Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 am
Yokies

Yeah, they do! :3 Though most Electric-types can learn Signal Beam, which kind of sucks against a pure Grass-type. gonk But yeah, Grass-types resist Electric-moves. I wonder what the slowest Electric-type is. >.> Yeah, Leech Seed can be very helpful. Sometimes it's a lot better than the Absorb family. xD

I don't think so. I believe it's just changing types is all.
That probably is it. When they're teeth are coming out they want to chew on things to help the pain. Haha yeah, or they think they can eat the colorful stuff. xD They think it's sweet like cake or candy haha.

Yeah. :c It stinks, but it's to be expected. I think those are good though. xD I suppose that's true, many people tend not to have a hard time trading with others. Maybe I should be really happy my Wifi works the way it should. ^^;
There are a lot of things that are different between the anime and games. Lugia indeed had a baby named Silver in the anime, I think the whole part lasted like 3 episodes. I'm not sure why they do it, maybe they just don't want people mass-producing legendaries in the game, so they make it so they can't breed. In Manaphy's case, it's offspring can't even evolve into it, so you can't get a bunch of Manaphy either. Phione also isn't considered a legendary, so you can keep breeding Manaphy all you want and you still wont have a true legendary, so I think it's just to keep people from having tons of them, to try and keep them "special" in a way. There are obviously always going to be a way smaller number of legendaries than any other Pokemon, so I think they just want to keep it that way.
And no, Nidoqueen and Nidorina cannot breed with anything at all, not even Nidoking or Nidorino. No one seems to know the reason why. Funny enough, in the anime special "Mewtwo Returns", there was a cloned Nidoqueen and cloned Rhyhorn that produced baby Rhyhorn and baby Nidoqueen (you read that right, NOT Nidoran!). That just makes things even more complicated. xD

Yeah. I wish I had their kind of skills. o-o I'd never need to worry about obtaining anything new again. xD AND I could buy art! Lol.

User Image User Image

Stupid me, and there I was, sacrificing Servine first because I thought he was the weakest in my team against Elesa. Forgive me Servine! rofl I never really used Signal Beam anyway, so I'm not really sure as to what its effects are sweatdrop
      I used to think that Giga Drain is just the best, but then when you consider the number of turns Leech Seed is in effect, it somehow offsets (and even exceeds) Giga Drain's effects. This just goes to show that it's not always about bangs and smokes... you also have to think sweatdrop

Well, to each his own as they say. Maybe for him, it's the changing types; for us, it's our being too hot-blooded rofl
      Yeah, they probably think it's something nice to eat so they nibble away on anything colorful. Kind of makes you wish you had the innocence of a baby. At least you won't get guilty for indulging on something really nice (like chocolates and cakes~)

I told you, it's just me who's unlucky rofl Had I known what format a DS supports, I would have asked the technician to use that format. Now, I'm too afraid to change anything because I might mess things up. My parents would kill me if I do that sweatdrop
      Yeah, it was kind of long, Silver's episode, although I have to admit, it was cute. To think, a baby Legendary whee Really, Phione's not a Legendary? How come she's included in the Legendary list (according to Bulba)? But yeah, I do think that many people would start breeding thousands of Legendaries if they allow that to happen in the games. It will make them lose their Legendary status coz they're so ordinary now. What if, they make their stats really high instead? I mean, there could still be lots of them, but the stats would be way above the ordinary Pokemon...
      Okay, now that really is weird. But maybe something was messed up in their system during the cloning process. I mean, they were created artificially, so maybe something was messed up with their reproductive system?
      I've read up on Nidorina and Nidoqueen. Apparently, they belong to the Undiscovered egg group. Apparently, its main characteristic is that they don't have the ability to breed. All the baby and Legendary Pokemon are in this group, with the exception of Nidorina, Nidoqueen and Unown. Although why the two can't breed is still unknown. Maybe it's part of the mysteries of the Pokemon world. Or they're the counterpart of barren people in real life sweatdrop

But I guess the questing part is the exciting thing about buying a new item. I mean, I for one feel the excitement when I'm saving up for that item. Albeit, it can get discouraging at times, but I still feel happier when I'm questing than when I already have that item.
      But yeah, tons of gold is still a nice thing emotion_awesome

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 pm
Louisa Iris

Well, against Elesa it's reasonable. With her Emolga being part Flying-type, it could have left Servine at a serious disadvantage. xD Plus her Zebstrika knew Flame Charge right? Even more scary for Servine. o-o Signal Beam is a Bug-type move, so it's super-effective against pure Grass-types.
Haha yeah. Sometimes it just really depends on your battle strategy as well. Some people can work with Giga Drain better than Leech Seed, some people like the residual damage every turn on top of attacks. Some people have both. o:

Poor Arceus. xD
Though I wouldn't wish childhood fatness on anyone. gonk I was fat as a child, and it definitely was not pleasant.

Can you call up the technicians or the company and just ask? Without them charging you or anything? It might be good to at least look into. xD
Well, I can't really say whether it's considered a legendary or not, but in terms of stats and means of obtaining it, along with you being able to have as many as you want, for me, I wouldn't consider it one. Though many official sources contradict themselves. Before Pokemon.com was revamped, it had a "mailbag" where people could ask questions, and someone asked if Phione was a legendary, which they said no, but quickly changed their minds and said yes. In the HG/SS game guide, Phione is not stated as one, in Pokemon Ranger: Guardians signs, it's not referred to as one while other legendaries are. BUT, in Mystery Dungeon Time and Darkness, it has a 100 percent recruit rate, you can only have one, and it isn't battled, which other legendaries fall under and Phione is banned from the Battle Frontier, Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament, though I wouldn't see why as it's not strong in the slightest and can't even learn some of the same moves Manaphy can. It's really confusing. sweatdrop
I think they don't make legendary stats abnormal because they still want them to be catchable. Legendaries can be tough as is to obtain, and if they just handed them to you it would take the fun out of having them. You still have to battle them to catch them, and if they were too strong for an ordinary Pokemon to fight, you'd never win unless you actually used your Master Ball. sweatdrop
Yeah, that's what I would think anyway. Being cloned probably made them different than regular Pokemon, and they were able to breed.
I knew they were part of the undiscovered-egg group, it's just that no one knows why they'd be put in there in the first place haha. I wish someone would just come out and say why, the barren option would just be really sad. ; w;

Yeah, the questing is always really fulfilling as well. It's probably why they made alchemy so expensive to do. Some of the top vendors on Gaia still wont touch alchemy with a 10ft pole despite having loads of gold, because it's just too much for them, but other people see it as a challenge and will complete their levels at any cost, because after a while it -does- start to be profitable again, at least I would hope it does.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 am
Yokies

Well, against Elesa it's reasonable. With her Emolga being part Flying-type, it could have left Servine at a serious disadvantage. xD Plus her Zebstrika knew Flame Charge right? Even more scary for Servine. o-o Signal Beam is a Bug-type move, so it's super-effective against pure Grass-types.
Haha yeah. Sometimes it just really depends on your battle strategy as well. Some people can work with Giga Drain better than Leech Seed, some people like the residual damage every turn on top of attacks. Some people have both. o:

Poor Arceus. xD
Though I wouldn't wish childhood fatness on anyone. gonk I was fat as a child, and it definitely was not pleasant.

Can you call up the technicians or the company and just ask? Without them charging you or anything? It might be good to at least look into. xD
Well, I can't really say whether it's considered a legendary or not, but in terms of stats and means of obtaining it, along with you being able to have as many as you want, for me, I wouldn't consider it one. Though many official sources contradict themselves. Before Pokemon.com was revamped, it had a "mailbag" where people could ask questions, and someone asked if Phione was a legendary, which they said no, but quickly changed their minds and said yes. In the HG/SS game guide, Phione is not stated as one, in Pokemon Ranger: Guardians signs, it's not referred to as one while other legendaries are. BUT, in Mystery Dungeon Time and Darkness, it has a 100 percent recruit rate, you can only have one, and it isn't battled, which other legendaries fall under and Phione is banned from the Battle Frontier, Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament, though I wouldn't see why as it's not strong in the slightest and can't even learn some of the same moves Manaphy can. It's really confusing. sweatdrop
I think they don't make legendary stats abnormal because they still want them to be catchable. Legendaries can be tough as is to obtain, and if they just handed them to you it would take the fun out of having them. You still have to battle them to catch them, and if they were too strong for an ordinary Pokemon to fight, you'd never win unless you actually used your Master Ball. sweatdrop
Yeah, that's what I would think anyway. Being cloned probably made them different than regular Pokemon, and they were able to breed.
I knew they were part of the undiscovered-egg group, it's just that no one knows why they'd be put in there in the first place haha. I wish someone would just come out and say why, the barren option would just be really sad. ; w;

Yeah, the questing is always really fulfilling as well. It's probably why they made alchemy so expensive to do. Some of the top vendors on Gaia still wont touch alchemy with a 10ft pole despite having loads of gold, because it's just too much for them, but other people see it as a challenge and will complete their levels at any cost, because after a while it -does- start to be profitable again, at least I would hope it does.

User Image User Image

Uh-huh, I thought I was a goner with those two. I guess I was just also lucky because she kept on using Volt Switch with all her Pokemon. I guess it couldn't have dealt that much damage... had I been one level above her instead of fighting her head on when I was just two levels below her rofl
      True, everything's about the right move for you. Me, I personally go for all-out attacks, never mind the stat-changing moves. But sometimes, those moves actually help out, so I try to modify my ways.

Hmm... that could work. I'll go try and convince my parents about it. We've had a LOT of mishaps already when it comes to our internet connection, so they're a bit suspicious of any changes that might be made. You see, there was one time when we had to pay one month worth of internet bill when I wasn't even able to use the internet because it just wouldn't connect. So yeah, any changes and they suddenly wall up like a Wartotle using Withdraw.
      I too was chubby when I was young... until now actually sweatdrop And I now fully appreciate the results of all the food that I ate rofl

Maybe they're trying to really make her look like a "baby" Pokemon, yet still keep the standards of a Legendary. I mean, even if she's still a baby, she'd be above all others because she's a Legendary baby. I guess it also depends on how people would want to view her. You might not think her stats are at Legendary level, but that doesn't matter to me. As long as she's unique (and I don't even know how to describe my "unique"), she's Legendary to me sweatdrop
      Well, that is true. Well, I have to say that they are good in creating that "legendary" image around Legendaries. I am a bit surprised actually, to find so many Legendaries catch-able in B2. I mean, you have the Lake Trio, some of the golems, Heatran, the Musketeers, and Crescelia. I've never heard of so many Legendaries in one game before...
      Well, it is weird. Personally though, I don't really care much if they breed or not. I'm not really particular about that family of Pokemon, they just seem so... intimidating to me sweatdrop

I too haven't really tried Alchemy that much. I guess I belong to those who wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, it's just that I don't have the same amount of money as them sweatdrop I prefer questing, as it gives me something to do here, and also a reason to actually go online in Gaia, because sometimes, I just ran out of things to do here.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 pm
Louisa Iris

Man I think you were pretty lucky, because her Emolga knew Ariel Ace and of course her Zebstrika new Flame Charge. o.o Sometimes it's more fun to battle when you're under leveled. xD
I'm kind of like that too, but I can work with both. I have a Calm Mind Lucario that works wonders, and when I'm doing the PWT Rental challenge, I do well with the Defensive, Stat-Increasing ones.

Oh I see. I suppose I would be pretty suspicious too. That sounds so bad. o.o Did they try calling people out there to fix it? It really sucks to pay for something you couldn't even use.
Lol I was chubby too, and I'm chubby again. xD But that's because I was pregnant haha.

I guess she could be a "baby legendary". xD I suppose you could say Phione is unique in a way, but it can still be mass-produced haha. Phione can also breed and make Phione, which means EVEN MORE can be made. xD Poor things haha.
I think while they want to keep them rare, they also want people to have some sort of access to them that doesn't involve events and stuff. Like in HG/SS, they made it so you could catch Kyogre or Groudon depending on which game you got, so people wouldn't have to trade from the Ruby/Sapphire versions. The remakes also brought more of Ho-Oh, Lugia and the legendary beasts into the system, which we desperately needed, since you couldn't trade from the Gen 2 games to later versions because they weren't compatible.
I really love the Nidoran line. xD I've trained both Nidoking and Nidoqueen and they're so fun to use haha.

I understand that. I'm one of those people as well. As much as I would like the achievements that go with leveling up, I just don't have the gold to drop on it. Questing is good, it definitely does give you something else to do when other activities run dry. There are times when I get bored as well, when no one I know is online to talk to. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 am
Yokies

Man I think you were pretty lucky, because her Emolga knew Ariel Ace and of course her Zebstrika new Flame Charge. o.o Sometimes it's more fun to battle when you're under leveled. xD
I'm kind of like that too, but I can work with both. I have a Calm Mind Lucario that works wonders, and when I'm doing the PWT Rental challenge, I do well with the Defensive, Stat-Increasing ones.

Oh I see. I suppose I would be pretty suspicious too. That sounds so bad. o.o Did they try calling people out there to fix it? It really sucks to pay for something you couldn't even use.
Lol I was chubby too, and I'm chubby again. xD But that's because I was pregnant haha.

I guess she could be a "baby legendary". xD I suppose you could say Phione is unique in a way, but it can still be mass-produced haha. Phione can also breed and make Phione, which means EVEN MORE can be made. xD Poor things haha.
I think while they want to keep them rare, they also want people to have some sort of access to them that doesn't involve events and stuff. Like in HG/SS, they made it so you could catch Kyogre or Groudon depending on which game you got, so people wouldn't have to trade from the Ruby/Sapphire versions. The remakes also brought more of Ho-Oh, Lugia and the legendary beasts into the system, which we desperately needed, since you couldn't trade from the Gen 2 games to later versions because they weren't compatible.
I really love the Nidoran line. xD I've trained both Nidoking and Nidoqueen and they're so fun to use haha.

I understand that. I'm one of those people as well. As much as I would like the achievements that go with leveling up, I just don't have the gold to drop on it. Questing is good, it definitely does give you something else to do when other activities run dry. There are times when I get bored as well, when no one I know is online to talk to. xD

User Image User Image

Yes, completely lucky. She just kept on using Volt Switch on me, so I just keep on using Growth, Leaf Blade and Leech Seed on her. That's true! The satisfaction level when you win when you're underhanded is just sky high. You feel like you're really strong, when in reality, you were just lucky rofl

Yep, we've had like 5 different teams over, "fixing" things. It was only after my mom called customer service to complain that they told us that that particular brand of internet connection is "incompatible" with our location. Incompatible in the sense that it gets really weak signals from their stations. And we were like, "Why didn't you tell us sooner, bitches?"
      I don't mind chubby people, or being chubby at that. Or maybe I just don't care about physical appearance sweatdrop

Well, she really does fail in that criteria of a Legendary if she could be so easily attainable. You know, I actually thought back then that Manaphy and Phione were some sort of sisters because they look alike rofl
      Is that so, eh? Ain't it a bit weird that they're giving out Legendaries that can be easily traded? Like the Lake Trio; you could easily get them via trade from any of the Sinnoh versions right? Why not give away the Legendary Birds? I haven't heard of an event where they're given out, nor can you trade with the earlier versions of Pokemon...
      I'm not really into Poison-types, although I have heard that that family is a strong "species" of the Poison-types. Somehow, I associate Poison-types with the bad guys, so they're either weak or, well, bad sweatdrop

I know right? Some of the items are cool too, especially those that can only be gotten via Alchemy, but why does it cost so much? Even their ingredients are so expensive or hard to get, so I just clear away from it.
      You know, that used to be my biggest problem here in Gaia. I have no threads where I was a regular because I was too shy to join in the conversation. That's why I tried to be a regular in CB, but that was a complete failure. If it weren't for the items (I wasn't even questing back then), I would've stopped a long time already.

Oh, happy new year to you and your family~!

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm
XxAriaxX
Welcome ! smile Your avi is nice !

YOUR avi is nice. emotion_kirakira  

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm
Hello everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:16 pm
Louisa Iris

Your game's Elesa must have been really stupid or something. xD Haha yeah, most of the time it really is just luck that you win when you're not really prepared, but it's still awesome!

Wow, that's pretty crappy. You'd think if they were aware of that they wouldn't have installed that specific one. Way to go, making you pay for something you couldn't even get service from for a whole month. >.> Stupid people.
I don't really care about physical appearance either. xD I mean, I do think there are unattractive people, but those are my tastes obviously, and they don't reflect on everyone/everything as a whole. xD

Yeah, once you have a Manaphy there is nothing stopping you from mass-producing them. xD I mean, someone can just give you a Phione too and you can still breed it into more of them, so yeah haha.
The Legendary Birds can be caught in HG/SS. I suppose you could easily just trade them out and stuff like that, but you still only have 1 of each available to you each game file. You'd have to keep restarting to get more, and of course that involves playing the game and getting to the parts where they are caught, or the time if it's post E4. It's just a lot of effort for something when you can catch like 50 of something else. xD So there will always be less legendaries haha.
I don't mind Poison-types. I've trained a lot of them. xD They're actually not all that bad, they just suck when in the hands of the villains because they always have the unevolved ones, plus they're usually under leveled as well.

They're hard to get because it's meant to be a gold sink. Gaia wants people to drop millions on it so gold gets taken out of the system. The gold you put into alchemy is gone, you get gold back after selling it to someone else, or you just keep it and that's what you paid to have it.
I for some reason never had that hard of a time finding people to talk to. Honestly, they actually found me haha. Most of my posts are pretty recent, like this and last year, though when I think about it, most of the people I talked to years ago I have no idea where they are now. xD Many of my "current" Gaia friends I've met in the last two years. I'm still not a regular anywhere, but I do more posting than I ever did!

Happy New Year to you too! c:

Aliareana

Hi. sweatdrop How are you?

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm
Yokies

Aliareana

Hi. sweatdrop How are you?

Oh I'm peachy! How are you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 pm
Aliareana

I'm doing alright. c:
Just got home from buying some food. o Ao

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 pm
Yokies

What did you buy???  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm
Aliareana

TV dinners, chicken, popcorn. xD Other things haha.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm
Yokies

TV dinners are the best when you don't want to cook! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm
Aliareana

Haha yeah. :3 I get lazy sometimes. xD
Plus it's like, a really good TV dinner haha, boneless chicken! * w*
My boyfriend got meatloaf. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm
Yokies

Yay chicken!

Meatloaf emotion_puke

How old are you? Do you live with your bf?

I'm 25.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games