemon from things such as the monthly give away before you get your starter. Those pokemon can be written into your characters back story as "your true starter".

The main reason for starting at the labs are to get your Dex and to be officially registered as a trainer.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games